Wisconsin Roll Call

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone going to the Bronco Super Celebration in the Wisconsin Dells later this summer in July?

I have never even been to a car meet. The only large scale car thing I have been to is the Twin Cities auto show.
Do they put this on every year in the Dells?
Or is like a traveling location style show. This year in the Dells next year chicago year after that Michigan etc..?
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do they put this on every year in the Dells?
Or is like a traveling location style show. This year in the Dells next year chicago year after that Michigan etc..?
Was at the Dells last year...I'm assuming they are gonna keep it there every year

MPTB

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cool! never been that way before. We used to go to the Pxxxline every Memorial day weekend till they started closing it till 6/1. You have any idea if they are still doing that? Or have we served our punishment long enough? I was up there for Labor day weekend last year and all seemed good, actually looked like some areas had been repaired. Duck ponds have been backfilled, and the deterent fence has been removed. Hoping to get a WI 6g Bronco invasion going up there sometime this year!

They closed it entirely earlier this year because people were rutting it all the way down to the pipe. It sounds like a permanent closure. There are a number of decent trails just west of there. I usually start at hwy f and dixie rd just south east of the mccaslin mountain campground.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/cnnf/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD1099188

Screenshot_20230515_085143_Gaia GPS.jpg

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They closed it entirely earlier this year because people were rutting it all the way down to the pipe. It sounds like a permanent closure. There are a number of decent trails just west of there. I usually start at hwy f and dixie rd just south east of the mccaslin mountain campground.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/cnnf/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD1099188

Screenshot_20230515_085143_Gaia GPS.jpg
Well I guess I will see you guys in 2025! That's BS BTW. Nobody get's anywhere close to the pipe anywhere but area 26, which we have been routed around for 8 years now. There's another way to get to thunder mountain, but I don't remember how. I suppose I can stop redacting the names now!

EDIT: so what you have highlighted there is the back way from Mcaslin mountain to Thunder mountain, question is can you still do the thunder mountain rock crawl? I believe another FR splits off at the top, and the route to A26 via the 2 mud bogs is fenced (has been for a long time, but the fence is easily bypassed...not that I would ever do that!). Or is the trail shutdown at the N fork Thunder river bridge?

Last edited:

MPTB

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
EDIT: so what you have highlighted there is the back way from Mcaslin mountain to Thunder mountain, question is can you still do the thunder mountain rock crawl? I believe another FR splits off at the top, and the route to A26 via the 2 mud bogs is fenced (has been for a long time, but the fence is easily bypassed...not that I would ever do that!). Or is the trail shutdown at the N fork Thunder river bridge?
[/QUOTE]

Is that the same as "rock hill" or "the rock garden" just south of the river crossing? If so I think there's a number of side cuts from the west that I doubt they will take the time to block.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Is that the same as "rock hill" or "the rock garden" just south of the river crossing? If so I think there's a number of side cuts from the west that I doubt they will take the time to block.
[/QUOTE]
Generally called "Thunder mountain rock garden" on some maps like Onx. We always just called it "Thunder mountain". Probably the most technical part of the Pipeline cause it's always different. Years ago you had to ford that little river, then sometime in early 2000s they built that little bridge, then there's a washout that has rocks in the bottom, where stock Jeeps tend to hang up on an axle tube, and after that little washout it transitions from sand to sand+rocks to all rocks w/a bypass on the RH side (if going up, coming down it's on the left). I hope that area is still accessible...IDK what the June "jeep camp" will do if it isn't...it's always the highlight of their trail ride. Since the closure of "area 26" I have accessed it from Bucks ranch road, which runs east into Caldron Falls road, which is where the guy who host's the Jeep camp's property is. Previously we would enter the Pipeline off hwy W and do the whole N half of the trail making Thunder mountain last. Either way it's always the highlight of a Pipeline run. Glad I did it last Labor day weekend in my 6G! Hope you can scout a way to it...PM me if you find out more!
EDIT: view from the top in 2017

IMGA00331.jpg

Last edited:

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello fellow Wisconsinites, I am in Southeastern WI, have 2023 Wildtrak. Wheels/tires for sale. Also, Bora wheel spacers 1.25", and the SAS fender flares. Under 3,000 miles. Like new. The spacers bring the wheels to 0 offset.
20230513_061539.jpg
20230216_084248.jpg

xim

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone going to the Bronco Super Celebration in the Wisconsin Dells later this summer in July?

I have never even been to a car meet. The only large scale car thing I have been to is the Twin Cities auto show.
Yes! Just purchased the ticket yesterday. I've been looking forward to it since last year's.

Sounds like there's going to need more better rides now too!

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All! Has anyone visited Bentley Hills ATV park with their Bronco near Sand Valley/Lake Petenwell?

It sounds like ORVs may not technically supposed to be on the trails, but they’re seen there quite often. I vacation in that area quite often, and would love to test out the trails.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm up here in north central Wisconsin. I usually just take the PW to MOAB when I can.

Sponsored

MPTB

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ran most of the 7 hr plane crash trail yesterday. Due to the lack of rain the trail is boring as hell. Even the usually deep mud section near the border is just dry ruts. I never took it out of 2h. I wouldn't bother with it until we get some good rain.

Does anyone know of any trails nearby in decently challenging shape right now?

20230623_130250.jpg

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ran most of the 7 hr plane crash trail yesterday. Due to the lack of rain the trail is boring as hell. Even the usually deep mud section near the border is just dry ruts. I never took it out of 2h. I wouldn't bother with it until we get some good rain.

Does anyone know of any trails nearby in decently challenging shape right now?

Ford Bronco Wisconsin Roll Call 20230623_130250
Its a little way off yet, but are you gonna do "spirit of the northwoods" at JJUSA Aug 18-20? Supposedly they did some new trail builds there and they are kinda hairy. I was gonna go to last weeks trail build, but couldn't swing it w/fathers day plans

MPTB

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Its a little way off yet, but are you gonna do "spirit of the northwoods" at JJUSA Aug 18-20? Supposedly they did some new trail builds there and they are kinda hairy. I was gonna go to last weeks trail build, but couldn't swing it w/fathers day plans
Isn't jjusa jeeps only?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't jjusa jeeps only?
The jeep event is, that's in July. The one I am talking about is August 18-20. 50 vehicle limit. Gotta be a member of WC4WD, or an affiliate club. Sorry for bookface link

MPTB

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The jeep event is, that's in July. The one I am talking about is August 18-20. 50 vehicle limit. Gotta be a member of WC4WD, or an affiliate club. Sorry for bookface link

I've been meaning to check out wc4wd for a while . Have you been to any of their events at camp sinawa?
Sponsored