Sponsored

will the bronco be cancelled altogether?

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
over half of the sticky threads on this forum have been removed, does this mean ford is cutting their losses and shutting everything down?
I'm totally bewildered how someone could draw that conclusion from the stated predicate.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just heard on the news that "one of the automakers" may retool to make medical supplies. They didn't say which one. So, things are about to change for a period of time.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just heard on the news that "one of the automakers" may retool to make medical supplies. They didn't say which one. So, things are about to change for a period of time.
That's good actually as they will be making money doing "something" in the mean time, if it is them.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
not a chance.
They're way too deep now to cancel. Suppliers have to be producing parts already and presumably under contract to produce certain quantities. Ford would need to pay up and that would be millions just for this. With the messed up Explorer and Aviator launch and Escape selling slower than expected, I don't see how Ford could take such a huge hit. They need the Bronco now more than ever.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

over half of the sticky threads on this forum have been removed, does this mean ford is cutting their losses and shutting everything down?
C'mon...

According to Google..The Bronco is the most searched new vehicle in the USA ..it will be Ford's biggest money maker behind the F150. It's going to be a cash cow..the Taurus of the 2020's.

In addition they have poured all the money in already ...research, money, engineering over the last 4 years into this project..they have engines, stamping, interiors etc..all ready to go..they are already making these vehicles for testing, reviewers etc.

There is no chance it's not going to be produced ..and my guess is if the Corona Virus end like any normal flu by the end of April-early May..they are going to need these sales this year, not next and production will be moved up. Stock holders were already putting pressure on Ford to move up production before the Virus.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's good actually as they will be making money doing "something" in the mean time, if it is them.
Elon Musk said he would make them if needed..so it was Tesla

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They have spent way to much money already, even if shit goes to hell and they don't they think they sell half as many as they did before all this crap they need a return, also in terms of importance cancelling this is like if right before gm unveiled the c8 Corvette and then cancelled it, it's too late in the game. No offense I kinda hate these post it offers nothing new to talk about the conversation is one sides it's like asking if the bronco will have headlights

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is this for real?.. ?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... Ford MAY need to think about a more modest base trim level. ...
I'm kind of hoping that's what the 66 or some other trim was meant to be all along, simple durable classic vehicle at a modest price.

They have spent way to much money already...
Sunk Cost Fallacy

Just because they spent money in the past doesn't mean continuing with that plan is still a good idea.

I think it will in some form, but that isn't why.

Sponsored

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this for real?.. ?

Yes Ford is in big trouble.

Wouldn't surprise me if they cut something. They idled their plants and the company is suspending its dividend and it will borrow the total unused amounts against two lines of credit.

Deleted member 3063

What's the talk about Ford retooling to make respirators? As far as anyone actually knows Ford, GM and Tesla have only OFFERED to help with them if asked. How would a Bronco assembly line even remotely resemble one needed for something the size of a washing machine? Whirlpool, Amana or GE would be more like it.
Ford has tons of space for something like this, it's not a Sherman tank or a P51 after all.

Bronco tooling is going in as we speak and the installation probably won't even slow down while the plants are "closed". I worked as an UAW electrician for 33 years and would very very rarely get time off during any shuttering as much as I would have liked it.
I worked in 2 plants, 1 had 3,500 workers the other had 5,000, elbow to elbow in many cases. When the production workers went home the places were like echo chamber ghost towns. The paint shop alone at the last plant was over 3 million sq ft, We used radios to find one another. Social distancing on steroids.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe they were going to make parts for respirators or possibly masks? Or maybe 3M is making the masks? I can't remember now, but I thought it was good that manufacturers were able to do this so we can have USA made supplies.
Sponsored