MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great but in my eye every time a top gets painted the B pillar remaining the MIC color stands out. Trouble is, painting that part may blend in well with the top on, but then it would stick out with the top off. Can’t win them all I guess. Nice looking rig,enjoy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sorle

Sorle

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the paint is it as simple as getting the exact code of the color from Ford and any paint shop would match it? I do like the WW over Oxford White.
This was Ford WW paint from 1970

Broncitis

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66,67, (3)76, (2)77 Broncos, 00 7.3 CC F350
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For the paint is it as simple as getting the exact code of the color from Ford and any paint shop would match it? I do like the WW over Oxford White.
Wimbledon White is color code M for 60s and 70s Broncos and trucks

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pinstripes Suggestions?
I did this simple half inch (1/4 + 1/8 with 1/8 space) double stripe temporarily. I like it enough that I've not replaced it yet with the 1 inch stripe (1/2 + 1/4 space + 1/4). IF I get white painted dish-style wheels, i would widen the stripe. I personally do not like the hockey-stick stripes, right now, but hey, its art on automobile. Artistic choice!

20230221_121311.jpg

20230221_121255.jpg

When I get tired of this DIY job, I'll pull it off, and try something new! I just double the order, since as an amateur I mess up 50% of the time.

Last edited:

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I make a stripe for the Early Bronco that is based on the belt line chrome that was an option. Here's a pic of when I did a test stripe on one of our Early Broncos several years ago, as well as what inspired it and a few renderings I'm working on for 6G customers.

I also make dozens of styles of tailgate letters for the Early Broncos, so I'm now also doing those in a scaled down version that fits the 6G better instead of being half blocked by the spare. Here's a set of our Bronco.

Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door 20230221_121255

Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door 20230221_121255

Would love to see one of these made to fit within the body crease instead of over/under it - in chrome and black - any chance of that?

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would love to see one of these made to fit within the body crease instead of over/under it - in chrome and black - any chance of that?
I love the art! The fun thing about Pinstriping. When I get tired of it, I can pull it off, and try something new! All I have yo remember is, to buy twice as much as I need, since I'm an amateur and make mistakes!

Broncitis

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, but I'm not sure how the point will look inside the other shape. And chrome vinyl is unlike other vinyl since it's a mylar based laminated product and not cast through color. It does not stretch and conform as well, and doesn't have the life expectancy of the other vinyl we use. It can also sometimes desalination on the cut edges after extended weathering. It's also more difficult to print on, but yes, I can do it.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This was Ford WW paint from 1970
This looks so good. I considered white on my Rapid Red. So many you see are WHITE and it does not look good at all. This is not so bright and seems to be more subtle.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
but respectfully you need to pull the script up a little tighter to the belt-line crease in my opinion.
My exact thoughts too. The top of the B is 1" from belt line and the 1" from the fender seam.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This looks so good. I considered white on my Rapid Red. So many you see are WHITE and it does not look good at all. This is not so bright and seems to be more subtle.
WW would have been better on the HE's but I've had plenty of white cars in the past and I always forgot how bright white they were until after I washed them! :)

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, but I'm not sure how the point will look inside the other shape. And chrome vinyl is unlike other vinyl since it's a mylar based laminated product and not cast through color. It does not stretch and conform as well, and doesn't have the life expectancy of the other vinyl we use. It can also sometimes desalination on the cut edges after extended weathering. It's also more difficult to print on, but yes, I can do it.
ok sounds like too much downside - is there a bright silver that would work? and maybe shape the point to conform to the body crease ends? i am just curious to see how close vinyl could get to the chrome trim pieces you see on the original broncos - which i realize didnt really mate up to the crease indent on the original broncos either!!

aps

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX/SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Code M looks great on the top. I plan on doing that on my top and sas flares on my race red when I get the time. I've see a hot pepper one with top and flares done and it looked awesome. Thinking about going solid red on the grill instead of white.

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
One word of advice if you are going to paint the grille.............

........It looks best with the surround painted the body color. IMO.

How would you go about painting around the grill, especially in Hot Pepper Red?

How much would a bodyshop charge you to paint that part of the grill?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How would you go about painting around the grill, especially in Hot Pepper Red?

How much would a bodyshop charge you to paint that part of the grill?

It is a bit hard to narrow down a price (area and labor rate of body shop) but any quality body shop can do the work, it is pretty straightforward. Basically it is tape it off (where you don't want the HPR), scuff and prep surface, mix the paint (not hard for a body shop with the correct paint code), shoot the color, repat the steps for the WW color.

@broadicustomworks I believe is the red one I posted. If so, he may be able to give you a better idea of cost.

Broncitis

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ok sounds like too much downside - is there a bright silver that would work? and maybe shape the point to conform to the body crease ends? i am just curious to see how close vinyl could get to the chrome trim pieces you see on the original broncos - which i realize didnt really mate up to the crease indent on the original broncos either!!

Yes, there's a couple different silver metallic that don't have the same problems as the mylar based chrome. There's also wrap chrome that may be more suitable than cut graphics vinyl chrome. We can cut them from either, but rarely use the wrap vinyl for a few other reasons.

I'm sure I can change the point, but that will also lose some of the heritage of what the stripe is. I'll have to try one to see.
Sponsored