First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally pick up my bronco and on the way home I noticed a lot of wind noise and thought the window wasn’t fully pulled up. Checked and it was all the way up. So, just thought it was the side mirrors making the noise.

Few days later, I noticed the same side (driver) auto-window function didn’t work. Then noticed the window did not pull down and up slightly when the door opens and closes. Then noticed a gap between the window and the seals.
Anyone else has this problem?

UPDATE FIXED:
Solution is to reset the window limits.
1. Push and hold down the window switch. Once at the bottom keep holding for an additional 5 secs.
2. Pull and hold up the window switch. Once at the top keep holding for an additional 5 Secs.
3. repeat 2 more times.
4. Open the door.

Ford Bronco Window gap issue 2F64A6F0-3355-4E56-8559-3F73F79D9BAE
Ford Bronco Window gap issue 08B5461B-64B9-4635-9629-24807B967B7C
Ford Bronco Window gap issue C34F16BA-D6C2-4592-A0F9-97A6EC11D22F
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
21BRONCO

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reset your window limits.

Lower window, hold window switch five seconds. Raise window, hold window switch five seconds. Repeat two times. Roll window back up. Exit vehicle normally.
Thank you. I’ll give that a try after work.

PavementPrincess

Badlands
First Name
Asha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reset your window limits.

Lower window, hold window switch five seconds. Raise window, hold window switch five seconds. Repeat two times. Roll window back up. Exit vehicle normally.
I started having the same problem a few days ago. This solution worked. Thanks!

OP
OP
21BRONCO

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just went out and did the reset. Worked like a charm. (y)
So glad this worked. Was dreading to take it back to the dealer when I just got it.
Thanks yall!

Sponsored

RockChalk7KC

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for posting this. Had this issue just happen, and even though I work at a dealership, I wasn't looking forward to being told they'd try and look at it in 3 weeks. This fix did the trick!

whiterice

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EDIT: I work in IT and my mantra is "Reboot and try again" - so before trying to reset the windows as outlined in this post, I opened the faulty door, unplugged the harness, waited 10 sec and plugged it back in, then the reset method worked!

Question for all of you who this actually worked for:

This is happening to me but the proposed fix hasn't worked. When I roll my window back up, it rolls back down immediately, despite me holding the switch in the "up" position. Did this happen to you too?

Right now, the only way I can get my window to stay up is to open the door and move it up in small increments (not using the auto-roll up). Then I have to hold the top of the glass as I close the door to get it to seal.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
EDIT: I work in IT and my mantra is "Reboot and try again" - so before trying to reset the windows as outlined in this post, I opened the faulty door, unplugged the harness, waited 10 sec and plugged it back in, then the reset method worked!

Question for all of you who this actually worked for:

This is happening to me but the proposed fix hasn't worked. When I roll my window back up, it rolls back down immediately, despite me holding the switch in the "up" position. Did this happen to you too?

Right now, the only way I can get my window to stay up is to open the door and move it up in small increments (not using the auto-roll up). Then I have to hold the top of the glass as I close the door to get it to seal.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

whiterice

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
I have already talked with you guys and had a case opened for this.
Sponsored