Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cutting off the whole sub assembly and removing the entire front crash bar would further degrade the performance
Fractionally. Any risk will be offset by some big meaty 37s...
Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fractionally. Any risk will be offset by some big meaty 37s...
Thats your opinion and choice, the big meaty 37's weigh how much more ?
More mass moving towards the cab is reason the crash bar is there

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats your opinion and choice, the big meaty 37's weigh how much more ?
More mass moving towards the cab is reason the crash bar is there
Ford seemed fine removing them for the 35s.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford seemed fine removing them for the 35s.
That was not whole thing, only the bolt on extensions. The front still has a substantial piece, the rear is smaller but still there

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@mike8675309 I know the design of the frame. My company builds every 6g bronco frame. Lays down every weld. Stamps almost every piece of steel in the frame. Yeah I know what I'm talking about. Not everyone on here posts just to be an asshole, plenty actually have knowledge that is helpful to the group. That is the point of the forum, to be helpful. . Before you make assumptions what I or other contribute, maybe ask - I'm definitely not sitting my garage lol.

I'm not picking fights - I even said I like the kit. I'm pointing out in a friendly manner that there are risks. If I told you how many hours Ford and our company spent getting the bracket to perform and meet the standards you would never believe it. That is why I posted, the crash bar may seem pointless, but it has a very real safety design. My point was pretty clear - removing brackets comes with risks. IF you are OK with the risk, buy the kit.
Fantastic info. Thanks for sharing. Auto companies sweat do many details we never see or think about. It's the whole, "you don't even know what you don't know".

Be careful you don't violate an NDA!

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bruno if you're that worried you can model it in Autodesk Fusion and then stress it.

But fun fact: plate isn't always the the strongest. Placing stratigic holes not only reduces overall weight but also allows for stressors to be placed from multiple forces and directions.
Was about to say the same thing.

Discusman68

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis Bates
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love the finished look!!!

QUOTE="Weekends & Waypoints, post: 2028142, member: 48288"]
Hey guys!

The mods continue! If you're like me and added a aftermarket front bumper or are running 37s+, you have a strictly hate relationship with the crash bar/ body mounts hanging off the front of your Bronco. It will be the cause of rubbing at full lock and ruin the look of your new high clearance bumper. There are a few options on the market to delete this crash bar mount and all of them will look nice when completed, but only Lobo Off-road's Erase & Brace Kit gives everything you want in a single kit. If you're going through all the effort of cutting an extension of your frame, you will want to do it right the first time.

The kit will not only give you a way to delete the ugly crash bar so you can easily run larger tires without rubbing, but it also braces the weak front end frame horns/ bumper mounts. It does that by extending up into the back side of your frame horns to backup and support them from flexing under load. I've seen first hand on the trail, bumpers flex while using recovery points. Especially in the upward direction, rotating the bumper toward your grille. This kit will definitely improve bumper strength. Ultimately giving peace of mind when using recovery points/winches.

The second thing this kit prevents is lowering your front skid plate. The other popular option will utilize the skid/intercooler mounting location. Doing so will lower your front skid down towards the ground, giving you less approach angle and potentially miss-alignment of aftermarket skid/bumper combos that utilize that location.

The install took about 3 hours start to finish and can be completed on a flat surface with a jack and jack stands. It does required you to permanently cut off the crash bar extension from your frame. So if you are worried about a unlikely frame warranty, you might want to just live with the eye sore. I would actually be curious if anyone here would know if removing the crash bar could affect a frame warranty, as it's not a direct structural part? As for the Lobo Off-road kit, it seems very well thought out and stout. It sandwiches the frame on both sides using impressive 10.9 hardware through the frame in multiple locations, with the option to add more.

Overall, Im happy with the result and I'm glad I used this kit after comparing it with with my buddy who used the other popular option. It's a win-win kit that solves a lot of issues. Once again Lobo taking it to the next level and providing well thought out products that put functionality first and look cool while doing it. If you want to see my entire install then go check out my YouTube channel! Check out some pictures I got before, during and after!

Before...

P1077438.jpg

What's included.
P1077452.jpg

Crash bar removed, smoothed and painted.
P1077465.jpg

Removed crash bar mount. You can see it's only attached square welded section.
P1077480.jpg

Comparison.
P1077471.jpg

Erase & Brace kit installed.
P1077472.jpg
P1077474.jpg

Inboard bracket
P1077475.jpg

Finished Product.
P1077492.jpg
P1077506.jpg

[/QUOTE]