Sponsored

Will we have to switch dealers now because of allocation formula?

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched to Stephens last fall, had a "99" order placed in March, as directed. Now it seems possible these "under invoice" dealers may NOT get their Broncos! Will i be allowed to switch dealers AGAIN? Will i need to? Is the new allocation just hype and Ford will end up delivering our spring 2020 orders to our dealers in early 22 anyway? Of course this is a HUGE disappointment, my whole family has been waiting for me to get my Bronco, and seriously at this rate who knows? I am hoping the "worst case scenerio" is i am FORCED to reorder at a different dealer BUT still have my place in line, is that possible???
Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try doing some reading in the other dozens of forums about this topic. All your questions are already answered.

Also - welcome to the disappointment club...

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My reservation is with a small local dealer, so I have zero idea where I fall in the pecking order, how the new allocation scheme affects me, etc. 2nd-day reservation but I have no clue if I'm going to see my new vehicle in 4 months, 8 months, or 2 years. SO FRUSTRATING.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched to Stephens last fall, had a "99" order placed in March, as directed. Now it seems possible these "under invoice" dealers may NOT get their Broncos! Will i be allowed to switch dealers AGAIN? Will i need to? Is the new allocation just hype and Ford will end up delivering our spring 2020 orders to our dealers in early 22 anyway? Of course this is a HUGE disappointment, my whole family has been waiting for me to get my Bronco, and seriously at this rate who knows? I am hoping the "worst case scenerio" is i am FORCED to reorder at a different dealer BUT still have my place in line, is that possible???
I won't be switching dealers. I could switch cars, but I'm not bending to this allocation change. Ford will reap what it sows.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't have to do anything. Just hang tight for a few weeks and see if Ford announces temporarily changes to the process. As if the entire process didn't provide enough uncertainties with when you'll get your order, throw allocations into the mix and the best anyone can tell you is zero to 10 years. If they had stuck with the First in First out model, we'd have a better estimate with which to plan on. The last thing that I want to do is order a Jeep to tide me over 3 to 4 years and be surprised in 6 months that my Bronco is picked for production. With the market, I probably wouldn't have to worry about loosing money on either.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Too many unknowns, because there are several variables that go into your status. The time to get a Bronco with another dealer, will depend on metrics you may or may not have available from the dealer, when making the decision. That's one reason this process is such a mess.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

first I'd say talk to your dealer, ask them where you are in line (though that's also subject to change if there are parts problems again) and see what they say. I'd also suggest to wait a bit before switching, see if Ford and the dealers can figure something out that still works with the franchise laws and regulations they're bound to. Of course you could call around locally or go to some dealers in person and talk to them so you get a feel as of what options there might be for you. Hopefully this will all get sorted and everyone gets their Bronco delivered. Good luck!
Sponsored