Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

?Much like Thomas, this thread went off the rails...
1_ZpB4NIQ1BrKTReRF5b0yFw.png
giphy.gif

are we not allowed to go off on a tangent every now and again on a message board? LOL

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Agreed, it just seemed different this time. Honoring reservation timestamp, etc. Guess not. It's not about the money to me. It's about keeping your word.
Plus, I have a set budget, and every dollar under that budget would be "reinvested" in factory accessories where their margins are definitely better, so they are shooting themselves in the foot and pissing off their fan base in the process. That's how I see it at least. Thoughts?
Exactly what he said

OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can afford my bronco without X plan. As I’m sure all of us here can.

It’s the fact FORD HAS GONE BACK ON WHAT THEY TOLD US!

Don’t get me started on them losing money. I don’t want to hear it. I own a business, it’s small, but if I treated my customers, my most loyal customers, this way I would fail.

This is really a matter of “to big to fail” mentality. The suits know they don’t need their hardcore fans. They will sell.

They set the rules. We played by them. They changed the rules.

I am considering backing out because too many people in the world treat others this way. And when I have a chance to say no. I do.

if you disagree with me, fine. All I want to do is hit the trails in the best rig possible and this is a lot of games for this time in my life.
Anyone know how to like a comment twice?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The suits know they don’t need their hardcore fans. They will sell.
First off.. great post.

Second, this line I like.. only because if you go back like 6+ months I used to argue how Jeeps sell to MOSTLY the non-hardcore fans and the other side would say how the hardcore fans are what make Jeep what it is. Which for the sake of this argument, with a NEW vehicle trying to get off the ground, would make sense if Ford directed the initial marketing towards the hardcore crowd to get the name back out there, otherwise with pricing being similar to the Jeeps, why would the non-hardcore make the jump?

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can afford my bronco without X plan. As I’m sure all of us here can.

It’s the fact FORD HAS GONE BACK ON WHAT THEY TOLD US!

Don’t get me started on them losing money. I don’t want to hear it. I own a business, it’s small, but if I treated my customers, my most loyal customers, this way I would fail.

This is really a matter of “to big to fail” mentality. The suits know they don’t need their hardcore fans. They will sell.

They set the rules. We played by them. They changed the rules.

I am considering backing out because too many people in the world treat others this way. And when I have a chance to say no. I do.

if you disagree with me, fine. All I want to do is hit the trails in the best rig possible and this is a lot of games for this time in my life.
amen, brother.

As I've said in other posts - I'm also beyond pissed about this - and honestly, it's only partially about the money. It's mostly because we (this forum and the other one, which probably has a lot of cross-over, as well as the FB groups) are the rabid enthusiasts. The ones who have been anxious since early on, for the Bronco. We're telling our friends, we're doing Fords' PR work for them for free. We're building the community and the excitement so that this is more than just a new vehicle, it's a BRAND. It's a lifestyle. It's a community. These are the things that foster customer loyalty and passion. You'd think Ford would appreciate that to some degree, and would try NOT to shaft us in the 11th hour (which is what they've done). It's ruining this whole experience for me and many others. It's unfortunate that they're too short-sighted to see that, and what the impact of this decision has been on us and how we feel about being ambassadors for the Bronco.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And I have mine through a veterans group... but that doesn't mean squat at this point
Yeah, gee I know there was a big rush to join MCA. Disable American Veterans (DAV) was how I was getting my pin!

Feel like I earned that shit! But whatever...

Last edited:

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, gee I know there was a big rush to join MCA. Disable American Veterans (DAV) was how I was getting my pin!

Feel like I earned that shit! But whatever...
if ANYONE deserves a freaking X plan discount, it's Vets and Police officers/firefighters ...

I get my X plan through my wife's work as a benefit of her employment... well, I WOULD have gotten X plan through her work ... :mad:

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm sure it is called out in these threads in multiple spots but Ford is just trying to capture the most profit as possible since they apparently have more demand for this vehicle than production capability. Hard to blame them for that.

Once the initial demand cools off, discounts will surely be available. Example for me is the Jeep Gladiator - when that thing rolled out there was no way to get better than invoice on it (and even then only for custom orders from certain dealers in AZ) but now you can get a Gladiator for less than a comparable Wrangler without much effort. Basic supply and demand.

After the upcoming B&P crisis/pitchforks, I wouldn't be surprised if the next round of anger will be Ford prioritzing FE and Wildtrack production to capture most $$ again and delay the Base and other lower margin ones to later.... I'm in no hurry and just along for the ride thankfully.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% agree. We as a nation are so far removed from the free market / true capitalism that it makes zero sense to expect anything else. It's interesting to think about how this nation would look if government never stepped in and started subsidizing industries, offering tax breaks/incentives, etc. If it truly remained a free market. It's interesting to think about, but very difficult to really wrap your mind around at times too, since so much in our nation is impacted by government.

I'm not dense. I simply like to look from different perspectives at times and think about the current situation from a different angle. Sorry to bring either of you 2 down (@Rydfree) the last 24 hours. I don't hold it against Ford at all. I simply realize business is business. In the end, if party A is ok accepting something at a discount, then don't expect party B to pay full boat either.
No worries my friend. Don't think you're dense. I do love a good passionate exchange... as long as it stays above the line and doesn't degrade like the 1st presidential "debate".

Definitely would be interesting to see an economy completely free of government intervention... my guess is private entities would fill the gap of the government.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No worries my friend. Don't think you're dense. I do love a good passionate exchange... as long as it stays above the line and doesn't degrade like the 1st presidential "debate".

Definitely would be interesting to see an economy completely free of government intervention... my guess is private entities would fill the gap of the government.
Fortunately/Unfortunately we'll never see it. LOL