First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is a bit hard to narrow down a price (area and labor rate of body shop) but any quality body shop can do the work, it is pretty straightforward. Basically it is tape it off (where you don't want the HPR), scuff and prep surface, mix the paint (not hard for a body shop with the correct paint code), shoot the color, repat the steps for the WW color.

@broadicustomworks I believe is the red one I posted. If so, he may be able to give you a better idea of cost.
I like the look too but HPR is a tri-metalflake paint. Getting a match using just a code will be difficult.

even a custom matched paint will be difficult and will probably need to be blended onto the fenders and hood to look factory.

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I am.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

How would you go about painting around the grill, especially in Hot Pepper Red?

How much would a bodyshop charge you to paint that part of the grill?
If you look at all three of the grilles posted you can see all three are painted a bit different. The Cactus one is definitely the most expensive and mimics the EB grille shape and then has another color stripe separating them. His is actually for sale and supposedly the paint work was done at a shop that specializes in Ferraris, so $$$$$. Here's the link to his Bronco which is for sale:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/for-sale-custom-heritage-edition-wildtrak-2-door.59783/

The white and silver I posted you can see the silver over the edges and then with the red one the edges are body color and wraps around which I like better but like how the Cactus has that separation line between colors.

As for cost, no clue, think you'd be better getting as much sprayed out to help minimize costs, ie mirrors, flairs, handles, etc. All shops charge differently depending on area and quality, supplies used so call around your area and see.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is a bit hard to narrow down a price (area and labor rate of body shop) but any quality body shop can do the work, it is pretty straightforward. Basically it is tape it off (where you don't want the HPR), scuff and prep surface, mix the paint (not hard for a body shop with the correct paint code), shoot the color, repat the steps for the WW color.

@broadicustomworks I believe is the red one I posted. If so, he may be able to give you a better idea of cost.
The red one is mine (Thanks @BAUS67). I painted it myself, went fairly simple with the lines. I added a bit of black drop shadow with an airbrush around the taped line to give it the illusion of more depth.
As far as cost, that will vary wildly by the shop who quotes it and the details/accents you want.
I like the Cactus one a lot with the wrapped-around painted line and the pinstripe work, but that one would cost the most due to the taping and layers.
Range of pricing here for a tri-stage HPR if I were painting it would be $300-500 for the surround and clearing the whole grille. The actual cost of getting the tristage paint would be the biggest variable. Paint and supplies are up double-digit percentages in just the last year. Nearly 100% more from a couple of years ago.

I like the look too but HPR is a tri-metalflake paint. Getting a match using just a code will be difficult.

even a custom matched paint will be difficult and will probably need to be blended onto the fenders and hood to look factory.

It can be difficult, but the VIN helps narrow down variances in pigments per model and year. For the purposes of a grille I can get it close enough without having to blend into the hood and fenders and clearing the entire front clip which= a lot more $ than a painted grille is worth.

If you look at all three of the grilles posted you can see all three are painted a bit different. The Cactus one is definitely the most expensive and mimics the EB grille shape and then has another color stripe separating them. His is actually for sale and supposedly the paint work was done at a shop that specializes in Ferraris, so $$$$$. Here's the link to his Bronco which is for sale:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/for-sale-custom-heritage-edition-wildtrak-2-door.59783/

The white and silver I posted you can see the silver over the edges and then with the red one the edges are body color and wraps around which I like better but like how the Cactus has that separation line between colors.

As for cost, no clue, think you'd be better getting as much sprayed out to help minimize costs, ie mirrors, flairs, handles, etc. All shops charge differently depending on area and quality, supplies used so call around your area and see.
This is true to a large extent. more stuff to paint= more $, but less per piece than if you had it all quoted separately.
And agreed on that Cactus one. I really like what they did there with continuing the line around the bottom and implementing the division pinstripe. A lot more work than what I did, but the end result is wonderful. Now if that center portion was custom done to look like brushed aluminum or something it would be just that little bit more awesome. But it was well executed and a really nice result.

another pic or two for reference:
Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door 6D62E41D-8E08-4752-B6C6-03EF1FAEB026

Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door FB8CD8D9-B686-41C8-9011-6D088A8A6ED4

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

True the tri-metallic is difficult to match. A few years back I had a tech that did not tighten up the clamp on a new exhaust system installed on a Mustang with that Kemit the frog green that was a tri-metallic. The tailpipe made a small scratch in the cutout in the bumper cover. When the body shop called he said no problem just have to paint the whole cover not just touch up the damaged spot. The reason, "Too hard to blend the tri color into the existing paint it will match and look like I never touched it if I spray the whole cover".

Hence why I said a quality body shop, a good paint guy is priceless. 😁

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, there's a couple different silver metallic that don't have the same problems as the mylar based chrome. There's also wrap chrome that may be more suitable than cut graphics vinyl chrome. We can cut them from either, but rarely use the wrap vinyl for a few other reasons.

I'm sure I can change the point, but that will also lose some of the heritage of what the stripe is. I'll have to try one to see.
I'd be interested in seeing this for sure - don't have a Bronco yet but this fits in my plan for sure!

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
True the tri-metallic is difficult to match. A few years back I had a tech that did not tighten up the clamp on a new exhaust system installed on a Mustang with that Kemit the frog green that was a tri-metallic. The tailpipe made a small scratch in the cutout in the bumper cover. When the body shop called he said no problem just have to paint the whole cover not just touch up the damaged spot. The reason, "Too hard to blend the tri color into the existing paint it will match and look like I never touched it if I spray the whole cover".

Hence why I said a quality body shop, a good paint guy is priceless. 😁

It can be difficult, but the VIN helps narrow down variances in pigments per model and year. For the purposes of a grille I can get it close enough without having to blend into the hood and fenders and clearing the entire front clip which= a lot more $ than a painted grille is worth.
I believe you guys, I just have not had the same luck.

I wanted to put a 2012 rear fascia on my 2014 Ruby Red Metallic Mustang (to get the CF Diffuser) and took it to an expensive, high end restoration shop. He’s had several cars land in nationail publications and a great local reputation.

The OEM front and rear fascia were damn good matches. Almost perfect.

He obviously had my VIN but after several try’s, I finally accepted mis-matched metalflake flop. Better than my wife's Camaro, but not as good as the OEM match (which was very good, not perfect). He said the blend was the only way to get better.

4D10D4F1-5933-4295-84AC-9442246DE240.jpeg

3CA0FE3F-7D76-45B3-87CF-A357667977B5.jpeg

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice ride! Just stopped in to comment on the sport fishing permit. I have almost the exact one for Corson's Inlet and there's no good place for it! Mines in that identical spot on my plastic bumper. Looking forward to "fishing" in the next month :LOL:

OP
OP
Sorle

Sorle

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice ride! Just stopped in to comment on the sport fishing permit. I have almost the exact one for Corson's Inlet and there's no good place for it! Mines in that identical spot on my plastic bumper. Looking forward to "fishing" in the next month :LOL:
I used a motorcycle license plate holder.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sorle

Sorle

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My exact thoughts too. The top of the B is 1" from belt line and the 1" from the fender seam.
I have a hockey stick stripe I was adding but being its white and not WW that has gone by wayside. So I can move if need be.

Broncitis

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66,67, (3)76, (2)77 Broncos, 00 7.3 CC F350
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a hockey stick stripe I was adding but being its white and not WW that has gone by wayside. So I can move if need be.
Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door FB_IMG_1587050106265
Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door IMG_20200519_114000_960
Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door FB_IMG_1585657661973
Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door received_10213004644605029
Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door FB_IMG_1503282056647
Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door FB_IMG_1509471591978
Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door FB_IMG_1477961584287
Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door FB_IMG_1487966079164
Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door IMG_20181028_124255339
I've been making reproduction Special Decor (hockey stick) stripes for Early Broncos for over 20 years in Wimbledon white (and other colors), and now also make them for 6Gs as well. Here's some pics of a few of my Ranger, Special Decor and Explorer stripes in the same Wimbledon White vinyl. I haven't made any in Wimbledon white yet for 6G, they've all been charcoal metallic, matte black, silver, etc. so far.

OP
OP
Sorle

Sorle

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I make a stripe for the Early Bronco that is based on the belt line chrome that was an option. Here's a pic of when I did a test stripe on one of our Early Broncos several years ago, as well as what inspired it and a few renderings I'm working on for 6G customers.

I also make dozens of styles of tailgate letters for the Early Broncos, so I'm now also doing those in a scaled down version that fits the 6G better instead of being half blocked by the spare. Here's a set of our Bronco.

Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door IMG_20181028_124255339

Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door 1CC07326-E9A3-42B2-813A-EC4D0F6A4E2C

Can you do this with script Bronco and the bucking bronco in wimbledon White? Im in, so is wife

Broncitis

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66,67, (3)76, (2)77 Broncos, 00 7.3 CC F350
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, I make the 66 rocker stripes for the Early Broncos and am doing a set now for a customers 6G. Yes, I can cut in the script and horse. PM me for details.

FB_IMG_1587050113071.jpg

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been making reproduction Special Decor (hockey stick) stripes for Early Broncos for over 20 years in Wimbledon white (and other colors), and now also make them for 6Gs as well. Here's some pics of a few of my Ranger, Special Decor and Explorer stripes in the same Wimbledon White vinyl. I haven't made any in Wimbledon white yet for 6G, they've all been charcoal metallic, matte black, silver, etc. so far.
Your telling me I could have had Wimbledon white stripes in the Explorer kit on my Bronco? I called three different companies making stripes for the 6g and they all said there is no vinyl that matches Wimbleton White. What company makes the vinyl, if you dont mind me asking.

I ended up with matte white instead.
Ford Bronco Wimbledon White Painted Hardtop on Hot Pepper Red Bronco 4-Door E8AA603B-788E-4CFC-B37C-64A15652D30F
Sponsored