First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK, 2022 BD. Bought used with just 10k on it. Have put only 700 miles on it over a couple of months. Window is not going up when door is closed. Yes, door is fully closed. Does not do that last 1/4 inch it is supposed to. Dash does not say door is open. Obvious from rattle and wind noise and looking outside vehicle. Yes, will be covered under warranty. Concerned about long term as I buy and hold for life of vehicle. Have not read much about this issue here. Hopefully some bad luck.....?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OK, 2022 BD. Bought used with just 10k on it. Have put only 700 miles on it over a couple of months. Window is not going up when door is closed. Yes, door is fully closed. Does not do that last 1/4 inch it is supposed to. Dash does not say door is open. Obvious from rattle and wind noise and looking outside vehicle. Yes, will be covered under warranty. Concerned about long term as I buy and hold for life of vehicle. Have not read much about this issue here. Hopefully some bad luck.....?
Good morning, Kyle. Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer, and I’ll look into this concern regarding your window. Thanks!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have to reset the window limits.
  1. Turn the Bronco into accessory mode and roll the window down.
  2. Lift AND HOLD the window up switch as the window rolls up. Once completely closed, continue to hold the switch for 2-5 seconds.
  3. Push AND HOLD the window down switch as the window rolls down. Once completely down, continue to hold the switch for 2-5 seconds.
  4. Repeat step 2. While you are holding the switch up, the window may automatically shift up and down a bit while it finds the new limits.
Power cycle the Bronco and test.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha - I've gotten pretty good at doing this just while driving.
Once in a while I'll notice that auto up or down doesn't work, and if you reset it, it works again.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good morning, Kyle. Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer, and I’ll look into this concern regarding your window. Thanks!
Why? You stop responding when it is a real problem...

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im gonna get allot of flack for saying this. We spend $60k on a vehicle only to be riddled with funky windows. Random sounds. Cracking roof panels. Water leaks. Doors that close like they are made of cardboard. Different colored panels. Constant alarms going off (your hood has been opened). Etc.

This window issue is a common problem on the bronco unfortunately. It happened to me. I was able to correct it with the up/down hold for 10 seconds trick. It worked but im certain it will happen again. Good luck. The form is filled with issue posts. By any means the bronco is not for the “buy and forget” about it kinda vehicle. Its a “buy it and constantly monitor” for issues vehicle.

OP
OP
FordFamily4Fun

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im gonna get allot of flack for saying this. We spend $60k on a vehicle only to be riddled with funky windows. Random sounds. Cracking roof panels. Water leaks. Doors that close like they are made of cardboard. Different colored panels. Constant alarms going off (your hood has been opened). Etc.

This window issue is a common problem on the bronco unfortunately. It happened to me. I was able to correct it with the up/down hold for 10 seconds trick. It worked but im certain it will happen again. Good luck. The form is filled with issue posts. By any means the bronco is not for the “buy and forget” about it kinda vehicle. Its a “buy it and constantly monitor” for issues vehicle.
Yeah. Obviously a pretty big concern. What I have found for now is each time I get into the Bronco I need to roll down the window a bit and roll it back up to fix the issue. Needless to say, this is not ideal. I'll get it to the dealer, but I have read people posting this concern even before it was a problem. It's one of those things as a long-term car holder if I would have bought the Bronco in the first place if I knew/thought of this being a concern. Love the Bronco in general, but some things will do that in.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. Obviously a pretty big concern. What I have found for now is each time I get into the Bronco I need to roll down the window a bit and roll it back up to fix the issue. Needless to say, this is not ideal. I'll get it to the dealer, but I have read people posting this concern even before it was a problem. It's one of those things as a long-term car holder if I would have bought the Bronco in the first place if I knew/thought of this being a concern. Love the Bronco in general, but some things will do that in.
I love it too. Unfortunately its built like Chinese plastic.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Turn the Bronco into accessory mode and roll the window down.
  2. Lift AND HOLD the window up switch as the window rolls up. Once completely closed, continue to hold the switch for 2-5 seconds.
  3. Push AND HOLD the window down switch as the window rolls down. Once completely down, continue to hold the switch for 2-5 seconds.
  4. Repeat step 2. While you are holding the switch up, the window may automatically shift up and down a bit while it finds the new limits.
Power cycle the Bronco and test.
You'd think the Fordbot would know that.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hate to be too cynical with this but if you take it to the dealer, they are just going to do the relearning steps and say it’s fixed. I doubt they will decide that some component needs to be replaced. Have you tried the relearning steps @RagnarKon suggested yet? Let us know how that goes. I’ve had to do it maybe 3 times in the 3 years I’ve had it.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Y'all need to breathe. They are frameless windows it is pretty common that they need to be reset occasionally universally in cars that have them.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Y'all need to breathe. They are frameless windows it is pretty common that they need to be reset occasionally universally in cars that have them.
Three Mustangs, 2001, 2006, 2008. All had frameless windows. None ever needed to be reset.

None of them ever had force sensors so touchy that I couldn't close them on a dirt road either.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
you tube video ...worked on mine

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Three Mustangs, 2001, 2006, 2008. All had frameless windows. None ever needed to be reset.

None of them ever had force sensors so touchy that I couldn't close them on a dirt road either.
I had a '13 Mustang GT Premium that I bought brand new for just over $30K. It was leaps and bounds better than the Bronco I bought for over $60K a year ago. MyColor, V8, build quality, and I don't think I ever had to reset my frameless windows on it, maybe once or twice, but not every other month like I do the Bronco. And my rear windows don't like to index at all when it gets cold!

To The OP, I just had one of my rear windows stay indexed after shutting the door a week and a half ago. Drove all the way home from the ski slopes thinking I was hearing too much outside noise (driver's side). When I got home I opened and shut the door and it corrected itself. If that doesn't work, try the reset procedure mentioned. And fair warning - sometimes you have to do the reset several times in a row before it works ;)
Sponsored