Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you posted this I thought that I had missed a button above the console, but it turns out that light is so useless that I didn’t even notice it was turning on when I pressed these buttons.
True. It’s not the brightest bulb in the box but better than nothing.
Sponsored

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Brakes are mushy? Never driven a 5th gen 4Runner I see. Good Lord that thing was hard to brake and it nosedived like drunk college kid. Bronco brakes are a HUGE upgrade from that.
You are correct, never driven one of those. Closest is a 2006 highlander hybrid, also very mushy.

cksov1

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Mazda Miata, Dune Buggy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there a standard outlet in the bronco. I swear I saw one early when ordering but I can’t find any info on it for the life of me.
There is on my OBX Lux 4 door. It's on the rear of the center console. I have no idea if it is the same on other trims/packages.

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quirks/complaints:
1. Wish rear cargo floor was flat.
2. Android Auto just kinda sucks and feels useless to me(Never used it before this FYI) Text alerts are only viewable on the Android Auto tab, not whichever screen you're on, making it even more hands on. Straight Bluetooth works great. Uninstalled.
3. Roof is creaky depending on the weather. Warm vs cold etc.
4. FM reception is way worse with a stubby antenna vs stock whip. I get it....but some stations dropped out altogether.
6. Not a quirk but a defect....my roof leaks from the A pillar and airbag. Winter now so waiting until Spring. That's also what my warranty is for so whatever.
7. Dirt/mud/snow hitting lower body from tires. Will have to add some 3M film.
8. MIC roof scratches easily from snow brush with plastic scraper. Hard to stick to *just* the windows when its freezing and the truck is covered in snow. Hopefully the scratch will maybe wipe or scrub away at some point?
Otherwise I absolutely love it. Would totally do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the minute I read your complaint about the wiper controls I knew you drove a VAG product lol…I’ve mostly driven VW, Audi or Porsches for the entirety of my life…im Just so used to having a separate wiper stalk (and cruise control and turn signal

I have no idea how to use the wipers on this thing. Thankfully I live in the desert and rarely need them.

I will say, I don’t like how easy it is to move the stalk on this thing. I’ve accidentally put on the turn signal just while turning the steering wheel. On the Porsches I have the stalks are more firm but weirdly lighter at the same time. I much prefer that application than this one.
On my ‘88 911 the cruise control stalk is behind the wiper stalk. Lost count on how many times I’ve swiped my windshield instead of bumping the cruise control up.

Sponsored

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On my ‘88 911 the cruise control stalk is behind the wiper stalk. Lost count on how many times I’ve swiped my windshield instead of bumping the cruise control up.
Haha yeah that isn't a great setup... they've moved that since the 80's. I have a 2014 Cayman and a 2016 Macan. On both of them you have a turn signal stalk on the top left and a cruise control stalk on the bottom left. Then on the top right you have the wiper stalk. If you're driving at the 10-2 position, you don't even have to remove your hands from the steering wheel to operate the turn signal and wiper stalks.

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You are correct, never driven one of those. Closest is a 2006 highlander hybrid, also very mushy.
To me, the Bronco's brakes feel about the same as our '10 Fusion, which is to say kinda mushy compared to the '18 Escape we traded in. I'm used to it now after almost 500 miles.

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Brakes are mushy? Never driven a 5th gen 4Runner I see. Good Lord that thing was hard to brake and it nosedived like drunk college kid. Bronco brakes are a HUGE upgrade from that.
Brakes are definitely more mushy feeling than on the 2014 Touareg this thing replaced in my garage. I can't figure out if its the brakes which are actually more mushy or just more travel in the suspension making it feel that way, but either way, its been an adjustment for me. I'm not used to driving more utilitarian SUVs or trucks... this thing drives more like a truck than anything else I have.

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brakes are definitely more mushy feeling than on the 2014 Touareg this thing replaced in my garage. I can't figure out if its the brakes which are actually more mushy or just more travel in the suspension making it feel that way, but either way, its been an adjustment for me. I'm not used to driving more utilitarian SUVs or trucks... this thing drives more like a truck than anything else I have.
It's also near 5000 LBS which is more than that VW.

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's also near 5000 LBS which is more than that VW.
The curb weight on the 2014 Touareg was 4700 - 4900 lbs.

The Touareg is a beast of an SUV. I believe it even has a higher towing capacity than the F150

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The curb weight on the 2014 Touareg was 4700 - 4900 lbs.

The Touareg is a beast of an SUV. I believe it even has a higher towing capacity than the F150
I stand corrected. They're both giant beasts :p

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Quirks/complaints:
1. Wish rear cargo floor was flat.
2. Android Auto just kinda sucks and feels useless to me(Never used it before this FYI) Text alerts are only viewable on the Android Auto tab, not whichever screen you're on, making it even more hands on. Straight Bluetooth works great. Uninstalled.
3. Roof is creaky depending on the weather. Warm vs cold etc.
4. FM reception is way worse with a stubby antenna vs stock whip. I get it....but some stations dropped out altogether.
6. Not a quirk but a defect....my roof leaks from the A pillar and airbag. Winter now so waiting until Spring. That's also what my warranty is for so whatever.
7. Dirt/mud/snow hitting lower body from tires. Will have to add some 3M film.
8. MIC roof scratches easily from snow brush with plastic scraper. Hard to stick to *just* the windows when its freezing and the truck is covered in snow. Hopefully the scratch will maybe wipe or scrub away at some point?
Otherwise I absolutely love it. Would totally do it all over again in a heartbeat.
Get the brush that's a piece of foam instead of bristles. Best for not scratching your paint or roof. Also, gonna call you out on #4. Can't complain about the antenna when it was your mod lol.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha agreed! It’s not like it’s that serious and it’s totally the shortness of the window. I guess as long as you get your “Cali lean on” to see underneath them, they’re just fine. If I can’t think of anything else for my list, it’s a good problem to have.

4DE6C5CF-1F01-43B8-8ADE-19253D33C1AA.jpeg

3DE41E06-5EBB-47E0-BB9E-194E5FE1077A.jpeg
Lol people act like these things don’t tilt forward. That’s what I did, amazing the things one can accomplish by using their brain!

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone else noticed how difficult the hood is to close/lock? You really have to let that thing fall hard from at least 18" or it does not want to latch. Of course, that is only my experience with dealership demos since I am still waiting for delivery :(
This probably varies between each Bronco and where the rubber stoppers are positioned. I let mine drop from maybe 10-12” high and it closes with a satisfying thud.
Sponsored