First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Badlands 4D 7-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Bronco6G community! I wanted to share my experience with my dealership and the X-Plan.

So, Ford recently made some Bronco models eligible for X-Plan starting January 10, 2024. Excited about the news, I called my dealership to check if my Bronco could retroactively qualify for X-Plan.

Initially, they said no because the Bronco is a specialty vehicle. After some back and forth, including talking to the general manager, I finally got a positive response. They agreed to honor X-Plan pricing if it was listed on the invoice.

In the end, they confirmed that my Bronco is indeed eligible for X-Plan pricing. It seems that even though I didn't order through X-Plan, either X-Plan pricing somehow made it to the invoice (scenario #1) or the dealership got confirmation from Ford about Bronco eligibility and decided to honor X-Plan pricing (scenario #2).

Considering the general manager's assurance and the fact that my Bronco was shipped after it became X-Plan eligible, I'm leaning towards scenario #1 being more likely.
Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's great that they're going to honor it. I don't believe it should matter how it was ordered, given that you should be able to use x-plan on a vehicle that is already in stock regardless of how it had been ordered. The dealership gets reimbursed a certain amount by Ford so they don't really lose as much money as they pretend they do. They only really lose money if they had intended to mark it up, or add other ridiculous fees.

OP
OP
Towerism

Towerism

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's great that they're going to honor it. I don't believe it should matter how it was ordered, given that you should be able to use x-plan on a vehicle that is already in stock regardless of how it had been ordered. The dealership gets reimbursed a certain amount by Ford so they don't really lose as much money as they pretend they do. They only really lose money if they had intended to mark it up, or add other ridiculous fees.
Yea I think you’re right. But I’m also not certain either. When I was talking to Ford Partner customer support, they asked me if I had ordered it with X-Plan. And when I asked if X-Plan applies to dealer stock, they said it’s up to the dealer.

SloppyJoes

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know if the 90 day wait period for some that provide xplan benefits is checked?

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If only I would've been smart enough to get a subscription to the mustang club when I ordered (but at the time Bronco wasn't eligible)... a family member works for a Ford Partner but when I went to get them to generate a PIN it requires being in the same house hold, realized only Ford employees qualify for the "friends" part.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Towerism

Towerism

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If only I would've been smart enough to get a subscription to the mustang club when I ordered (but at the time Bronco wasn't eligible)... a family member works for a Ford Partner but when I went to get them to generate a PIN it requires being in the same house hold, realized only Ford employees qualify for the "friends" part.
If it makes you feel any better, I had got a membership almost a year ago when I thought I was gonna order a mustang. So not at all because I knew I would change my mind and order a Bronco instead several months after. It simply worked out that my membership expires a few weeks after I plan on picking up my Bronco. If for some reason it gets delayed I’ll have to pony up for another year membership. For my configuration it would absolutely be worth it though.

fritobandito

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex/bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If it makes you feel any better, I had got a membership almost a year ago when I thought I was gonna order a mustang. So not at all because I knew I would change my mind and order a Bronco instead several months after. It simply worked out that my membership expires a few weeks after I plan on picking up my Bronco. If for some reason it gets delayed I’ll have to pony up for another year membership. For my configuration it would absolutely be worth it though.
You can print the pin now. It is good for a year.

OP
OP
Towerism

Towerism

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea I think you’re right. But I’m also not certain either. When I was talking to Ford Partner customer support, they asked me if I had ordered it with X-Plan. And when I asked if X-Plan applies to dealer stock, they said it’s up to the dealer.
Which is funny since technically you couldn't have ordered it with X-plan, at least not before January 10th. Any dealer could honor it if they wanted to but they would have actually been losing money before. And yeah x-plan is always optional for the dealers, they can either honor it or not. No one can force them.

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Does anyone know if the 90 day wait period for some that provide xplan benefits is checked?
According to the document they send the PIN on the dealer has to send a copy of proof membership in the qualifying organization. I assume that means they check the date on your membership card when they photocopy it to send with the paperwork. But that is just my guess.

Sponsored

Kasavias

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What were your MSRP and X-Plan pricing totals at?

OP
OP
Towerism

Towerism

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What were your MSRP and X-Plan pricing totals at?
MSRP: $65785
X-Plan: $63236

so X-Plan comes out to be like $12 over invoice and about $2500 less than MSRP.

Kasavias

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! I haven't been able to find much X-Plan pricing info on the 2024s, but that helps paint the picture a little bit better for me.

OP
OP
Towerism

Towerism

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! I haven't been able to find much X-Plan pricing info on the 2024s, but that helps paint the picture a little bit better for me.
No problem. Yea X-Plan is calculated by Invoice*0.996 + $275. Due to the Invoice*0.996 part of the equation, how much money you save on MSRP is highly dependent on the model and specific options.

Kasavias

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No problem. Yea X-Plan is calculated by Invoice*0.996 + $275. Due to the Invoice*0.996 part of the equation, how much money you save on MSRP is highly dependent on the model and specific options.
Oops, I meant to say it's been tough to find invoice pricing to then use the X-Plan calculations. Nice to see your info about it.
Sponsored