First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Raptor; 2023 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Seeing a lot of wind deflectors out there but all say “excluding raptor”. Just cracked my windshield and read these things can help mitigate that risk in the future but anyone know of a good one that works with the Bronco Raptor?
Sponsored

Epiphany

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've looked too and haven't found anything. It's like c'mon, we're a few years into this, the volume is there. And while the numbers aren't as high, you can bet the Braptor tax will be substantial. So just go ahead and scan, make the molds, and charge your crazy price already, jeesh.

I just see some owners have learned to live with the poor fitment of a non-Raptor deflector on a Raptor such as this...

Ford Bronco Wind deflector for Bronco Raptor aeroskin3

Ford Bronco Wind deflector for Bronco Raptor aeroskin2

Ford Bronco Wind deflector for Bronco Raptor aeroskin1

OP
OP
timrobporter

timrobporter

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah I actually saw a raptor in my neighborhood with what looked like the ford wind deflector and was surprised it didn’t fit the raptor. Bet he just made it work I guess.

CBass

Raptor
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I bought the one from Ford and slowly heated up the contours that are different on the ends, used my hands to form them to the Raptors hood and it turned out better than I thought it would. You can hardly tell it wasn’t meant to fit the Raptor. I will post some pics later.

CBass

Raptor
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Some pics of how it turned out. Not perfect but if you didn’t know any better you would think it was made for it.

Ford Bronco Wind deflector for Bronco Raptor IMG_1537
Ford Bronco Wind deflector for Bronco Raptor IMG_1538
Ford Bronco Wind deflector for Bronco Raptor IMG_1539

Sponsored
OP
OP
timrobporter

timrobporter

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah looks good. Have you noticed any reduction in debris hitting the windshield since you installed this?

CBass

Raptor
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah looks good. Have you noticed any reduction in debris hitting the windshield since you installed this?
I just got the Raptor about 2 weeks ago and just put that on only a few days ago. But, this is my 3rd Bronco, I had Sasquatch Outer Banks and a Wildtrak and I learned my lesson on the Outer Banks after 2 broken windows. Got one of these and it never happened again. First thing I did to the Wildtrak and never got hit. Only thing I did notice is it seems to change the aerodynamics to a point I felt it drove different at highway speeds and it might have been just me overthinking but I swear I was getting worse gas mileage. Regardless, it helps and replacing windows is expensive and a pain in the a$$. Hope that helps!

Derrick

Raptor
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2010 Audi R8 V10
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just got the Raptor about 2 weeks ago and just put that on only a few days ago. But, this is my 3rd Bronco, I had Sasquatch Outer Banks and a Wildtrak and I learned my lesson on the Outer Banks after 2 broken windows. Got one of these and it never happened again. First thing I did to the Wildtrak and never got hit. Only thing I did notice is it seems to change the aerodynamics to a point I felt it drove different at highway speeds and it might have been just me overthinking but I swear I was getting worse gas mileage. Regardless, it helps and replacing windows is expensive and a pain in the a$$. Hope that helps!
Great info! So my story was right out of the box was to install a deflector as mentioned , but all say it's not for the Raptor
ok lets go to option 2 for the short term and ceramic coat the glass until a better deflector was available although it was not the solution I was confident to keep the glass from cracks.
Then to option 3 was install the Exoshield kit for the best protection. So I cleaned the glass with a cleaner that said it would remove all coatings from the glass and then proceeded to install the film. It installed quite easy and looked great looking through the glass inside the garage. I then pulled it outside to allow the sun to aid in drying, at that point it was horrendous and the view was cloudy and some air pockets. I then proceeded to remove and blamed the prep for the failure.
Exoshield then asked for a review rating a few months later and I explained what had happened and blamed my prep for the issue and explained to them I believe it was from the ceramic coating not being properly removed. They agreed with me that it was probably the issue and sent me a new kit for free and at this time have not installed it as I am looking for the correct cleaning procedure to remove the ceramic coating before attempting again.

CBass

Raptor
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Great info! So my story was right out of the box was to install a deflector as mentioned , but all say it's not for the Raptor
ok lets go to option 2 for the short term and ceramic coat the glass until a better deflector was available although it was not the solution I was confident to keep the glass from cracks.
Then to option 3 was install the Exoshield kit for the best protection. So I cleaned the glass with a cleaner that said it would remove all coatings from the glass and then proceeded to install the film. It installed quite easy and looked great looking through the glass inside the garage. I then pulled it outside to allow the sun to aid in drying, at that point it was horrendous and the view was cloudy and some air pockets. I then proceeded to remove and blamed the prep for the failure.
Exoshield then asked for a review rating a few months later and I explained what had happened and blamed my prep for the issue and explained to them I believe it was from the ceramic coating not being properly removed. They agreed with me that it was probably the issue and sent me a new kit for free and at this time have not installed it as I am looking for the correct cleaning procedure to remove the ceramic coating before attempting again.
Life would be easier if someone would just make a deflector for the Raptor. If you try the one made by Ford, the plastic molded pretty easily with the heat gun. I turned the heat on low setting and moved it back and forth at a medium pace on each end (one end at a time) as to not overnheat it or melt it. I just slowly used my hands, with gloves on of course because it was hot, to start eye balling the contour of the Raptor hood. I also gently set the deflector on the hood when it was still hot and again, gently, pressed down so I could see where the new contour was lining up. It didn’t take long at all, maybe 15 minutes. If you go this route hit me up I am happy to help or give you more tips. It really does help with rock chips and bugs.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t get your hopes up. I’ve got a Gen 3 F-150 Raptor. They still don’t make one for that.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've looked too and haven't found anything. It's like c'mon, we're a few years into this, the volume is there. And while the numbers aren't as high, you can bet the Braptor tax will be substantial. So just go ahead and scan, make the molds, and charge your crazy price already, jeesh.

I just see some owners have learned to live with the poor fitment of a non-Raptor deflector on a Raptor such as this...

Ha! what a great looking truck lol.... yea, no one has noticed that it's a little off and I don't even see it anymore. I think it's helped deflect rocks too....37k no chips or dingers.
Sponsored