Sponsored

Would you order this top when ordering your new Bronco vs. current Mic top?

Pony4x4

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would like to see Ford offer 2 options. The complete "convertible" soft top. And a legit hard top that either just had a power sunroof (maybe panoramic?) Or a T-Top that was similar to the Pontiac Firebird (more body structure to hold everything in place)

Granted I'm 68 years old - but it seems like a lot of people would just like to hit the button to open a sunroof to let some instantaneous sunshine in.

I guess the caveat could be that a glass top or T-Tops might not like the flexing of rock climbing and break?

Anyway - would you give up your current Mic top for something like this? (Sorry if there's a similar thread somewhere)
Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jeep offers a power sliding top and its been a hit

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends if that "permanent" hard top offers a higher weight rating for roof racks.

If they do develop a hard top with a higher weight rating, then yes... I'd absolutely consider that top, because the currently hard top weight rating is definitely lacking.

If it doesn't, then I could care less if I'm being perfectly honest. Zero desire for a panoramic sheet of glass or skyroof on the Bronco. I did experience Jeep's Sky One-Touch Power Roof (or whatever the heck they call it) recently, and my overwhelming feeling was "I can't believe someone would willingly pay $4000 for this".

BUT, maybe I'm just cheap.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope I am 63 and had a Soft top on my four door. I had it completely off a few time in the months I owned it. I traded it for a two door MIC top. I have the front two panels off almost daily here in TN. I just received my Jtops Bimni top, so the MIC top will be off for a while. I had moon roofs in most of my trucks over the last 10 years. I can count on one hand the number of times I had them open. Most of that time was to lube the rubber seals. The old T-tops leaked about year two and beyond.

I had a 1980 Bronco with only the rear section that could be removed. I took it off in the spring and put it back on in the fall.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends if that "permanent" hard top offers a higher weight rating for roof racks.

If they do develop a hard top with a higher weight rating, then yes... I'd absolutely consider that top, because the currently hard top weight rating is definitely lacking.

If it doesn't, then I could care less if I'm being perfectly honest. Zero desire for a panoramic sheet of glass or skyroof on the Bronco. I did experience Jeep's Sky One-Touch Power Roof (or whatever the heck they call it) recently, and my overwhelming feeling was "I can't believe someone would willingly pay $4000 for this".

BUT, maybe I'm just cheap.
What is the 4 door hard top weight rating? Also do you know if you need to support the rear section of the hardtop once it is removed or is it fine sitting in a hard surface? While I am at it, how about the roof panels, once removed can you lay them on a hard surface top up, or should you lay them flat, top down?

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the 4 door hard top weight rating? Also do you know if you need to support the rear section of the hardtop once it is removed or is it fine sitting in a hard surface? While I am at it, how about the roof panels, once removed can you lay them on a hard surface top up, or should you lay them flat, top down?
110 lbs when in motion.

And if you upgrade to 37" tires it drops to 0 lbs—although I'm fairly certain that is just a "you're too top heavy" warning to cover their butts from a legal perspective when someone inevitably rolls their Bronco.

Ford Bronco Would you order this top when ordering your new Bronco vs. current Mic top? 1686158349819

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would like to see Ford offer 2 options. The complete "convertible" soft top. And a legit hard top that either just had a power sunroof (maybe panoramic?) Or a T-Top that was similar to the Pontiac Firebird (more body structure to hold everything in place)

Granted I'm 68 years old - but it seems like a lot of people would just like to hit the button to open a sunroof to let some instantaneous sunshine in.

I guess the caveat could be that a glass top or T-Tops might not like the flexing of rock climbing and break?

Anyway - would you give up your current Mic top for something like this? (Sorry if there's a similar thread somewhere)
Nope! I would like to see sunroofs in Mustangs though. I wouldn't get a softie Bronco but bet many would pay for a powered convertible top.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why not a removable full metal top in the spirit of true retro styling and versatility?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Here you go ...

https://www.putco.com/product/element-sky-view-for-the-ford-bronco/v/Ford/Bronco/2023/

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had 3 Mustangs with powered soft tops.

1 - way better than anything in the Bronco because no silly roll cage.

2- soft tops are a 3-5 year wear item. Main reason I went hard top on the Bronco.

YMMV

Indarkness

Wildtrak
First Name
First second
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jeep offers the “sky one touch” power top. It’s $4300. I have never been in a jeep with that top. The reviews that i have seen are all similar, Noisier than the soft top, expensive option, poor to no insulation requiring the AC to be on full blast almost all times. I see a lot of jeeps with them around here in FL, but they are always closed. Personally I see jeeps 90% naked, no doors, no windows, just a Bimini top, or they are fully enclosed. It’s damn hot here in FL and the sun would burn my bald head.
Sponsored