First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
The other day I was driving on the highway. It was super windy that day and I was also going about 75-80. While i was driving my window popped out it's groove at the top at the roll bar. It was open on a slight degree to the left (this was my drive side window). There was a bunch of wind coming in and I rolled down the window to help prevent unnecessary stress on the window. I pulled over and rolled up it was okay after. It only popped a little bit twice after. Any one else have this issue?

I drive a 2 door btw.
Sponsored

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The other day I was driving on the highway. It was super windy that day and I was also going about 75-80. While i was driving my window popped out it's groove at the top at the roll bar. It was open on a slight degree to the left (this was my drive side window). There was a bunch of wind coming in and I rolled down the window to help prevent unnecessary stress on the window. I pulled over and rolled up it was okay after. It only popped a little bit twice after. Any one else have this issue?

I drive a 2 door btw.
I recall another thread with this exact situation, going 80 down the highway.

Martinez_0n

Big Bend
First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Camaro, 03 2500hd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yup, this just happened to me today while driving at around 80mph. Windy up here in North Texas around 23-30mph winds. All of a sudden my driver-side window popped out of place and was super loud. Had to pull over and lower and raise the window a few times before it sealed again. Not sure why this only happened to the driver's side and both. Maybe the direction of the wind. Sucks especially when you are on the phone. Good Luck if trying to use Bluetooth. I also drive a 2dr hardtop

r3mwilso

Black Diamond
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I drive a 2 door btw.

r3mwilso

Black Diamond
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi there! I just bought a two door and had the exact same issue while driving on the highway on a windy day. The driver side window popped out repeatedly. I’m taking it into the dealer tomorrow. Were they able to fix yours?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I drive a 2 door btw.
Hi there! Can you send us a DM with more information? I’ll see how I can assist on my end. Thanks!

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there! Can you send us a DM with more information? I’ll see how I can assist on my end. Thanks!

Driver side window as well. This weekend coming out of Joshua Tree, CA. We pulled over lowered window down, open and closed the door and it finally stayed sealed.

Will monitor next couple of days but not a pleasant experience.

Fender Bender

Raptor
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati, Jaguar, Dodge, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Exact thing happened to me yesterday on a very windy day going about 75. Took about 5 times of rolling the driver's side window down and up before it finally seated properly. My wife was on the phone and it was so loud she could barely hear the other person.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FORD SSM

SSM 50477 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Short Drop Window Feature - Contact With Weather Strip When Opening
Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a side door window that gets hung upon the upper door weatherstrip when opening the door causing resistance to opening. This may be due to an incorrect alignment of the side door and/or window. To correct this condition, ensure no damage exists to the door, latch or related components and make necessary repairs before continuing. If concern persists, perform the Up/Down, Fore/Aft Adjustment (steps 1-15), refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-11, Front/Rear Door Window Glass Adjustment Procedure. If the concern has not been resolved, perform Pinpoint Test K located in Section 501-11 of the WSM.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2021 - 2022 TRUCK: G1 U725N BRONCO

I've attached the adjustment procedure if you don't want to take it to the dealer

NOTE it's just steps 1-15

Attachments

Sponsored

breeox

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same issue with my 2 door hardtop. Was driving over the grapevine in Southern California in rain and wind and I was pretty sure the window was going to break off. I was so concerned I rolled the window down halfway and drove in the rain with open window for an hour as it kept popping outwards due to high winds and the stress on the window seemed too much for it to handle. Has Ford made mention of any risks or fixes on the horizon?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same issue with my 2 door hardtop. Was driving over the grapevine in Southern California in rain and wind and I was pretty sure the window was going to break off. I was so concerned I rolled the window down halfway and drove in the rain with open window for an hour as it kept popping outwards due to high winds and the stress on the window seemed too much for it to handle. Has Ford made mention of any risks or fixes on the horizon?
Hi there. This window concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

breeox

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi there. This window concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Will do, and THANK YOU @Ford!!!

Gargantua

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M1083A1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had this happen as well on two separate trips. Exactly as described by others. Once in the winter and again heading west on the highway. On the last trip it happened 3 times but not on the way back. Driving into a headwind at a high speed seems to be the issue.

I also wonder if the fresh air / recirc switch matters if there is a positive pressure forming in the cab assisting the window to pop out?

Did anyone get any work done in this to address it? I did the window reset after the first occurrence.
This is what it looks like

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ccZ4mUsqEsfGzi87f1_MxYEA

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had this happen as well on two separate trips. Exactly as described by others. Once in the winter and again heading west on the highway. On the last trip it happened 3 times but not on the way back. Driving into a headwind at a high speed seems to be the issue.

I also wonder if the fresh air / recirc switch matters if there is a positive pressure forming in the cab assisting the window to pop out?

Did anyone get any work done in this to address it? I did the window reset after the first occurrence.
This is what it looks like

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ccZ4mUsqEsfGzi87f1_MxYEA
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored