Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there are lots of people pissed at Ford and use every little thing to bitch about it,
I know right! These whiny fucking customers that get upset when they're lied to repeatedly, don't receive their ordered product for over 500 days, and get taken advantage of by slimy business partners of the manufacturer.

What a bunch of babies!
Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really doubt I'd be a M.Y 22 build. The Badlands model is the most popular and highest ordered trim with the places I've spoken too so far, and I'm pretty sure Granger has quite a few 2-Dr Badlands orders (with various specs).

Badlands in itself is a constraint, then add in 2-Dr (I don't like the look of 4-Dr), MiC top and that's 3 kicks to the shin right off the bat. Want the Sasquatch package on your Badlands?...that's kick to the shin #4. The modular bumper and 2.7 engine are flicks to the forehead compared to the others.

Which also goes along with why Badlands tend to have a higher ADM on them over what I've seen on the other trims, even if those trims have Sasquatch package.
Gotcha - my build bid also 2 door, and 2.7 engine, but took off the modular bumper and roof rack.

Kbobs21

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Acura MDX tech
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The term reservation should not have been used for this rollout. Using that term makes it we are in a position in a line when in fact the line does not exist. I’ve seen almost my exact build on a dealership website for sale so part constraints can’t be an issue. The same dealership had 20+ Broncos for sale. How is that even possible?

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ADM is everywhere. It just sucks more on the Bronco because buyers were duped into thinking they had price protection...BY FORD...NOT by the dealer network. Price Protection going bye bye is 100% on FORD. Maybe Ford will slap a few dealers on the wrist after the fact, but the buyers who are getting effed are still going to get effed. If you lose your Bronco, do you really give a rip if Ford...pulls a Psaki...and "Circles Back" to reduce that dealers allocation in future months? Meh...I guess it's some justice...but not much.
Except Ford did not dupe anyone. People chose to interpret Ford's holding MSRP at the same level, for 2022 MY, as a guarantee of MSRP. Those same people also chose to ignore Ford, when they told us to negotiate a price with the dealer, before placing orders. Additionally, we knew from day one that some dealers were going to charge ADM. It's been tirelessly discussed, on many hundreds or thousands of threads, every single day since the reservation window opened. How anyone can suggest that Ford duped, us on pricing, is beyond me.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The term reservation should not have been used for this rollout. Using that term makes it we are in a position in a line when in fact the line does not exist. I’ve seen almost my exact build on a dealership website for sale so part constraints can’t be an issue. The same dealership had 20+ Broncos for sale. How is that even possible?
This one is easy. The folks who reserved those trucks walked away because of ridiculous ADMs. It isn't all that difficult to understand why you saw your exact build on a lot, either. It very well may have been an earlier reservation, than yours, that was walked away from.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I call BULLSHIT!
I tend to agree. The only reason for that last line is to get people talking. The dude wants attention, so he throws that mysterious little tidbit in there. Now, he is the important guy who holds the secret.

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Remember your reservation number is priority. "Ford"

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The issue with enforcement is on the window sticker, MSRP or manufacturer's suggested retail price. "Suggested" is the key word. Ford cannot force a dealer to sell at MSRP. In my opinion that would constitute an illegal fair trade issue and could result in lawsuits by dealers. I'm also sure Ford has other options to suggest that charging excessive ADM is harmful to Ford's image and may discuss it with offending stores. It's a tough issue in a capitalist economy. I purchased my BB from a reputable dealer that has a 100 year history. I didn't get a discount but I didn't pay any ADM. In this environment I was quite happy with that. No reflection on dealers that are offering big discounts but if you expect cheap and fast you are just fooling yourself. Allocations are not based on how many orders a dealer picks up but on a formula that takes a lot of things into consideration. In any case the dealer I bought from had several 500 plus day units arrive when mine did and I was by the dealer Ace Ford in NJ that charges stupid amounts of ADM and they also had several units come in marked "retail" from the factory so I think they will get the older orders built and shipped out ASAP.

Last edited:

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The issue with enforcement is on the window sticker, MSRP or manufacturer's suggested retail price. "Suggested" is the key word. Ford cannot force a dealer to sell at MSRP. In my opinion that would constitute an illegal fair trade issue and could result in lawsuits by dealers. I'm also sure Ford has other options to suggest that charging excessive ADM is harmful to Ford's image and may discuss it with offending stores. It's a tough issue in a capitalist economy. I purchased my BB from a reputable dealer that has a 100 year history. I didn't get a discount but I didn't pay any ADM. In this environment I was quite happy with that. No reflection on dealers that are offering big discounts but if you expect cheap and fast you are just fooling yourself. Allocations are not based on how many orders a dealer picks up but on a formula that takes a lot of things into consideration. In any case the dealer I bought from had several 500 plus day units arrive when mine did and I was by the dealer Ace Ford in NJ that charges stupid amounts of ADM and they also had several units come in marked "retail" from the factory so I think they will get the older orders built and shipped out ASAP.
Just remember the msrp pendulum swings both ways. When there's is no shortage of vehicles you can buy them below msrp. When there is a shortage of them, they charge more. So just like in good times, you shop for the best price...

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is one of those "I'll believe it, when I see it" situations in my mind. If Ford penalizes small dealers for selling to many Broncos at a fair price, i.e. Granger, I really can't see them penalizing any mega dealer for the shenangins they pull. The term "follow the money" comes to mind.

To me it really doesn't matter what Ford says they are trying to fix. If they leave their "royal screwing" in place of customers that ordered from Stephens, Granger, and Chapman it won't make a damn to all of those customers. They are still screwed.

Last edited:

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if Gateway Bronco ever got the 125 units that they said they reserved. Ford gives not a rat’s ass. As far as the enthusiast‘s that reserved first day and are still waiting, it’s borderline malicious intent at this point, especially when I see units on lots priced way over MSRP. Bronco rodeo’s and swag would be awesome if the Bronco manufacturing program itself was squared away, it’s not. All of those resources should have been spent elsewhere, places that would have made a difference.

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base

Blitzjb

Banned