Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, here's my dilemma.. I've got a day 3 (7/15) reservation at a very small dealer. They were originally told they'd get 2 bronco allocations, one being a loaner and then mine. I have a history with this dealer and selected them so they wouldn't play games refusing my z-plan (provided it was accepted) and trying to charge MSRP, fees, etc.

My family member that was able to get the z-plan pin got it for me back on 7/29. Unfortunately they passed away from covid and I cannot get another pin. In light of this, I don't want this pin to goto waste.. it was sort of a gift to me and I want to honor it by ensuring it's used on a bronco.

So.. here's the question: if delivery doesn't start until "early June".. there is now a chance that I may not take delivery by 7/29/21 before the pin expires. Do I proactively switch to an alternate dealer like Stephens to ensure if the pin expires, my alternative is $1k under invoice? Stephens is only an additional hour or so further way than my original dealer. It looks like I have until 1/31/21 now to make the decision. What would y'all do?
Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Switch makes sense. It would be an insurance policy at the least.

FrogGrabber

Black Diamond
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: 2012 Wrangler, 2015 JKUR, ā€˜70 Jeepster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd see if you can lock in your Z-plan pricing with the dealer (use the pin) prior to delivery. They may be able to do something like that. I have ordered Jeeps in the past, and I received a "golden ticket (as it's called in Jeep-dom)" between order and delivery. Even though we had agreed on a price, they let me use that extra $500 off coupon. They may be able to process your purchase prior to delivery. All speculation on my part, but worth asking this dealer you have a relationship with. It's also possible Ford may be empathetic to your cause and extend the expiration? Good luck.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

for 1 hour further away - as switch makes a lot of sense.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not talk to your dealer and get them to honor the pin at time of order? If they canā€™t guarantee that in writing, switch.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First off, sorry for your loss.

That is a tough call but I would switch. Your family member would not want you to end up paying more money just because you were intending to use the Z-plan and it not work out.

Jmh745

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 F-150, ā€˜20 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
when I ordered my truck with A-plan, Iā€™m pretty sure I provided the pin at the time of order. If the bronco order is the same, you would be providing the pin in Dec/Jan. Not next summer. However, this was almost 5 years ago...so it might have changed

OP
OP

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd see if you can lock in your Z-plan pricing with the dealer (use the pin) prior to delivery. They may be able to do something like that. I have ordered Jeeps in the past, and I received a "golden ticket (as it's called in Jeep-dom)" between order and delivery. Even though we had agreed on a price, they let me use that extra $500 off coupon. They may be able to process your purchase prior to delivery. All speculation on my part, but worth asking this dealer you have a relationship with. It's also possible Ford may be empathetic to your cause and extend the expiration? Good luck.
Yep. this is my initial thought.
when I ordered my truck with A-plan, Iā€™m pretty sure I provided the pin at the time of order. If the bronco order is the same, you would be providing the pin in Dec/Jan. Not next summer. However, this was almost 5 years ago...so it might have changed
Yep, im going to talk w/ original dealer first.. they've helped me wiggle a bit in the past to get rebates, etc on top of z-plan, but wouldn't go as far as inputting fake dates, etc. I do recall being worried about delivery dates when I ordered in the past, as rebates expired and if the vehicle didn't show up on the truck, i'd lose my rebate. I've never sat on a PIN this long, so I honestly don't remember when it gets inputted.. either at the order point, or delivery point.

The small volume, 2-bronco limit is what has me worried now that it might push it even further past my pin expiration. But i'm ok if the PIN is input at time of order. I'm going to chat w/ both my current dealer and Stephens this week.

btw.. thanks for the kind words.

OP
OP

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just spoke with another dealer and he confirmed the same.. that the PIN goes in at the time of order. still not 100% sure if that is when it is officially 'redeemed', but hoping so. We'll see if the order window ever opens :)

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry about your loss.

I have never ordered a vehicle via reservations like this... so not sure the process is different than a normal order.

When I ordered my Mustang in '07 I gave my PIN only when I was completing the financing piece... again not sure if the Bronco will be different. Maybe at time of order the price will be locked in? Which if this is the case then A/Z Plan PINs would be needed.

If it has to be later then maybe there is some wiggle room during the transit from factory to dealership?

Good luck
Sponsored