First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After seeing so many reports of bad 2.3 and the v6 engines on til too and other forums, I am truly beginning to worry. I have a 2.3 BigBend that I love which I have had for 17 months now and only 6500 miles. No issues thus far but everyone is saying 12 to 15k and these engines are knocking, locking up. Just worried after pay over 50k + crazy financing.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not heard of any "bad" 2.3 engines...details?

The 2.7 had a run of bad valves not long after release and cam phaser issues but haven't heard of knocking issues or locking up...details?

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just Ford haters putting out bad rumors. The 2.3 is pret much bulletproof. And I think 2.7 issues have been fixed.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you have examples of these "many reports"? Because working at a dealership I probably see more than most people and I'm not seeing anything like this. I'm also on many Ford technician groups that also aren't posting anything like this.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My son is a mechanic in an independent shop and says he’s never had to work on a 2.3 ecoboost. The engine he repairs the most is the 3.6 Jeep V6.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After seeing so many reports of bad 2.3 and the v6 engines on til too and other forums, I am truly beginning to worry. I have a 2.3 BigBend that I love which I have had for 17 months now and only 6500 miles. No issues thus far but everyone is saying 12 to 15k and these engines are knocking, locking up. Just worried after pay over 50k + crazy financing.
Stay off the internet and stop watching the news . Life would be much less scary ,lol.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What?!? My 2.3 is a ticking time bomb and can explode anytime after 12k miles!?!? Anybody know if there is such thing as a pre-lemon law and if I can get my money back on my 2021 BL?!1?!

Sarcasm aside, I get that 6g is not the be-all-end-all for Bronco news but can you provide some examples of the "many reports" from "everyone" so we may all be better informed?

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I haven't heard anything bad about the 2.3. Yes the 2.7 is known to have issues especially with the cam phasers giving up after 15k miles but if anything the 2.3 is known to be more reliable than the 2.7 so I really wouldn't stress about it or let it ruin your Bronco experience

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Somebody ran one out of oil and put a video on TicToc lol.

I was watching YouTube shorts the other day and one video said 2 different Ford engines I have are junk lol. Both have been trouble free for over 200k miles. Go figure.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @Medic2586
What 2.3 issues are you hearing about? I have not heard of any on this site or others

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Let me guess, your also worried about getting in a crash after seeing it fold up like a tin can on those videos circulating facebook and tiktok?

OP
OP
Medic2586

Medic2586

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just same old stuff, mainly til you and some on another forum or something. Probably just haters wanting to hate. I am a true blue Ford fan. Everybody talked about the 5.4 Triton 3v. I’ve got a 2006 and love the engine. It’s strong and no issues at almost 200k. My Bronco was my gift to me on retirement so I’m just gonna laugh and enjoy it. Thanks guys for helping me get my head back on straight!

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Change your oil every 5k miles and keep up with all maintenance. If you follow these simple rules it should last you a long time.
Sponsored