Alkesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We all know the windshield our Broncos are susceptible to cracks. Fortunately, there are solutions to protect this from occurring. Protective film is used as a "screen protector" for the glass. Nexgenbronco has teamed up with Targe and is now offering a DIY kit for the consumer. We sent our film to Blanco Bronco to demonstrate how easy this kit installs. Although this is not a permeant solution for the windshield recall, it does prevent downtime and gives you more trail time!

Questions-[email protected]

Product-https://nexgenbronco.com/21-22-diy-bronco-windshield-protection-kit/

Sponsored

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For $225!?!?!? Thatā€™s most peopleā€™s deductible. Not to mention every knowledgeable person Iā€™ve talked to has said the window films out there for this inevitably yellow or develop a haze needing replacement in less than a year.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right. Have you ever tried to put a film on your phone screen without bubbles? Just sayin'. Some things should be done by pros.

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m not afraid of a little DIY and I installed some Lamin-X on my bronco for ~$140. I also would rather not F with insurance or deal with the monkeys at the glass shop if I can help it. Have heard half a dozen rocks bounce off here in Alaska with no chips.

That being said, it was not easy to install and a pre shrunk/cut kit would have been awesome for the extra money.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For $225!?!?!? Thatā€™s most peopleā€™s deductible. Not to mention every knowledgeable person Iā€™ve talked to has said the window films out there for this inevitably yellow or develop a haze needing replacement in less than a year.
So. Do you know just how long folks are waiting for replacement windshields?

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The title on the Video, "Bronco Recall Solution"....that needs to be changed. This covering has nothing to do with the windshield recall. The recall is regarding the adhesive that holds the windshield in place, where in some Broncos, the windshield can pop out in a crash.

As far as your product, hope it works. I had EXOSHIELD installed by a professional. He removed the plastic base that goes along the entire bottom of the windshield (had to remove wiper arms as well). This way the entire glass is covered and that plastic base when re-installed goes on top of the EXOSHIELD. No chance of air grabbing the lower edge and pulling it off. I watched him do it and it took a good 2 hours. Personally, I would never tackle this myself. Even with a Pro doing it I have one small bubble.

Whatever people select, I recommend you put something on the windshield to protect it.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not to mention every knowledgeable person Iā€™ve talked to has said the window films out there for this inevitably yellow or develop a haze needing replacement in less than a year.
Right. Have you ever tried to put a film on your phone screen without bubbles?
Same points with paint protection film, theyā€™re all a gimmick, hereā€™s my whack:
Ford Bronco Windshield Protection Film Now Available D6313796-E53D-400E-9AA9-0A68AF1355C3

ā€¦itā€™s actually even bigger nowā€¦wanna see my rock chips? Sheā€™s built as an off-road truck so Iā€™ll eat shit and learn to love it, oh and the ā€œprofessionalā€ that installed my tint fucked it up twice, everyoneā€™s a hack these days šŸ˜ƒ

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same points with paint protection film, theyā€™re all a gimmick, hereā€™s my whack:
Ford Bronco Windshield Protection Film Now Available D6313796-E53D-400E-9AA9-0A68AF1355C3

ā€¦itā€™s actually even bigger nowā€¦wanna see my rock chips? Sheā€™s built as an off-road truck so Iā€™ll eat shit and learn to love it, oh and the ā€œprofessionalā€ that installed my tint fucked it up twice, everyoneā€™s a hack these days šŸ˜ƒ
Ouch! That's a big one! (that's what she said) I've got 4 dings that I can see... No cracks yet...

• Love
Reactions: 0ne

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So. Do you know just how long folks are waiting for replacement windshields?
I cracked mine and had it replaced three days later at the dealer with original glass. To boot, I have full glass coverage on insurance with 0$ deductible and for all three cars to be covered it is something ridiculously cheap like $60 a year. Bring on those rocks ;) .

That's not to say someone shouldn't buy this product if they want obviously.

Last edited:

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I cracked mine and had it replaced three days later at the dealer with original glass. To boot, I have full glass coverage on insurance with 0$ deductible and for all three cars to be covered it is something ridiculously cheap like $60 a year. Bring on those rocks ;) .

That's not to say someone shouldn't buy this product if they want obviously.
How big did you let the crack get before you replaced or was it in your line of sight or did you get pulled over? Your insurance and the dealership played nice with the claim and repair?

Sponsored

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We all know the windshield our Broncos are susceptible to cracks. Fortunately, there are solutions to protect this from occurring. Protective film is used as a "screen protector" for the glass. Nexgenbronco has teamed up with Targe and is now offering a DIY kit for the consumer. We sent our film to Blanco Bronco to demonstrate how easy this kit installs. Although this is not a permeant solution for the windshield recall, it does prevent downtime and gives you more trail time!

Every upright windshield is more prone to get cracks from debris kicked up by other vehicles. This was true on my FJ and Jeep and is true for the Bronco as well. Mine got a crack from top to bottom in the first month. With not being tilted much at all it takes more of a direct hit. Gorilla Glass is the only real alternative and is made for Jeeps but not the Bronco, yet. I have been researching these "screen protectors" for a while now and I am not sure the positives outweigh the negatives (yellowing and scratching over time). We all need to pressure Ford or Corning (who makes the glass) to make one for the Bronco. IMO this is the only real solution.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How big did you let the crack get before you replaced or was it in your line of sight or did you get pulled over? Your insurance and the dealership played nice with the claim and repair?
I was on my way home from a trip to Canada on a Monday, rock hit a little to the right of my line of site, crack was only about 4" long. I literally called my dealer when I got over the border that afternoon, he gave me the name and number of the glass person they use. I booked it for that Thursday at the dealership, called my insurance agent, told them what I was doing and Bob's your uncle. It was replaced that Thursday. Insurance paid without a question.

Reactions: 0ne

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

What an irresponsible claim! The video posted claims to SOLVE the reason for the windshield recall...no it doesn't, and you're trying to sell a product claiming it does. Please encourage people to work with their dealer to have the recall completed instead.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every upright windshield is more prone to get cracks from debris kicked up by other vehicles. This was true on my FJ and Jeep and is true for the Bronco as well. Mine got a crack from top to bottom in the first month. With not being tilted much at all it takes more of a direct hit. Gorilla Glass is the only real alternative and is made for Jeeps but not the Bronco, yet. I have been researching these "screen protectors" for a while now and I am not sure the positives outweigh the negatives (yellowing and scratching over time). We all need to pressure Ford or Corning (who makes the glass) to make one for the Bronco. IMO this is the only real solution.
I have the same one they're advertising and its working great for me. I had gorilla glass back when I had a wrangler, and it was just as prone to chips as the normal glass. Eventually I gave up and put a normal windshield in since it wasn't worth paying twice as much for a windshield.

dmhalka

Badlands
First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The title on the Video, "Bronco Recall Solution"....that needs to be changed. This covering has nothing to do with the windshield recall. The recall is regarding the adhesive that holds the windshield in place, where in some Broncos, the windshield can pop out in a crash.

As far as your product, hope it works. I had EXOSHIELD installed by a professional. He removed the plastic base that goes along the entire bottom of the windshield (had to remove wiper arms as well). This way the entire glass is covered and that plastic base when re-installed goes on top of the EXOSHIELD. No chance of air grabbing the lower edge and pulling it off. I watched him do it and it took a good 2 hours. Personally, I would never tackle this myself. Even with a Pro doing it I have one small bubble.

Whatever people select, I recommend you put something on the windshield to protect it.
Hi, curious what the EXOSHIELD cost? I got a couple of quotes between $450 and $600... Seems expensive...
Sponsored