First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is why I didn’t go for the MIC 2.0 recall nonsense and instead kept the OG top; it looks better than the replacement.
Sponsored

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
I picked mine up October 2022 and found a crack Feb 2023. I plan on taking it in at the 2 &1/2 year mark in April 2025 so they can fix it well before the warranty expires with hopefully a new version that isn't made of cardboard and resin.
Ford Bronco MIC hard top surface now resembles the moon's surface MIC Top Crack Feb 2023.JPG
Ford Bronco MIC hard top surface now resembles the moon's surface MIC Top Crack Location Feb 2023

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sure but they don’t need to be. Ford just cheaped out and won’t do a foam and fiberglass top. The top on my 1990 was superior in every way except weight.
You're ignoring functionality again, since a lot of people like being able to remove just the front panels separately from the rear panels.

Quality and durability wise though, the top on my 96 is great too

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What the hell are you guys talking about ?

In this photo I can't see a damn thing wrong with it. Even Hi Res full screen I can't see anything ! !
I hope you're joking
Ford Bronco MIC hard top surface now resembles the moon's surface Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 12.03.37 PM

Sponsored

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you trying to defend that the roof should look like that? Poor quality only continues when nothing is done about it. These issues need to be reported, big or small. This may be minor now, but if the roof is this early in its life, then it'll only get worse over time.

I saw my new roof sitting in a crate, behind the dealership. I questioned why it would be left outside and exposed, to which they could only assume it took up too much space. Waiting on the sound deadener to come in and loaner, then its off to the races with the repair. Popping my windows out, gluing them in, and having all kinds of techs that dont care, surrounding the thin metal and cheap plastics this thing is made of. If this top has issues, the dealer was informed I will be back, and that some people are on their 4th roof.

When it starts to hurt their pockets, our efforts will result in better tops for us, and those in the future.

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP solved Ford's problem. Design Moon Scape into the finish. Badda Boom Badda Bing. Now Ford says "Supposed to look like that." My 2DR heritage is cancelled now so any hard top MoonScape, DryLakeBedScape, LavaScape, AnyScape would be welcomed.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a 4 door retail price is
$3380 for the clamshell
$980 for the middle panel
$3155 for the front 2 panels
Why is the two front panels 3155$ ?? So an entire top is going to cost you 7515 sans shipping. Also dealing with some of the issues stated here.

Aftermarket will not be able to make enough tops for people who want them. Ford needs to get it together on this aspect.

Zulu7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos & Bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't see much either. Not there to see in person, but looking at OP's photos it doesn't say warranty claim to me

If people make nitpicking complaints that makes it more difficult for people with real problems

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why is the two front panels 3155$ ?? So an entire top is going to cost you 7515 sans shipping. Also dealing with some of the issues stated here.

Aftermarket will not be able to make enough tops for people who want them. Ford needs to get it together on this aspect.
No idea. I don’t set the pricing lol
A full top will cost more than this. These are just the larger pieces. This doesn’t include side windows/rear window and probably some other little things.

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see much either. Not there to see in person, but looking at OP's photos it doesn't say warranty claim to me

If people make nitpicking complaints that makes it more difficult for people with real problems
C'mon. In many cases these are 60k vehicles. There's no fuckin way Ford should be putting out this crap quality for that money. Or even for a 30k vehicle. Subpar is subpar at any price. If people don't call Ford out on this, then it becomes acceptable. And it's not.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Don’t feed the trolls guys. They know the top has major quality issues and this top is garbage.

Zulu7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos & Bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
C'mon. In many cases these are 60k vehicles. There's no fuckin way Ford should be putting out this crap quality for that money. Or even for a 30k vehicle. Subpar is subpar at any price. If people don't call Ford out on this, then it becomes acceptable. And it's not.
OP's photos look nitpicking to me. Maybe it looks worse in person but I don't see warranty claim in those photos

People crying wolf make it harder for the many others w legit claims

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You've never owned a 6G Bronco?
No order placed ?

Any Bronco ever?
Last and only Bronco I've owned was a Regatta Blue '92. Which had a great top.

Have yet to own a 6G, no order placed since Ford wouldn't allow the order of a base for '23, and now killed it altogether. Currently weighing the options and not holding my breath.

Your point?

NeoTreks

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2021 Wildtrak (one of the first 10 in my state) has no issues with the MIC. Had it over 2 years and it is garaged. I'm in Colorado. I wonder if the heat/humidity are causing the problems? We don't have that here in CO. :)
Sponsored