First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Having the same window issue with my passenger front. Goes to the top and then immediately comes down, almost to fully open, about 3 inches from bottom. I’ve tried the hold the switch down and back up reset trick many, many times but no luck. As soon as it hits the top it goes back down. Even when holding the button in the up position. Thoughts?
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored

cpsocal

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Having the same window issue with my passenger front. Goes to the top and then immediately comes down, almost to fully open, about 3 inches from bottom. I’ve tried the hold the switch down and back up reset trick many, many times but no luck. As soon as it hits the top it goes back down. Even when holding the button in the up position. Thoughts?
Did you ever figure out what was wrong or how to fix this? These same exact symptoms started for me today on passenger rear window. Regular reset procedure is not fixing this.

HuntersBronco

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you ever figure out what was wrong or how to fix this? These same exact symptoms started for me today on passenger rear window. Regular reset procedure is not fixing this.
Not yet. I’ve been manually inching the window up to close it. I plan on having Ford address when I take in.

cpsocal

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not yet. I’ve been manually inching the window up to close it. I plan on having Ford address when I take in.
Bummer. Yeah, I tried the reset so many times today now the auto up/down doesn’t even work. Definitely a different problem than the window not dropping when opening the door. Window dropping 90% of the way down in roll up is not good. I’ve been doing the same as you and just inching it up to the top and stopping before it drops again.

Sponsored

HuntersBronco

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bummer. Yeah, I tried the reset so many times today now the auto up/down doesn’t even work. Definitely a different problem than the window not dropping when opening the door. Window dropping 90% of the way down in roll up is not good. I’ve been doing the same as you and just inching it up to the top and stopping before it drops again.
May be completely unrelated but before it started doing the drop that window was really squeaky, like it was rubbing. Did you notice the same thing?

cpsocal

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
May be completely unrelated but before it started doing the drop that window was really squeaky, like it was rubbing. Did you notice the same thing?
Yep. It's been a little slow and loud/squeaky for a bit. Not like the motor squeaking but like maybe dirt or dust got in between the seals/stripping and glass.

WakeSS

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AGM Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this by design or a re-introduced bug?
This is an old thread that seemed to get a flurry of recent activity.
Has happened to me on two different windows in the last month.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's 2 separate issues that the windows have. The 1st is it doesn't drop enough when opening the door. This causes the vibration issue. The window up/down for 3 seconds a few times fixes this issue. I've had the issue on our '21 Badlands.

The 2nd issue is the window won't stay up. If you notice when you roll the window all the way down, it barely clears the felt. So when you roll it up, it's starting higher than it should. When it reaches the top (even with the door open) it reaches where it should stop but the motor keeps trying to roll it up, causing it to roll back down as if the sensor things it's hitting something. So the up/down 3 sec hold fix doesn't work. Eventually it just goes away after multiple tries. I've had this issue on our '23 WildTrak.

HuntersBronco

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Razorback is right. My window dropping issue just went away. It appears to have corrected itself. Very odd.

Sponsored

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I searched the forum a bit and can't find the resolution. My driver side rear window wont stay up when I hit the button. I goes all the way up and immediately back down. Has anyone else had this issue?
Always have this issue, The windows in my bronco (all of them) have had nothing but issues. Either wont stay up (I've reset many times already) Rattle like crazy (even after taken to dealer for adjustments) Catch on top when opening the door and after brought to dealer for adjustments now whistle on the highway like crazy. Really Really frustrating

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had my Bronco going on 2 years, never had an issue with the windows at all. Until the last week or so, the drivers side will not go down when the door is opened and sometimes stops before reaching the top. I have reset it numerous times, sometimes 5 or 6 times a day. I need to take it in for service but not really in the mood to be down a car for a certain amount of time due to the issue. I had my Raptor at the dealership for two weeks recently to have the tranny worked on. Who knows how long they will keep the Bronco for a window issue.

ronnyek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang PP2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My passenger side front window has been doing this, and I honestly try not to roll it down because it seems like its more likely to need a recalibration than not. Just now I went out there, and realized the passenger side window was down and it took several attempts to reset. Probably the 10th time in the last 3mo or so.

Does anyone know if ford has made any statements on it? I can make a dealer appt, but if there is no hardware to replace, or software to update... I'd prefer not to waste time with it. That being said, the problem should be really quite easy to reproduce

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve had these problems and here is how to reset the window module. Push the start button to put the vehicle in acc. Hold down on the window for 10 seconds, up, and then down again (all for 10 seconds) it should reset the windows. If you still have the problem then the window motor needs replaced. My driver side front and rear wouldn’t drop to let the door open and close, and the just stopped rolling all the way up or down, including auto up to the top then all the way back down again. Motors were replaced, no more issues

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My rear passenger window has failed to move down when I open the door almost since I got it in May 22. I've tried the reset trick and it will last for a while, but then it always seems to fail. When that happens, it also won't auto-roll up. You have to hold the button to close it.

A few weeks ago a technician came out to perform the wiper motor module reprogram. He asked if anything else was wrong and I told him about the window. He investigated and said the window module was malfunctioning. He said he'd report it to Ford and hoped there would be a programming fix rather than tearing apart the door. He didn't know if or when a fix might come though.

So, report the issue. Get some more flags on it at Ford.
Sponsored