Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey guys!

The mods continue! If you're like me and added a aftermarket front bumper or are running 37s+, you have a strictly hate relationship with the crash bar/ body mounts hanging off the front of your Bronco. It will be the cause of rubbing at full lock and ruin the look of your new high clearance bumper. There are a few options on the market to delete this crash bar mount and all of them will look nice when completed, but only Lobo Off-road's Erase & Brace Kit gives everything you want in a single kit. If you're going through all the effort of cutting an extension of your frame, you will want to do it right the first time.

The kit will not only give you a way to delete the ugly crash bar so you can easily run larger tires without rubbing, but it also braces the weak front end frame horns/ bumper mounts. It does that by extending up into the back side of your frame horns to backup and support them from flexing under load. I've seen first hand on the trail, bumpers flex while using recovery points. Especially in the upward direction, rotating the bumper toward your grille. This kit will definitely improve bumper strength. Ultimately giving peace of mind when using recovery points/winches.

The second thing this kit prevents is lowering your front skid plate. The other popular option will utilize the skid/intercooler mounting location. Doing so will lower your front skid down towards the ground, giving you less approach angle and potentially miss-alignment of aftermarket skid/bumper combos that utilize that location.

The install took about 3 hours start to finish and can be completed on a flat surface with a jack and jack stands. It does required you to permanently cut off the crash bar extension from your frame. So if you are worried about a unlikely frame warranty, you might want to just live with the eye sore. I would actually be curious if anyone here would know if removing the crash bar could affect a frame warranty, as it's not a direct structural part? As for the Lobo Off-road kit, it seems very well thought out and stout. It sandwiches the frame on both sides using impressive 10.9 hardware through the frame in multiple locations, with the option to add more.

Overall, Im happy with the result and I'm glad I used this kit after comparing it with with my buddy who used the other popular option. It's a win-win kit that solves a lot of issues. Once again Lobo taking it to the next level and providing well thought out products that put functionality first and look cool while doing it. If you want to see my entire install then go check out my YouTube channel! Check out some pictures I got before, during and after!

Before...

Ford Bronco You Can Delete Crash Bar And Add Strength! - LOBO Off-Road Crash Bar Erase & Brace Kit Install Photos & Review P1077438

What's included.
Ford Bronco You Can Delete Crash Bar And Add Strength! - LOBO Off-Road Crash Bar Erase & Brace Kit Install Photos & Review P1077452

Crash bar removed, smoothed and painted.
Ford Bronco You Can Delete Crash Bar And Add Strength! - LOBO Off-Road Crash Bar Erase & Brace Kit Install Photos & Review P1077465

Removed crash bar mount. You can see it's only attached square welded section.
Ford Bronco You Can Delete Crash Bar And Add Strength! - LOBO Off-Road Crash Bar Erase & Brace Kit Install Photos & Review P1077480

Comparison.
Ford Bronco You Can Delete Crash Bar And Add Strength! - LOBO Off-Road Crash Bar Erase & Brace Kit Install Photos & Review P1077471

Erase & Brace kit installed.
Ford Bronco You Can Delete Crash Bar And Add Strength! - LOBO Off-Road Crash Bar Erase & Brace Kit Install Photos & Review P1077472
Ford Bronco You Can Delete Crash Bar And Add Strength! - LOBO Off-Road Crash Bar Erase & Brace Kit Install Photos & Review P1077474

Inboard bracket
Ford Bronco You Can Delete Crash Bar And Add Strength! - LOBO Off-Road Crash Bar Erase & Brace Kit Install Photos & Review P1077475

Finished Product.
Ford Bronco You Can Delete Crash Bar And Add Strength! - LOBO Off-Road Crash Bar Erase & Brace Kit Install Photos & Review P1077492
Ford Bronco You Can Delete Crash Bar And Add Strength! - LOBO Off-Road Crash Bar Erase & Brace Kit Install Photos & Review P1077506
Sponsored

OP
OP
Weekends & Waypoints

Weekends & Waypoints

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If it wasn't full of holes, it would be stronger
After installing it, the holes are definitely needed for bolt access. It would be impossible to get access to every bolt/nuts without them. Honestly I don’t think it’s losing much by adding the lightning/access holes. Roll cages aren’t boxed and they are extremely strong…

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is there cutting required for sasquatch vehicles which had the forward crash bars deleted at the factory?

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good work Corbin! I need to get a set of those. My ICON bumper reveals those dumb crash bar mounts too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Weekends & Waypoints

Weekends & Waypoints

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
is there cutting required for sasquatch vehicles which had the forward crash bars deleted at the factory?
This part of the crash bar is the same for Sasquatch and Non-Sas. Ford just removed the bar that extends out from this on the Sas.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After installing it, the holes are definitely needed for bolt access. It would be impossible to get access to every bolt/nuts without them. Honestly I don’t think it’s losing much by adding the lightning/access holes. Roll cages aren’t boxed and they are extremely strong…
thanks - yea, it just looks like the holes are designed for style not function. I get the access thing.... but still, seems like the function could be the focus

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great solution, love the thoughtfulness that went into the design.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

thanks - yea, it just looks like the holes are designed for style not function. I get the access thing.... but still, seems like the function could be the focus
This thing already looks stronger than any of the other bumper brace kits I've seen, while also deleting the crash bar horns. If it can do that without adding unnecessary weight AND looking cool I'm in favor of that. I work for one of their competitors but I appreciate thoughtful design like this rather than just making everything heavy AF.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This thing already looks stronger than any of the other bumper brace kits I've seen, while also deleting the crash bar horns. If it can do that without adding unnecessary weight AND looking cool I'm in favor of that. I work for one of their competitors but I appreciate thoughtful design like this rather than just making everything heavy AF.
thats one function I would sacrifice a few ounces for.
most people wanting this are installing heavy af steel bumpers with unnecessary winches....

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey guys!

The mods continue! If you're like me and added a aftermarket front bumper or are running 37s+, you have a strictly hate relationship with the crash bar/ body mounts hanging off the front of your Bronco. It will be the cause of rubbing at full lock and ruin the look of your new high clearance bumper. There are a few options on the market to delete this crash bar mount and all of them will look nice when completed, but only Lobo Off-road's Erase & Brace Kit gives everything you want in a single kit. If you're going through all the effort of cutting an extension of your frame, you will want to do it right the first time.

The kit will not only give you a way to delete the ugly crash bar so you can easily run larger tires without rubbing, but it also braces the weak front end frame horns/ bumper mounts. It does that by extending up into the back side of your frame horns to backup and support them from flexing under load. I've seen first hand on the trail, bumpers flex while using recovery points. Especially in the upward direction, rotating the bumper toward your grille. This kit will definitely improve bumper strength. Ultimately giving peace of mind when using recovery points/winches.

The second thing this kit prevents is lowering your front skid plate. The other popular option will utilize the skid/intercooler mounting location. Doing so will lower your front skid down towards the ground, giving you less approach angle and potentially miss-alignment of aftermarket skid/bumper combos that utilize that location.

The install took about 3 hours start to finish and can be completed on a flat surface with a jack and jack stands. It does required you to permanently cut off the crash bar extension from your frame. So if you are worried about a unlikely frame warranty, you might want to just live with the eye sore. I would actually be curious if anyone here would know if removing the crash bar could affect a frame warranty, as it's not a direct structural part? As for the Lobo Off-road kit, it seems very well thought out and stout. It sandwiches the frame on both sides using impressive 10.9 hardware through the frame in multiple locations, with the option to add more.

Overall, Im happy with the result and I'm glad I used this kit after comparing it with with my buddy who used the other popular option. It's a win-win kit that solves a lot of issues. Once again Lobo taking it to the next level and providing well thought out products that put functionality first and look cool while doing it. If you want to see my entire install then go check out my YouTube channel! Check out some pictures I got before, during and after!

Before...

Ford Bronco You Can Delete Crash Bar And Add Strength! - LOBO Off-Road Crash Bar Erase & Brace Kit Install Photos & Review P1077506

What's included.

Crash bar removed, smoothed and painted.

Removed crash bar mount. You can see it's only attached square welded section.

Comparison.

Erase & Brace kit installed.

Inboard bracket

Finished Product.
I have a set of them sitting in my office. Planning on doing it when the weather gets cooler here in Texas.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

thats one function I would sacrifice a few ounces for.
most people wanting this are installing heavy af steel bumpers with unnecessary winches....
My point was that I don't believe you are sacrificing any "function," or that its negligible at most. You could make it as heavy as you want but there is such a thing as diminishing returns. I guess we'll just have to disagree on that.

Last edited:

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it wasn't full of holes, it would be stronger

Bruno if you're that worried you can model it in Autodesk Fusion and then stress it.

But fun fact: plate isn't always the the strongest. Placing stratigic holes not only reduces overall weight but also allows for stressors to be placed from multiple forces and directions.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bruno if you're that worried you can model it in Autodesk Fusion and then stress it.

But fun fact: plate isn't always the the strongest. Placing stratigic holes not only reduces overall weight but also allows for stressors to be placed from multiple forces and directions.
I'm going out on a limb and suggest that Bruno does't have Autodesk let alone the capacity to understand finite stress analysis.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going out on a limb and suggest that Bruno does't have Autodesk let alone the capacity to understand finite stress analysis.
Probably not, but he can learn how to on Brilliant. And even if he doesn't watch some lectures on it, there's always hope that whoever reads this exchange learns a bit of engineering.
Sponsored