Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm wondering if there is a way to rig clips on the inside. Like, drill small holes into the flap to run wire to a clip attached to the inner edge of the flare. It's a good setup but i just can't drill holes into my flares.
I bet you could. Clips were too slippery for my L bracket, but if I had put a little lip on them, a clip could grab it.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bet you could. Clips were too slippery for my L bracket, but if I had put a little lip on them, a clip could grab it.
I don't have a Bronco yet, but been thinking about a way to modify your setup. Hope you don't mind. This is all until someone comes out with a proper setup for the Squatch, of course. Which may be before i even receive my vehicle.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't have a Bronco yet, but been thinking about a way to modify your setup. Hope you don't mind. This is all until someone comes out with a proper setup for the Squatch, of course. Which may be before i even receive my vehicle.
I don't mind at all. All this improves our trucks and experience. I'll let everyone know how these lightweight Ford ones do in heavy snow. I'm wondering if they will tend to hold snow in the bottom lip. The expensive Gators wouldn't...

cincicycles

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plasticolor makes a quality splash guard, they are the only fiberglass reinforced guards on the market so they are very durable. They have Ford logo as well as a couple of different plain black designs, one has a mountain imprint and the other diamond plate. They come in two different sizes, and because I don't have my Bronco yet I don't know which size would be best. They have 9X15 inches for $25/pair, and 11X19 inches for $35. They can be found online at MyCoolCarStuff.com if you want to check them out.

Ford SG.jpg

Off Road SG.jpg

Diamond SG.jpg
I installed some of these today. Took some creativity, but I think it will work well. I pulled 2 of the push pin style holders out of the wheel well liner and replaced with a different style push pin that has the fins on it so it self retains. That plus the self tapping screw into the hollow wheel well barrel worked well. Plus the mountain top design on the flap actually looks great.

3CFC945B-8F75-4329-A548-A26C03D985A6.jpeg

19CAC89B-CFA6-447D-8729-D00D1FE73E1C.jpeg

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great!

Sponsored

Jose_911

Wildtrak
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2021 bronco (400 miles) is covered in rock chips already. Here is a quick video on a easy DIY mud flap to save your paint. Yes Ford has 2 mud flaps available, 1 set does not fit SAS, and the other set is ugly and $500.

Yes these wheels push the tire out 35mm over stock, but majority of my miles were on the stock offset wheels, so it is still something to consider for everyone.

For me my 4wheel rock slider/ running boards stop a lot of the rocks and I can hear the clink when they hit the metal boards. I did swap out wheels and tires and seems like the Goodyears did get more rocks in them.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed some of these today. Took some creativity, but I think it will work well. I pulled 2 of the push pin style holders out of the wheel well liner and replaced with a different style push pin that has the fins on it so it self retains. That plus the self tapping screw into the hollow wheel well barrel worked well. Plus the mountain top design on the flap actually looks great.

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips 19CAC89B-CFA6-447D-8729-D00D1FE73E1C

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips 19CAC89B-CFA6-447D-8729-D00D1FE73E1C
What size did you get? Looks great.

cincicycles

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What size did you get? Looks great.
Thanks! Sorry for the delay, I must have notifications turned off. I used the 11x19 set. The packaging had an imprint from the mud flap, so I traced and cut it, then I used the paper for the template, transferred to the actual mud flap and mounted them. The three black circles are the mounting points I ended up using.

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips F76EBF3D-5D06-4ADF-B2FF-D24884CC9A9D

Last edited:

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! Sorry for the delay, I must have notifications turned off. I used the 11x19 set. The packaging had an imprint from the mud flap, so I traced and cut it, then I used the paper for the template, transferred to the actual mud flap and mounted them. The three black circles are the mounting points I ended up using.

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips F76EBF3D-5D06-4ADF-B2FF-D24884CC9A9D
Is yours a Lux? If so we have the same build. You have excellent taste 😀

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Who needs Mud Flaps? Salt from the road crews, Alot of people will be hitting the car washes tomorrow.

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips 1646018940069

jhm66

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone here who has installed mud flaps have issues on rocky trails coming down off of a rock and having it catch the flap? Just trying to think ahead. Still waiting on my delivery (Outer Banks Sasquatch). I want to protect the paint but also don't want to rip a flap off when doing some Colorado rocky trails. Thanks!

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone here who has installed mud flaps have issues on rocky trails coming down off of a rock and having it catch the flap? Just trying to think ahead. Still waiting on my delivery (Outer Banks Sasquatch). I want to protect the paint but also don't want to rip a flap off when doing some Colorado rocky trails. Thanks!
One option coming out is by Rokblokz.

Check out the thread below as it has a video about them.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rokblokz-mudflaps-installed-on-bronco.37716/#post-1234444

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend