First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice clean cuts! Did you use a grinder or saw.
Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at the piece that was cutoff you can see marks that he definitely used a sawzall. He probably grinded the frame a little bit with a flapper wheel before painting.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Two things, what is the price point? Need to see if this would interfere with my RC Hidden Winch? Appears to add some structural support while removing an obstruction.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Things that jump out to me that folks might want to consider;
1) The cost! 500 hundy is a lot for this kit
2) This most definitely voids the frame warranty, this may not be any concern for off-road users. On-road is different as the crash bars are there for a reason - federal crash standards so
user beware!
3)Looking thru the instructions there are no torque specs - when tightening the bolts running
thru the frame rails, overtightening the hardware could start the collapse/deformation of the horn. My gut says if this kit had an engineers stamp on it there would be torque specs. Early collapse will change the crash characteristics. Maybe a nothin burger - maybe not

I'm not trying to dump on this kit - it's nice to have vendors working on solutions, but some do carry more risk than others. Whenever you modify the frame and alter body mounts, there is risk.
I like the idea of the kit but would definitely be asking questions from the manufacturer before I order

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Very interesting aesthetic option. I too would be concerned about reduction in crash performance/safety. Offset frontal is the hardest test to do well on and one of the most dangerous. This surely affects safety in such a crash.

On the flip side, do I understand that some Broncos are entirely missing this frame component? Begs the question as to why it's needed on some models but not others.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bruno if you're that worried you can model it in Autodesk Fusion and then stress it.

But fun fact: plate isn't always the the strongest. Placing stratigic holes not only reduces overall weight but also allows for stressors to be placed from multiple forces and directions.
but they are not triangulated

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going out on a limb and suggest that Bruno does't have Autodesk let alone the capacity to understand finite stress analysis.
I only work in 3DMax & Autocad, which doesnt do stress analysis, it only makes beautiful things. This is something IMO that doesnt need to be beautiful. It needs to be designed with function in mind first. Yes, including holes for access - but it looks like it is over-stylised for no apparent reason and appears to be potentially weaker becasue of that.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like it! Looks strong and practical.

OP
OP
Weekends & Waypoints

Weekends & Waypoints

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Things that jump out to me that folks might want to consider;
1) The cost! 500 hundy is a lot for this kit
2) This most definitely voids the frame warranty, this may not be any concern for off-road users. On-road is different as the crash bars are there for a reason - federal crash standards so
user beware!
3)Looking thru the instructions there are no torque specs - when tightening the bolts running
thru the frame rails, overtightening the hardware could start the collapse/deformation of the horn. My gut says if this kit had an engineers stamp on it there would be torque specs. Early collapse will change the crash characteristics. Maybe a nothin burger - maybe not

I'm not trying to dump on this kit - it's nice to have vendors working on solutions, but some do carry more risk than others. Whenever you modify the frame and alter body mounts, there is risk.
I like the idea of the kit but would definitely be asking questions from the manufacturer before I order
1) Price is definitely based on opinion. I personally think it’s pretty close to fair. There is a frame horn brace and crash bar delete that you can buy separately and they are pretty close to this price together. This is a all-in-one complete kit.
2) Your right that this probably changes crash characteristics, but so does any aftermarket bumper.
3) The instructions do include torque specifications. There is also a cross section that extends through the frame in the same area as this kit. It would be very difficult to deform the frame in my opinion.

Just my opinion on your concerns
Ford Bronco You Can Delete Crash Bar And Add Strength! - LOBO Off-Road Crash Bar Erase & Brace Kit Install Photos & Review 91272C09-CF64-42F8-933E-6CF3D4C2584B

Sponsored

Old Duck

Base
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it wasn't full of holes, it would be stronger
Bruno, you seem to be taking a personal dislike for this product. I'm curious, Where did you receive your mechanical engineering degree?

As an Aerospace Inspector, and as a Bronco owner looking for this exact type of product, I am curious about where you are getting your information. From what I can see in the photos this is a very well thought out design. This is not a very high-stress area, on the top I believe it just supports the radiator shroud/forward body mount, and going forward it adds strength to the bumper mount.

I just can't see the need for a fully boxed-in structure here. I'm pretty sure I would prefer the less weight choice.

IMG_2667.JPG

OP
OP
Weekends & Waypoints

Weekends & Waypoints

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Reciprocating saw with a metal blade. Used a flap disk grinder to smooth out.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

but they are not triangulated
Bruno they don't have to be triangles (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "triangulated" in order to meet the requirements. In fact sharp points are locations of stress points, so even if they were triangle shaped the points would all need to be rounded

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bruno they don't have to be triangles (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "triangulated" in order to meet the requirements. In fact sharp points are locations of stress points, so even if they were triangle shaped the points would all need to be rounded
thanks for the education - yes obv rounded points. I guess I wish the whole thing was more filled in - in general. nSeems like its covered with big openings for style only and you barely see this. my gut tells me it would perform better if it was as solid as possible minus the access holes. Im not suggesting "plate steel" . I also think all those welds will just snap as opposed to deform, I think you could breakform more of this if a small / scaleable brake was used. I think I see alot of performance limitations based on style choices and fabrication capabilities

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably not, but he can learn how to on Brilliant. And even if he doesn't watch some lectures on it, there's always hope that whoever reads this exchange learns a bit of engineering.
to do so you will also need the material strength of the steel ford uses
Sponsored