Sponsored

Wiring socket panel directly to battery?

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can wire to battery, just put a fuse 18" or less from battery. There's some nice terminal blocks already built in so easy to add.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rather than connecting at battery, which because your connector there can(I said can not will) cause corrosion at battery terminal.or main connection come loose. I have seen it happen.

Better to find where the always hot positive wire connects to existing fuse block. It will be the heaviest red wire at the block

Connect there with an inline fuse of sufficient and proper size.. you may even find that block already has a spare always hot circuit ready and waiting for use as output.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If it were me I would connect to a fuse location that is always hot (as you stated you prefer to not start Bronco) or find a fuse location for accessories so you just have to hit start button without using the brake to turn on accessories. When doing this use a ADD A FUSE pigtail. You can wire your power wire for what your trying to use directly to this pigtail and then to the fuse box. If you decide to go this route, make sure you buy a micro add a fuse. Not standard or mini but micro as this is what the bronco uses.

Micro2_Fuse_Circuit_Tap_46408_f.png

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I vote for right to the battery. There are lots of connection posts on the Bronco battery terminals. Use plenty of dielectric grease, large enough gauge wire, and a fuse of appropriate size.

I ran a plug for my ARB Fridge/Freeze right to the battery.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ironiguana

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it were me I would connect to a fuse location that is always hot (as you stated you prefer to not start Bronco) or find a fuse location for accessories so you just have to hit start button without using the brake to turn on accessories. When doing this use a ADD A FUSE pigtail. You can wire your power wire for what your trying to use directly to this pigtail and then to the fuse box. If you decide to go this route, make sure you buy a micro add a fuse. Not standard or mini but micro as this is what the bronco uses.

Ford Bronco Wiring socket panel directly to battery? Micro2_Fuse_Circuit_Tap_46408_f
How do you know which fuse locations are always hot?

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You buy a test lite, they are very cheap at any auto store or Wal-Mart. And with the vehicle off check each fuse with the test lite, once you see the test lite lite-up, that is a live circuit. If a fuse doesn't lite up then it is only live with key on or running. The test lite has one lead wire with alligator clip. You locate a ground on vehicle or negative post on battery and connect alligator clip to it, then check the fuses by touching the tip of the test lite on each fuse contact point(metal showing from top of fuse). It will either lite up or it won't.

A&I Products_B1AC55xx1xxxxdd9df9.jpeg

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The add a fuse pigtail has to inlet ports for fuses. There should already be a fuse inserted at purchase. Determine if that is the correct amp fuse needed. Once you have selected a fuse to use. You pull that fuse out and remember where you pulled it from. Take that fuse and insert it into the pigtail fuse inlet. Plug the pigtail into that port you previously pulled the OEM fuse from.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Adding a tap off a fuse is a bandaid and something I would only do for something super low draw, like backlight or something. Knowing what kind of headroom you have on that fuse is important and knowing that whatever you're doing isn't going to overload that circuit. Your battery is another foot away and provides an "unlimited" amount of power, why risk it?

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco has terminals on the battery for accessory connection. Just use an in-line fuse and connect the positive to one of these terminals.

BTW, fuse taps are garbage, good way to melt your fuse box.

Ford Bronco Wiring socket panel directly to battery? 1673454019182
Sponsored