Sponsored

Y'all heard the chorus of frogs alert from your Bronco yet??

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Lol. I dunno what kinda sound Ford was shooting for here...
But, while going down the highway, take your hands off the wheel. You'll soon get a visual alert on the dash. If your truck isn't wondering too badly, keep your hands off still...
And then you'll heard the frogs singing thru the speakers.
No joke.
Lol
Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, you know why it does that. Do it in one of my cars and dash starts to light up, steering wheel shakes, then car starts squeaking and finally slows down and stops. All on its own. I think its a nice safety feature if one has a heart attack, falls asleep, etc. Apparently your Bronco likes to make a lot of noise in the process.

I'm envious you have one to drive.

Sponsored

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is a lot more subtle than Toyota's lane keeping system. They fire off a loud ass beeping noise if you get close to the line... or the system just thinks you did.

You should also have a button on your steering wheel to turn off this feature if you don't want it. Not an option with toyota.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
OP, you know why it does that. Do it in one of my cars and dash starts to light up, steering wheel shakes, then car starts squeaking and finally slows down and stops. All on its own. I think its a nice safety feature if one has a heart attack, falls asleep, etc. Apparently your Bronco likes to make a lot of noise in the process.

I'm envious you have one to drive.
Yeah, I know why it does that... Lol
But the audio warning is weird.
It might change if you carry on longer...?
I think it's trying to imitate riding over center lane noise grooves 🤷

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove for 8hrs yesterday, mostly sitting in the car as my passenger delivered presents for work, it told me every half hour after that to rest and relax

gotta find FORscan to disable a lot of bullshit, though Ill leave that since it shows a coffee cup

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Bronco's lane keep assist is garbage. Its like 25% of the time it actually realizes I'm drifting out of my lane and even when it does, it barely does anything to put me back in the lane, if at all.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol. I dunno what kinda sound Ford was shooting for here...
But, while going down the highway, take your hands off the wheel. You'll soon get a visual alert on the dash. If your truck isn't wondering too badly, keep your hands off still...
And then you'll heard the frogs singing thru the speakers.
No joke.
Lol
I've been trying my hardest to figure out a way to turn the "hand off steering wheel" alert off. This truck drives so strait it still tells me to put my hand on the wheel when I already do! Don't think there is a way to shut it off.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco's lane keep assist is garbage. Its like 25% of the time it actually realizes I'm drifting out of my lane and even when it does, it barely does anything to put me back in the lane, if at all.
How often do you drift out of your lane? đź‘€

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you go under features where it say's "alert+aid" you can adjust the setting. Just change it from normal to high to make the car adjust back in lane more. I actually thought normal was too much and thought about putting it on low.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JoeSpeed & OP, this is just one example of the many nannies in your car that keeps track of you. Speeds, how hard you accelerate/brake, sharp steering movements, and what safety features one disables, which radio stations you listen too, did you have your phone in your hand when you hit another car, etc, etc, etc are all monitored by your car and reported back to the mothership Ford or BMW, Audi, GM, etc. BMW can even tell if you load a tune onto your car and then remove it. I suspect they can even tell what octane gas one runs. What about that front facing camera and that red light you unintentionally ran. Is that recorded? Who knows.

What and how much information is collected, used, and probably sold can be a big invasion of privacy. To me, it's all a bit disconcerting.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How often do you drift out of your lane? đź‘€
Lol i was just testing it to see what would happen if I were to fall asleep or something. I've never driven a vehicle more attentively than this Bronco, but I still test it every other time I drive for some reason. My wife's Hyundai has amazing lane keep and literally drives itself around corners and everything. I usually keep it off unless I'm a little tired and we are on a long drive but thankfully have never actually needed it.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol i was just testing it to see what would happen if I were to fall asleep or something. I've never driven a vehicle more attentively than this Bronco, but I still test it every other time I drive for some reason. My wife's Hyundai has amazing lane keep and literally drives itself around corners and everything. I usually keep it off unless I'm a little tired and we are on a long drive but thankfully have never actually needed it.
Yeah, the Bronco definitely has the "half-assed" version of lane keep assist.
Sponsored