First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You need to specify size, budget, volume of food, number of people to cook for, type of cooking, etc.

When off-road I am usually alone and eat mostly dehydrated self-prepared meals. My needs end at hot water and I use an MSR Windpro that runs on standard hiking propane tanks. Fits inside my 32oz cooking pot.
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Using the Gas One for about 6 years with the green propane tanks. It will also work off butane.

IMG_20190113_073208.jpg
These are great. I have a couple (different brand same concept) Light weight & very economical. Just not as fancy as a jet boil but work very good 🤠 .

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a backpacker I second this thought. I haven't been off road running trails, but I could see me and my wife just grab my backpack and disappear with everything I need in that pack. Yeah, I won't be cooking brisket in the wood with a Traeger tailgaiter, but I'm escaping that life when I disappear too. LOL.

My cheap Amazon jet boil for MRE meals has been rock solid and takes up very little space. A nice french press coffee mug is pretty key for coffee too.

From one backpacker to another, happy trails my friend. We have a trip planned to backpack the Tetons in August for a week. Going to be an awesome trip.
I also recommend a backpacking setup. Jetboil or MSR both have great systems. I have an old MSR pocket rocket stove that’s 30yrs old. Works great. Lightweight. Get a small pot or two. I also generally use freeze dried meals these days. Easy and fast and no mess.

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coleman 2x burner FTW.
I second that, BlueWaffle: the Coleman two-burner works just fine, at least for small groups. I tend to camp alone.
But Lairgeral, the O.P, specified pellet stoves. For him--look into the Solo stoves. They're expensive, and the accessories even more so, but there is an insert to accommodate pellets, and there are grills, griddles, and other neat stuff. They come in various sizes, and you can use wood also. Perhaps one of the smaller ones will suit you?
Sponsored