First Name
Denial
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello! Need help finding the best camping pellet stove. Are the popular ones really good? Anyone got suggestions for a camping stove -- gas -- gel -- bar-b-q ?Thanks for any suggestions
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check out https://www.rei.com/
There are so many options. You need to decide if you want a BBQ, Blackstone, propane, etc etc
I have a small Weber Q, A butane camp stove, 17" Blackstone, Biolite firepit, and electric kettle that I power off a portable battery. ( I do not carry all at all times - Beach and off grid require different set ups)

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m rocking the JetBoil Genesis Basecamp and let me tell you, it’s very lightweight and has a small form factor compared to the other units with similar features plus being able to store everything it comes with in a tight package sold me real quick and I’m so glad I went this route

Plus the fine temperature adjustment it has is just like cooking at home - I absolutely love it

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great answers really quickly above. Can't go wrong with what's been mentioned.

If budget is a concern, the trusty old Coleman single burner can be had cheaply, about $50-60.

Even the 2-burner Coleman Camp stove is approaching $200, which is hard to justify with the Jetboil Genesis system just lightly above that, and the Jetboil stores up to virtually nothing. It's really genius.

We have a 17" Blackstone we also take for camping/O.L. and love it.
But it takes up quite a decent footprint in the carry bag, and you have to carry propane (we do a 2Gal tank exterior mounted).
But it's also good if you are cooking for a few people vs. 1 or 2.

Sponsored

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want maximum firepower check out what commercial rafter outfitters use. NRS and 4CRS are two good sources. If not, JetBoil is touch to beat.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Using the Gas One for about 6 years with the green propane tanks. It will also work off butane.

Ford Bronco Camping stove? IMG_20190113_073208
This is what I use to. One of the few I have found that actually allow for heat adjustment. The Colemans and other camp stoves tend to be full blast or off. I also enjoy the single burner as it does not limit the size of pan you can use as much as a dual burner.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I recommend setting up a hiking backpack. Much easier to grab and go wheeling. I got away from a pack as I started dispersion camping and my gear it to much for a bronco.

I have been eyeing jet boils, mostly for the instant coffee.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I recommend setting up a hiking backpack. Much easier to grab and go wheeling. I got away from a pack as I started dispersion camping and my gear it to much for a bronco.

I have been eyeing jet boils, mostly for the instant coffee.
As a backpacker I second this thought. I haven't been off road running trails, but I could see me and my wife just grab my backpack and disappear with everything I need in that pack. Yeah, I won't be cooking brisket in the wood with a Traeger tailgaiter, but I'm escaping that life when I disappear too. LOL.

My cheap Amazon jet boil for MRE meals has been rock solid and takes up very little space. A nice french press coffee mug is pretty key for coffee too.

From one backpacker to another, happy trails my friend. We have a trip planned to backpack the Tetons in August for a week. Going to be an awesome trip.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In Whitewater world we mostly use Partner Stoves. They are heavy duty aluminum and can take brutal beatings, sand and water intrusion. They are also infinitely rebuildable with readily available O Rings. The downside: expensive and relatively low btu.

Sponsored

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello! Need help finding the best camping pellet stove. Are the popular ones really good? Anyone got suggestions for a camping stove -- gas -- gel -- bar-b-q ?Thanks for any suggestions
For car camping, usually resort to an old coleman 2 burner propane with a couple spare washers for the propane stem attachment to the stove (bet you can guess why those are taped to the stem). Very reliable and have owned for well over a decade.

For lighter fare, I have a Whisperlite International single burner stove. Uses white gas in a bottle. In a pinch, can use gasoline, but just have to store away in a plastic bag due to after burn deposits. Also reliable, and using gasoline is a plus. Mainly used this for motorcycle camping.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if you're camping out of your Bronco and weight isn't an issue, a Coleman or a Blackstone are perfect. I have a Coleman 2 burner that I've had for a few years, and the charity organization I run with has a Blackstone that's a bit bigger. I recently had to pack both. I use a GOAT Fab basket and was able to get them up off of my other gear and soft goods, and packed good for the trip through Rim Rocker. Green 1lb bottles pack pretty easy too filling in little gaps.

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Normally I eat Mountain House. But Santa brought me a 17" Blackstone Griddle for Christmas. So I brought it on my last trip. Did a short video cooking a breakfast, then give my thoughts on the whole set up. There were some pros and cons. Hope this video helps!

Onestepmore

Badlands
First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep...Blackstone two burner propane grill...you'll thank me after you have cooked one dinner on it. They are Awesome in my opinion. We have a pop that we pull behind our Badlands two door and have used it extensively for breakfast and dinners...it make the best steaks!!! Good luck choosing but you can't go wrong with a Blackstone...