Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plug for TB is there and will go back to the TBC that isn't there. From there the signal for braking appears to go back up front, through the firewall then to the hitch in the back. The wiring for non TBC vehicles appears to not be present from the firewall to the hitch. I haven't peeled wires but didn't find where they would've picked up underneath in a different loom.
Sponsored

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Plug for TB is there and will go back to the TBC that isn't there. From there the signal for braking appears to go back up front, through the firewall then to the hitch in the back. The wiring for non TBC vehicles appears to not be present from the firewall to the hitch. I haven't peeled wires but didn't find where they would've picked up underneath in a different loom.
Based on all the diagrams and parts from your initial hitch/towing install thread, if the C4099 plug/harness were present, all you would need to do is add the Trailer Tow Module and maybe enable in Forscan.

skoorb76

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi there, do you have the part number for the power connector pins we need to tap the TBC connector C4397A? Thanks!

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone else tried installing the curt wire kit on a non LED Bronco?

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on all the diagrams and parts from your initial hitch/towing install thread, if the C4099 plug/harness were present, all you would need to do is add the Trailer Tow Module and maybe enable in Forscan.
Love to know what you figured out
My wife has a JLU with tow package and a friend uses the curt Bluetooth controller and loves it (so I could swap the brake controller easy enough) so if someone finds the simple solution for the blue wire I’m cancelling tow, today

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Brake-Controller/Curt/C51180.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google | Search - Trailer Brake Controller&adgroupid=123312014860&campaignid=13174730842&creative=522778845777&device=m&devicemodel=&feeditemid=&keyword=bluetooth brake controller&loc_interest_ms=&loc_physical_ms=9025393&matchtype=e&network=g&placement=&position=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9aDM9oyJ9QIV6SlMCh3tCQH0EAAYASAAEgLpYPD_BwE

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My quick analysis showed regular DC going to the tail lights, or I guess you could call it 100% duty cycle PWM ;) This is the left blinker signal:
PXL_20211214_190503472.jpg

I swapped pins 5 and 3 at each connector and it all appears to work! This puts the red brake wire into an unused position with yellow and green connecting to their respective TURN/STOP wires. I used 18 AWG solid copper as my pin removal tool but a paper clip would hold up better.
So, bottom line for the simple minded. Swap #3 and #5 pins on all Curt connectors (4), ground red wire from curt controller, and source 12v, right?

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, bottom line for the simple minded. Swap #3 and #5 pins on all Curt connectors (4), ground red wire from curt controller, and source 12v, right?
Yep, and ground the white wire along with the red.đź‘Ť

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait, did you actually figure out how to get around the tow package and have a 7-pin? I need trailer brakes….

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Finally got a chance to figure this out. I found that connector C201 in the drivers side fender, has all wires on male side and only 2 coming out female side (unfortunately not the blue one). I routed a blue wire in interior from back to front, up to main large grommet under dash, into engine compartment and then to female side of C201. Waiting for proper female connector pins to insert into C201 with blue wire to finalize the connection. In the back, I connected the blue wire to the 7-way plug connector for the electric brake signal. I'm also waiting for the Ford OEM Brake Controller to connect under the dash. I plan to update my post or start a new thread with photos of the full install.

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got a chance to figure this out. I found that connector C201 in the drivers side fender, has all wires on male side and only 2 coming out female side (unfortunately not the blue one). I routed a blue wire in interior from back to front, up to main large grommet under dash, into engine compartment and then to female side of C201. Waiting for proper female connector pins to insert into C201 with blue wire to finalize the connection. In the back, I connected the blue wire to the 7-way plug connector for the electric brake signal. I'm also waiting for the Ford OEM Brake Controller to connect under the dash. I plan to update my post or start a new thread with photos of the full install.
Ok
So if I understand correctly
I need a blue wire from c201 drivers fender back to the rear 7 way connector.
what is the pin i need to order to crimp or solder on? Ill order it now

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok
So if I understand correctly
I need a blue wire from c201 drivers fender back to the rear 7 way connector.
what is the pin i need to order to crimp or solder on? Ill order it now
Waiting for that info from flip at Ruxer Ford. Will let you lnow as soon as I find
out. The wiring diagram calls for 14ga wire so I picked up 25ft from Napa and this is the leftovers
Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco 20220101_154123

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Waiting for that info from flip at Ruxer Ford. Will let you lnow as soon as I find
out. The wiring diagram calls for 14ga wire so I picked up 25ft from Napa and this is the leftovers
Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco TBC_BlueWireRouting

Great video! I have no need for the brake controller personally, but can you explain more about where your stealing power for the curt harness? I haven’t got around to it because of the need to run battery power to the engine compartment. Looks like your getting it from the cargo area somehow?

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition