First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My issue is going to be the fact that i can sit in the exact same vehicle with the only difference being auto vs manual and i have to sit 2-3" father back to comfortably operate the clutch on the manual.
I’m the same way, except I like to be a little closer with a manual.
Sponsored

GT5050

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2 dr - 35.7”
4 dr - 36.3”

not identical...and concerning how close they are
For what it's worth I have a Ranger and a rear facing car seat fits fine on either side, and rear legroom is listed at 34.5". Now I'm only 5'8", but there's a bit to spare behind me - but not much. Obviously if I were taller than I am putting it on the passenger side would work fine...

dhg1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's more rear seat legroom than my focus rs, so it should be fine. 1 forward facing car seat behind me and 1 rear facing behind the passenger seat. Granted the passenger seat is all the way forward, we get by. It helps my wife is short enough it's ok for around town.

C2C1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My issue is the lateral room, fitting a rear facing in the middle with two forward facing on the outboard seats. Still reserved to already be “in line” just in case but dunno if it’s gonna feasibly work til they are all in boosters. In that case, will have to drop the reservation and go Explorer.

Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have our kids in Diono Radian car seats. They’re very narrow, metal framed, crash tested, and very high quality.

We bought them when the JL first came out because we planned to get one, but had some things chance in life. Now, the three of them easily fit across the 2nd row in my Land Rover D2.

The cool thing is, they’re capable of being fully in contact with the seat in front of them, and still safe. All my kids are front facing now, but we had two front facing, and one rear, with the Diono touching the rear of the passenger front seat. I don’t have measurements, but I know the D2 has less rear legroom and I’m fairly confident it’s narrower than this bronco.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's more rear seat legroom than my focus rs, so it should be fine. 1 forward facing car seat behind me and 1 rear facing behind the passenger seat. Granted the passenger seat is all the way forward, we get by. It helps my wife is short enough it's ok for around town.
Its pretty insane that the 4 DR Bronco only has 3" more legroom than the RS. My RS has like no leg-room. Passengers hate being in it.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe I'm just an ass but as long as I have room in the cockpit I'm not too worried about what kind of legroom my kids will have in the back. They are kids, they can deal with it!
the concern is really car seats not 10 years not having enough room to spread out

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the concern is really car seats not 10 years not having enough room to spread out
Car seats definitely a valid concern. Was a great relief when mine finally outgrew theirs. Mine are now 9 and 11 and are spoiled with the room in the back of an F-250. But they are fired up to ride in the bronco with the roof and doors off. They'll get over the lack of space in comparison!

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm grateful my kids are both in front-facing seats now, the hassle of rear-facing seats was ridiculous, especially since I'm 6'5".

I'm wondering how much rear legroom they had to give up in the four door to ensure that all of the doors would stow in the back.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just an FYI !!!!!!

Jeep Wranger leg room (F/ R /combine)
41/38/79
Bronco
43/36/79
Edge
43/40/83
Escape
42/39/81

so the Bronco just has more front leg room than most.
meaning move the front seats up to match the rest, your talking about less than 2” difference.

As for width

Bronco 55”
jeep 57”
edge 57”
escape 54”

once Again less than 2” +/-

I think your fine
Sponsored