Sponsored

Window Limit Reset Not Working - Now What?

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've read about this common issue and how to fix it, even watched 4 different YouTube videos with the same solution:
Hold the window down switch for 10 seconds, then hold the window up switch for 10 seconds to reset the window limits.

Details of my issue:
My 2 door '22 Bronco sat for over 2 months and the battery went flat, needing a jump start to get it going.
After doing this, the driver's door window will not drop when the door is opened and raise when closed. Passenger door is fine.
I had a Mini Cooper that this happened too all the time and had the same fix.

With the Bronco, the repair is not working. I have tried several times in a row.
I saw a comment to disconnect the negative battery terminal for an hour and that was no help.
I have read where a window motor may be needed, but I really think it is electrical in nature and this reset should work.

If there is any advice out there, I would love to hear it.

I am with the vehicle for the weekend, then have to travel back home and won't be able to get it to the dealership in time before I leave, so hoping for a do it yourself solution.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've read about this common issue and how to fix it, even watched 4 different YouTube videos with the same solution:
Hold the window down switch for 10 seconds, then hold the window up switch for 10 seconds to reset the window limits.

Details of my issue:
My 2 door '22 Bronco sat for over 2 months and the battery went flat, needing a jump start to get it going.
After doing this, the driver's door window will not drop when the door is opened and raise when closed. Passenger door is fine.

With the Bronco, the repair is not working. I have tried several times in a row.
I saw a comment to disconnect the negative battery terminal for an hour and that was no help.
I have read where a window motor may be needed, but I really think it is electrical in nature and this reset should work.

I am with the vehicle for the weekend, then have to travel back home and won't be able to get it to the dealership in time before I leave, so hoping for a do it yourself solution.
Hi Dennis! I can look into your bronco's window concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your bronco's VIN?

Sinnin7

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Details of my issue:

There is also an update you can have the dealer do which will lower them when you hit the unlock button on your key fob as well. They added for 2024 but i have seen others get the update that have previous years.

You can also try this -
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
  1. Close the window.
  2. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for two seconds.
  3. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for two seconds.
  4. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a two seconds.
  5. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a two seconds.
Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.

OP
OP
PRA4SNW

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi Dennis! I can look into your bronco's window concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your bronco's VIN?
Message sent.
Thanks.

OP
OP
PRA4SNW

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is also an update you can have the dealer do which will lower them when you hit the unlock button on your key fob as well. They added for 2024 but i have seen others get the update that have previous years.

You can also try this -
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
  1. Close the window.
  2. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for two seconds.
  3. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for two seconds.
  4. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a two seconds.
  5. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a two seconds.
Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.
This is pretty much what I have been doing, and tried it several times in a row. I was holding it up/down for longer, though, so I will give it another try with 2 seconds.

I like the idea of an update with the key fob because right now, the only way I have for keeping the driver's door glass sealed is to exit from the passenger side. There seems to be no way to exit the drivers side and force the glass to seal. And since I have to leave the vehicle in NH for another month or so, I do not want the interior exposed to the elements.

Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My driver’s side window needs to be reset every week. I have had numerous BMWs and Porsches with frameless windows that work the same way and never once did any of them need to be reset nor was it an issue that came up on those forums.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My driver’s side window needs to be reset every week. I have had numerous BMWs and Porsches with frameless windows that work the same way and never once did any of them need to be reset nor was it an issue that came up on those forums.
Even my mustang with frameless windows wasn't this bad. I really don't understand why they couldn't get it down this time.

Mr Bacon Jr

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bison ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Getting the whole procedure done within 30 seconds is key. I missed that part and spent an hour or more f-ing with it until I figured it out.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is pretty much what I have been doing, and tried it several times in a row. I was holding it up/down for longer, though, so I will give it another try with 2 seconds.
Also, try this with the door open, then closing the door, and various combinations thereof. My passenger rear door sometimes gets out of battery (stuck down 1" even after reset) and doing some combination with opening and closing the door is the only fix

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your window motors need replaced. Just had mine replaced on my driver front and rear and the problem is no more. You should only have to do the reset process once and if the issue comes back then your dealership needs to replace the motors.

Sponsored

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base

Details of my issue:

Does it go up and down? I don't understand the issue.

OP
OP
PRA4SNW

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Getting the whole procedure done within 30 seconds is key. I missed that part and spent an hour or more f-ing with it until I figured it out.
This is exactly what worked for me. I followed the above procedure - doing it 2 times up and 2 times down and holding it for only 2 seconds instead of 4+ - and getting it done in less than 30 seconds, and it fixed the issue.
I did it while my wife was driving the vehicle, just to try something different.
Thanks to all who responded. If this keeps happening, I will take it to the dealership for a more in depth examination of the issue.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was able to get a successful reset using the rear windows switch but not the front. Afterwards, both switches worked fine for intermittent and full click.
Sponsored