Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1991 BMW 325i/2021 Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that is reasonable. My problem is that Levine publicly communicated it was available. Now the backtrack...
1597117410500.png
In that case, you are right... they should stand by their word on that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In that case, you are right... they should stand by their word on that.
Will it stop me from buying? Likely not.
But will I be raving to everyone I know about how awesome it is? (read: the best PR on the planet) Not any longer. I've damn near convinced 6-10 people I know to look into buying one. That grassroots publicity is gone now.

doink

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350. Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Name a more iconic duo:

bronco6g.com and polls/petitions.

Silvercloud

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1991 BMW 325i/2021 Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will it stop me from buying? Likely not.
But will I be raving to everyone I know about how awesome it is? (read: the best PR on the planet) Not any longer. I've damn near convinced 6-10 people I know to look into buying one. That grassroots publicity is gone now.
That's interesting. I never really counted on the X Plan. We have a few dealers that are offering prices in the X plan range (I think). I just switched from a dealer that wouldn't guarantee me MSRP to Bob Utter Ford in Texas that has a great offer of 1K below dealer invoice. I love the Ford Raptor but dealers always mark them up above MSRP and do not offer X Plan. I guess I assumed that was going to happen with the Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's interesting. I never really counted on the X Plan. We have a few dealers that are offering prices in the X plan range (I think). I just switched from a dealer that wouldn't guarantee me MSRP to Bob Utter Ford in Texas that has a great offer of 1K below dealer invoice. I love the Ford Raptor but dealers always mark them up above MSRP and do not offer X Plan. I guess I assumed that was going to happen with the Bronco.
I see your point. To me, its the repeated carrot-dangle and then walk back.

OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you too. We have waited for this thing for so long and any back tracking takes the air out more and more.
I don't know if the Mansquatch was a planned reveal, but it got over 11k signatures on change.org and I'd like to hope that made a difference. So I figured why not for reversing the X-plan decision.

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The fact is Ford is going to sell every MY21 Bronco, they made a calculated business decision. Sure they pissed off a few buyers and they may not buy but at the end of the MY21 production Ford will have sold every Bronco built and made more money doing it.
We talk about how shady car dealers are in general, all Ford is a big car dealer with distribution centers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fact is Ford is going to sell every MY21 Bronco, they made a calculated business decision. Sure they pissed off a few buyers and they may not buy but at the end of the MY21 production Ford will have sold every Bronco built and made more money doing it.
We talk about how shady car dealers are in general, all Ford is a big car dealer with distribution centers.
Agreed, it just seemed different this time. Honoring reservation timestamp, etc. Guess not. It's not about the money to me. It's about keeping your word.
Plus, I have a set budget, and every dollar under that budget would be "reinvested" in factory accessories where their margins are definitely better, so they are shooting themselves in the foot and pissing off their fan base in the process. That's how I see it at least. Thoughts?

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not going to Change dot org for any reason. If a company wants to charge X$ for a product it is their choice to make. We, the buying public can make our own decision to buy said products or not. The government has no business butting in. I'm as sad to hear about the loss of X-Plan as the next person but I'm still buying and hoping this announcement gets me closer to the front of the line. ;)

OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not going to Change dot org for any reason. If a company wants to charge X$ for a product it is their choice to make. We, the buying public can make our own decision to buy said products or not. The government has no business butting in. I'm as sad to hear about the loss of X-Plan as the next person but I'm still buying and hoping this announcement gets me closer to the front of the line. ;)
Fair enough, I am the last person to have thought I would ever put a petition on there. But I'd like to think that the 11,800ish Mansquatch signatures made a difference. Part of me thinks it was probably a slow-roll plan regardless, but part of me thinks they couldn't possibly have had that foresight and scrambled when people made their voice heard. I just thought it important to give people an outlet.

OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a side note, how does the government have anything to do with this? Honestly curious, and know nothing about change.org other than there was a Mansquatch petition early on.
Sponsored