BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a Jeep owner, I have noticed the same deliberate and comical ignoring by (mostly modded) Jeeps while on the street. However, when on the trails I have had plenty pull up side me asking questions and checking out the Bronco. Probably just the difference between mall crawlers and off-roaders.
Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to love jeep owners. I donā€™t know if anyone else has noticed this but the large majority of jeep owners pretend that they canā€™t see you or youā€™re not around. It is almost to the point of laughter when you pull up to a red light next to a jeep wrangler owner and they either look the other way or straightforward like they donā€™t see you. Iā€™ve had a lot of pleasant comments from all types of vehicles owners and Iā€™ve only had one jeep owner pull up next to me and asked me how I like the bronco (Very pleasant person ). I have two jeeps in my driveway right now so Iā€™m not a jeep hater Iā€™m just shocked at the noses in the air from the jeep owners. I was really hoping with all of the interest in common that it would be different.

it's not a big deal, just an observation.
So you don't love yourself anymore? šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robertriley

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Former 4-time Jeep Wrangler owner here. I just had the pleasure of renting a 392 during my trip to Texas for the holidays and man was it a blast. It reminded me how much I missed the two-finger salute from other Jeepers. Iā€™ve had my bronco since October and havenā€™t come across (or noticed) perceived snobbery from Jeep owners but then again, Iā€™m not typically looking to greet them either. Iā€™ve run into a few Broncoā€™s here and there and all but one have returned a wave.

I wouldnā€™t look into it too much. At the end of the day, weā€™re part of the same community and will be helping each other out on the trails.

Cheers! šŸ»
It could be a California thing too. lol

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or, for you cynics out there...the veteran falls into serious depression, becomes an alcoholic, gets cut from the team and fades off into history never to be heard from again, and the cocky rookie let's the fame and fortune go to his head, developes a $1,000 a day coke habit, crashes into a tree in his new sports car, wrecks his knee and never plays again!

Last edited:

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As a Jeep owner, I have noticed the same deliberate and comical ignoring by (mostly modded) Jeeps while on the street. However, when on the trails I have had plenty pull up side me asking questions and checking out the Bronco. Probably just the difference between mall crawlers and off-roaders.
The difference between enthusiasts purchasing for the capability and tools purchasing because they think it makes them part of some special unique club šŸ™„

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In all seriousness, we have only had positive interactions with people slowing down and giving us the thumbs up etc. Haven't really noticed any Jeeps ignoring us, but we haven't been watching to see their reactions either!

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep sells 200,000+ Wranglers a year. Tons of variety of people who own them; soccer moms, kids out of school, etc. Not everyone who owns a Jeep is a Jeep enthusiast, or even a vehicle enthusiast for that matter. Alot of people who just simply don't care that you're in a Bronco, they don't even realize its a Bronco, or they don't even realize the significance of the vehicle.

I remember freaking out seeing my first C8 on the road when they were brand new, and everyone around me had no idea what it was or why I cared so much. Don't take it personally.
Totally agree. I think many people donā€™t care or have a clue what we are driving.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got some nice waves form Wrangler drivers while in SoCal recently, in Anza Borrego a whole group of nicely modded lifted Wranglers came towards us and all gave the wave or thumbs up, though I don't know if that was for the Bronco or just a thing you do there on the trails. Nothing but nice comments around La Quinta (Palm Springs area) either. Did not see one single other Bronco though.
I'm not into fanboy nonsense for anything, so I'll wave and like your nice rig, what ever it is, but you don't have to like mine or even look at it, LOL. Not what I bought this thing for.

STRATUS

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, C8 Corvette Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Bronco flexes so hard that it literally pushes jeep owners heads the opposite direction. It's an involuntary reaction...so let's try and show a little more compassion. šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know exactly what you mean. I wave hello at everyone I see. After so many shitty responses Iā€™ve begun to keep track. I even have a spreadsheet. The most encouraging waves are from Subaru and Toyota owners. Jeep I either get ignored or the finger.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I own a Gladiator and have owned a few Jeeps in the past. And I generally don't like Jeep people. I'm a member of a few local groups and I've tried to go to some local Jeep events to be social and find that many have elitist attitudes if you don't have a full blown rock crawler. And they are cliquey as hell. I'm tempted to drive up to a local event in my Bronco when I get it just to ruffle some feathers. LOL

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to love jeep owners. I donā€™t know if anyone else has noticed this but the large majority of jeep owners pretend that they canā€™t see you or youā€™re not around. It is almost to the point of laughter when you pull up to a red light next to a jeep wrangler owner and they either look the other way or straightforward like they donā€™t see you. Iā€™ve had a lot of pleasant comments from all types of vehicles owners and Iā€™ve only had one jeep owner pull up next to me and asked me how I like the bronco (Very pleasant person ). I have two jeeps in my driveway right now so Iā€™m not a jeep hater Iā€™m just shocked at the noses in the air from the jeep owners. I was really hoping with all of the interest in common that it would be different.

Be nice. The longer Ford screws up deliveries the more likely we'll be buying Jeeps instead!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to wheel my FSB in a world of jeeps, they were mostly elitist jeep only types that would tell me my Bronco was too big for ā€theirā€ trails. Iā€™m a run what you bring type of guy, and owned a TJ for a few years while I was wheeling my FSB.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're afraid....