redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have those same fenders! Impossible without 5-6” lift. Even advanced fibber glass concepts will tell you that. Whoever told you 0 lift is crazy

I guess you could say no one actually said those words however you can judge for yourself. When ADV posted this on IG, I asked if lifted because you can see the yellows nd the response was " they will be putting suspension on it". So I took that as no lift. But seeing you say this maybe it meant spacers but will be doing suspension, but it does not say that. So sorry for being CRAZY. It was just my interpretation of what was coming from the source. I don't have the luxury of having a bronco to try stuff on like you do .........yet.

Ford Bronco Bronc Buster AKA “broken Bronco” running 40’s on 2” lift 1637232985193

Last edited:

kkurni

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How and where to get that hood scoop?

Sponsored

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Which Monster Jam event is this thing debuting at?
Yeah, my thought exactly. This is definitely starting to verge on monster truck territory!

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
With you about the looks of the 4d. The proportions are just wrong, but the 2d gets it right. You lost me when you said the Jeep looks 10x better though…🤨.
Yeah I definitely have to see the 2 door Sasquatch Bronco in person before I can really make that judgment. I just have the 4 door stuck in my head on 32 inch tires and that's what I really ment about the 2 door Jeep looking 10x better.

Anyone in Pennsylvania with a 2 door Bronco Sasquatch package I can see? I'm dead serious. It might stop me from canceling my order.

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 m240i Convertible, 2021 Bronco (pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crash bars removed. Doesn’t affect any safety
Eh, you're probably right - occupant crash protection is for the weak anyhow.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This type of mod is like showing up to party with a hot chick. They guys will give you props, but the girls know she's been around.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tons of challenges to make this happen. I commend you for going for it. People like you make the world a more interesting place!

This is not meant to sound negative in any way, just commenting: I really wanted to go for 40s on my Bronco but the IFS pretty much stopped me in my tracks. It's just not beefy enough up front, would require a solid axle (probably a ton) and the rear would need to be bulked up as well. Penciling it all out it just didn't make sense to go for it.

It made me realize the Bronco is never quite going to contend with the Jeep on the "extreme" end of the crawling spectrum. This platform isn't customizable to the extreme that a Jeep has become. It's not designed to grow to the sizes Jeeps can. It's not able to quite do what Jeeps can do... again, on the extreme end of the spectrum, which few of us will ever visit. Myself included.

You can get a Jeep up on 40s. It will take some real doing, it's not an easy road either, but it's a documented, predictable path with predictably solid results. And 40s on a 4-door JK or JL is not at all uncommon, and a very solid crawling build... quite a few of those serious rigs out there. They're always going to eat the Bronco's lunch.

It is for all of these reasons the Jeep isn't going to be unseated as the reigning wheeling champion of the world anytime soon, least of all by the Bronco, but can the Bronco compete hard right up to the 90% mark... absolutely.

Would love to see where you go with this. Thanks again for being willing to push ahead. You are forging a trail here, and I think it's awesome. Best of luck to you.

-JC
Plenty of videos showing Bronco at least as formidable as the jeep in the rocks. Bronco is killing it everywhere else. How do you make a claim like that on a vehicle that can only wheel under 15mph? There is a lot more to "wheeling" than rocks and the Bronco is holding its own in that arena. People are using the tie rod excuse now, but plenty of jeeps bust steering linkages due to exposure. Look up the videos of the white 4 door on here showing the modifies jeeps how it's done. A truly stock jeep couldn't go where a stock Squatch can go and the stocks Squatch is showing the modified jeeps up already.

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There must be lots of newby offroaders now cause when I was a young offroader, all the best trucks were on 38X14.50 swampers w/15X
10 wheels that stuck out 8" and had 10" of lift. Make monster jam jokes all you want but if it weren't for monster truck shows, the industry we know today not exist. These rock crawl rigs everybody loves on 35's and 37's wouldn't make it very far in the mud fields I grew up in.

Cohm0902

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris ohm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2104 Ram 1500 ecodiesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thats the crash bar that is needed to be removed when even running 35s. If you look at any sasquatch package, thats gone already fro. The factory

Probably not the safest mod I've seen - looks like the frame was removed a little below where the body mount attaches.

Ford Bronco Bronc Buster AKA “broken Bronco” running 40’s on 2” lift 1637232985193

Bar that is

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 m240i Convertible, 2021 Bronco (pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats the crash bar that is needed to be removed when even running 35s. If you look at any sasquatch package, thats gone already fro. The factory

Bar that is
What I was pointing out is that he took them off and then continued to cut away additional material. You can see in the pic where the notch appears to undercut the body mount. As long as that's well supported again, it should be fine.

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plenty of videos showing Bronco at least as formidable as the jeep in the rocks. Bronco is killing it everywhere else. How do you make a claim like that on a vehicle that can only wheel under 15mph? There is a lot more to "wheeling" than rocks and the Bronco is holding its own in that arena. People are using the tie rod excuse now, but plenty of jeeps bust steering linkages due to exposure. Look up the videos of the white 4 door on here showing the modifies jeeps how it's done. A truly stock jeep couldn't go where a stock Squatch can go and the stocks Squatch is showing the modified jeeps up already.
Okay, I hear you. Let me give a friendly rant and rave for a minute, ok?

Look, I own a Bronco and want the vehicle to be great. I do like the truck. I've got plans to get it up on 37s with the appropriate lift as the market matures, and a good winch mounted up front, probably on an aftermarket aluminum front bumper of some kind. Then I'll get it plated up for skidding around on rocks out west. That's what I bought this thing for. I like brands like Genright, Teraflex and Dynatrac. The companies who build the mods for people who actually go wheeling.

Rock crawling is sort of my thing. It also represents the edge of the performance envelope for a 4x4 vehicle. It's also something most owners of either brand will never do so it's usually a theoretical discussion from afar. But for me, it's not theoretical. I buy and modify these vehicles to wheel them. I didn't spend that money or go to that all that trouble to drive on the occasional dirt road with a few rocks to skitter over here and there. I spend money on quality mods which can take serious abuse. I've taco'd a few tie rods so I run Yeti. I've busted up my steering to the point that I put a JK Dana 44 with PSC hydro in and run dual ARB air lockers. I'm not saying all that to brag or "flex," as they say nowadays, I'm just pointing out that I've tried products that break, and when they break I get better ones.

So I can tell you without reservation that if you do this kind of wheeling, which isn't even the extreme rock crawling you see out there on YouTube with builds like GridLoc and Mischief Maker (or any of the Rock Star Garage builds for that matter), and you want to see just how far you can go with either, the Bronco isn't going to be able to follow the equivalent Jeep Wrangler just anywhere. Sorry, but it's just not going to happen. The Bronco doesn't have the articulation, the flex, the ability to plant the skins on the rocks the way the Wrangler does. Is it a great truck that can do almost everything the Wrangler can? Yes. But it's an "*almost" and always will be unless you go to the extremes of ripping the suspension off the Bronco and going solid again which sort of defeats the whole point of the Bronco. Can the Bronco be a better Overlander... sure, and in fact it probably is out of the gates. But lots of vehicles can "overland." To me that's driving distance with some light wheeling bringing an extensive camping setup. It's very cool and I like it from afar, but it's not my thing. I enjoy pushing the vehicles to their limits. That's closer to off-road RV stuff, to me.

I get that the Bronco community is mostly new to wheeling and they're learning by the day. That's great. But the opinion that the Bronco is ready to keep up with the Wrangler... come on. It's at the 90% mark, which is more than most of y'all will ever need. But don't mistake what the Wrangler can do on the edges of the performance envelope compared to the Bronco.
Sponsored