Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Solo Camping During Winter Storm Daniel Boone Failed
From what it looked like in the video the tent seemed to be holding up pretty well. I'm sure once it started going south it wasn't as pleasant.

You might want to consider some stakes like this: https://a.co/d/gcc40e4 although when the wind starts disassembling the tent it's time to go!

Also when you're showing something like the tent setup consider a time lapse.

Looking forward to your next adventure!

OP
OP
Bareback Broncos

Bareback Broncos

Big Bend
First Name
Mllton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From what it looked like in the video the tent seemed to be holding up pretty well. I'm sure once it started going south it wasn't as pleasant.

You might want to consider some stakes like this: https://a.co/d/gcc40e4 although when the wind starts disassembling the tent it's time to go!

Also when you're showing something like the tent setup consider a time lapse.

Looking forward to your next adventure!
It did great and was warm, the issue was it pulled my stakes out of the ground and the tent moved like a bounce house towards the lake.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It did great and was warm, the issue was it pulled my stakes out of the ground and the tent moved like a bounce house towards the lake.
Perhaps the better deeper stakes will help the next time.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Winter camping and high elevation shoulder season camping is a whole nother animal... it does not matter how many times you go out, every single time you do it, you will learn something. Which is cool since next time you can do it better and learn something else!

First thing I spot in your videos is that you should never have camp so close to water. Water will automatically lowers temps, increase humidity in your tent which can be life threatening, and attracts desperate/unpredictable predators; give yourself at leat 100 yards from water in fall or cold weather. (Summer has different rules😎

Use brush, trees, micro terrain, or even the vehicle itself to provide wind break in that kind of area. Small growths of trees or even low clumps of bushes can make the difference between a good night sleep or wind wipped restless nights.

South-eastern exposre for the morning warmth is key to the start of a great day. Best type of camp will have clear southern exposure and your wind break covering your rear.

And I'm almost remiss to say it, but... if you are paying for a place to park and then setting up a tent within the sound of a bucksnort of your fellow "campers", then you are not actually going camping. That's just a rip off highway motel that made you bring your own room... do yourself a solid brother and take that awesome rig with all your great camping gear and go get out of the KOA/park reg trash.

Have fun! Hope this helps.
Sponsored