Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I bought one for my Ford Explorer for $55 on Amazon, I’m taking it out when I get my Bronco. It should fir

A5388781-9260-493B-A9C5-CC35453CB34E.png
I was considering making a ‘keeper’ the size of my phone so it does slide around. Using the tray that come with the bronco to hide the charger is a stellar idea.
I'm just gonna grab one of these instead of dropping $80 on the Brand motion one...

5W Wireless Charger Transmitter Module - Adopts 3 Coils - Built-in Short-Circuit Protection, Over-Voltage Protection - Wide Compatibility - DIY Wireless Charger Parts … https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MBGKS12/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_90PKZHD35K2PH775JBFK

Edit
Found a 15w, will just need to find somewhere to tie in for power and a way to make it sit flush under the rubber mat.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09B39Z3J1/ref=sw_img_1?smid=A32CEK0PUHPVW1&psc=1

Here's the way I did it. With MagSafe, you get a magnet holding your phone in optimal alignment and with choosing and adequate power source, you get the fastest charge possible wirelessly

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...harger-install-in-factory-location-diy.32069/
Sponsored

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Bronco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not to thread hijack, but I took this install a step further today.
Was considering picking up a charging board off Amazon, and wiring in via add-a-fuse. Foam cut out under the pad for the board to sit flush.

Was sitting at work and came across a wireless Samsung charger I don't use any more (have one built in to my mouse pad now), so I disassembled it. Took the cooling fan off (won't be any ventilation under the rubber mat anyways), and cut some foam out. Electric tape holds the board and charger in place, and I ordered a 6" USB Type C cable off Amazon today.

Works great! Like all wireless chargers it'll take a bit to figure out exactly where to place my phone to charge, but for $6 (the shorter cable) I'm very pleased. The rubber mat even has a little hole in the front for the cord to run through. 🤷

20220201_173538.jpg

20220201_173529.jpg

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not to thread hijack, but I took this install a step further today.
Was considering picking up a charging board off Amazon, and wiring in via add-a-fuse. Foam cut out under the pad for the board to sit flush.

Was sitting at work and came across a wireless Samsung charger I don't use any more (have one built in to my mouse pad now), so I disassembled it. Took the cooling fan off (won't be any ventilation under the rubber mat anyways), and cut some foam out. Electric tape holds the board and charger in place, and I ordered a 6" USB Type C cable off Amazon today.

Works great! Like all wireless chargers it'll take a bit to figure out exactly where to place my phone to charge, but for $6 (the shorter cable) I'm very pleased. The rubber mat even has a little hole in the front for the cord to run through. 🤷

Ford Bronco Wireless charging pad DIY install hack 20220201_173529

Ford Bronco Wireless charging pad DIY install hack 20220201_173529
Nice! Can you show it installed with the cable inserted? With less crotch shots. 🤣

Sponsored

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice! Can you show it installed with the cable inserted? With less crotch shots. 🤣
Yeah I'll snap a photo tomorrow when I have the shorter cable. Can't guarantee my crotch won't make the shot though

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just gonna grab one of these instead of dropping $80 on the Brand motion one...

5W Wireless Charger Transmitter Module - Adopts 3 Coils - Built-in Short-Circuit Protection, Over-Voltage Protection - Wide Compatibility - DIY Wireless Charger Parts … https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MBGKS12/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_90PKZHD35K2PH775JBFK

Edit
Found a 15w, will just need to find somewhere to tie in for power and a way to make it sit flush under the rubber mat.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09B39Z3J1/ref=sw_img_1?smid=A32CEK0PUHPVW1&psc=1
I like your thinking here. Since I have a manual my tray is different and can hold one phone in landscape or two in portrait. The 3 coils might charge them both.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TommyBronco, @Tricky Nick, or any other manual owners, have you disassembled your console yet? It feels like that blank plate will pop off pretty easily but I'd like to see the back side before I break something.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wait till you guys see what I created in cad. Now if I can just finish building my 3d printer so I can do a test print and check for fitment. This project alone had me learn cad, buy and build a 3d printer and teach myself everything lol. All while working 70+hrs a week.

Sponsored

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would love to do this. Unfortunately I'd still have to plug in my phone to use Android Auto because my Lg G8 Thinq still has not gotten the Android 11 update. Ugh....

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just wait till you guys see what I created in cad. Now if I can just finish building my 3d printer so I can do a test print and check for fitment. This project alone had me learn cad, buy and build a 3d printer and teach myself everything lol. All while working 70+hrs a week.
interested to see what you've cooked up

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TommyBronco, @Tricky Nick, or any other manual owners, have you disassembled your console yet? It feels like that blank plate will pop off pretty easily but I'd like to see the back side before I break something.
I have not yet. I will be taking the dash apart this weekend to install a USB outlet near where I mounted the AR / Tap, so will not have time to mess with the console yet. Hopefully the weekend after. If I do, I will let you know...

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exciting. Keep me posted please.