First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dead spot? Like skipping a tooth or power steering cuts out?

Check the connection by the upper a arm that they pull to do control arms.
It was user error on my side. I put the screw in the wrong side.

Should be all good now after an alignment.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dead spot? Like skipping a tooth or power steering cuts out?

Check the connection by the upper a arm that they pull to do control arms.
It felt like slack right at first as you turned the wheel in either direction. Basically, like if the cross screw on the column that tightens onto the post coming out of the rack wasn't there. It was an easy fix but a little mystifying, since the cross screw was installed just in the wrong direction. A real head scratcher. lol

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What price are you all seeing? looking around I just found this:
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 1699200259594

Right after this found several for $838

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What price are you all seeing? looking around I just found this:
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 1699200259594

Right after this found several for $838
Post link for the $838.00.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does that part number include both inner and outer tie rods and boots, full assembly? Or just the rack? I was looking online and got confused. What is difference between the -M and -N?

Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Post link for the $838.00.
LOL first one i clicked on wanted $400 minimum shipping. So you'd have to do a lot of comparison... i'm going to shop around (including my local dealers) and see who is cheapest. I'd like to plan to have this for our winter shutdown.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does that part number include both inner and outer tie rods and boots, full assembly?
That is my understanding, I'd do the leg work on making sure pre shipping.

GomezK6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 04' Subaru WRX STI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dudes I desperately need your help. I installed a HOSSS 3.0 steering rack into my 2022 BL 2.3 M/T, install no problem at all 0 issues following @rtaylor instructions. I open up FORscan and I get U0131:87 Code on the BCM, and in the config tab there is no PSCM listed. I open up FDRS connect and I get U0131:87 Lost connection With Power Steering Control Module "A" from BCM, ABS, and IPMA. I even disconnected the new 3.0 rack and plugged in my old one and I still get the same error messages and faults. I dont know where I need to go in order to either reset, reconfigure, or establish a connection between the PSCM and the ECU. What am I missing?

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT not readi
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT Full error FDRS
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 2nd Comm error

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know nothing: however I would start at programming Square one and walk back through each step after double checking all electrical connections.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dudes I desperately need your help. I installed a HOSSS 3.0 steering rack into my 2022 BL 2.3 M/T, install no problem at all 0 issues following @rtaylor instructions. I open up FORscan and I get U0131:87 Code on the BCM, and in the config tab there is no PSCM listed. I open up FDRS connect and I get U0131:87 Lost connection With Power Steering Control Module "A" from BCM, ABS, and IPMA. I even disconnected the new 3.0 rack and plugged in my old one and I still get the same error messages and faults. I don't know where I need to go in order to either reset, reconfigure, or establish a connection between the PSCM and the ECU. What am I missing?
A few thoughts:
  • check that both connectors are fully seated. battery ground disconnected when plugging/unplugging.
  • 10A charger attached to maintain voltage
  • when using Forscan, don't use saved configuration (force full re-scan for modules)
  • try to clear the DTCs using Forscan? It may not clear itself even after PS is OK.
  • Reset ABS using Forscan? Maybe also reset BCM, if that is an option.
  • try disconnecting the battery, leaving for a long while, then reconnecting for fresh boot.
  • maybe try updating all modules in system to latest version using FDRS
Good luck!

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the PSCM is grey it's not reading, you will need to troubleshoot the connection. Check the pins in the connector on the back of the steering rack motor. Make sure you didn't pinch any wires.

What Vin did you use? All 2023 Wildtrak vins seamed to check out.

GomezK6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 04' Subaru WRX STI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few thoughts:
  • check that both connectors are fully seated. battery ground disconnected when plugging/unplugging. CHECK
  • 10A charger attached to maintain voltage CHECK
  • when using Forscan, don't use saved configuration (force full re-scan for modules) CHECK
  • try to clear the DTCs using Forscan? It may not clear itself even after PS is OK. DTC's wont Clear using FORscan
  • Reset ABS using Forscan? Maybe also reset BCM, if that is an option.
  • try disconnecting the battery, leaving for a long while, then reconnecting for fresh boot. CHECK, Drained residual stored as well
  • maybe try updating all modules in system to latest version using FDRS. This one made me nervous it gave me a warning that if it screwed up the VIN could be blocked out of some system so I did not proceed.
Good luck!

If the PSCM is grey it's not reading, you will need to troubleshoot the connection. Check the pins in the connector on the back of the steering rack motor. Make sure you didn't pinch any wires.

What Vin did you use? All 2023 Wildtrak vins seamed to check out. Using a 2022 WildTrak VIN

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What Vin did you use? All 2023 Wildtrak vins seamed to check out. Using a 2022 WildTrak VIN
did you do the vin swap 1st?

@Bmadda got a defective rack once...

@mpeugeot might have some advice

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If using a 22 WT vin, you gotta 1st verify that it's a 22.5 and has Hoss 3.0
Sponsored