Sponsored

Window Rattle on driver's side when fully down.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried searching for this but all the ones I found are referencing window rattle when the window is partially down.

My driver's window is rattlnig like made on rough roads when fully down. The passenger side doesn't do it. If I push slightly on the inside of the door with my leg it stops.
Would this be the same issue the TSB for partially down windows covers? I'm already taking the vehicle in on Wednesday for misaligned doors that are chipping paint and rubbing a hole in the weather stripping around the window. I'll ask them about the rattle too, but knowing them they'll say it's a separate issue and they'll have to look at it at a different time since this one they're taking it straight to a body shop for the doors. Or they'll want to keep it, my daily driver, for more than the 5 days they've already estimated. I won't be surprised if it takes longer than those 5 days.
Ultimately just wondering if anyone else has had a rattle with the window fully down and if they did the TSB instructions to fix it?

Warning! Rant ahead.
The service writer said they only have like 4 loaners (total, not just broncos) for the whole dealership and those have been out on extended loan for some time. So even though I just bought this $50k+ vehicle a month ago and it's my daily driver I'm out of luck. They'll give me a shuttle ride home after dropping it off. But the 3-5 business days after that I'm on my own. My warranty has rental coverage, but it's laughable with today's prices. It'll cover maybe 1/3 the cost and that's if I can actually find an available rental.
I actually have a case open with Ford on the doors and a customer service guy has been calling me occasionally to check I'm still taking it in. I wonder if he can do anything about a loaner... even an ecosport would be fine.
This timeline stinks.
Ok, rant over.
Sponsored

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually have this issue too. I'm going to do the door rattle TSB and see if it fixes it but I won't be able to test it out for a bit as it only happens on really rough roads/bad potholes.

Were you able to fix it?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I actually have this issue too. I'm going to do the door rattle TSB and see if it fixes it but I won't be able to test it out for a bit as it only happens on really rough roads/bad potholes.

Were you able to fix it?
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored