Marcelino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello again,
I was going to install the Curt plug and play 58996 on my 24 Badlands TTV6. I understand I need to redo the wiring from 4 pin to a 6 pint to allow a feed to the battery. My question is has anyone piggy backed the Curt plug and play 56468 plug and play trailer wiring harness to the 58996 harness?
Figure since I am back there I might as well put on a hitch and wire the 4 pin connector.

Thanks for any help and guidance.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have done what you are suggesting, it's been a while and am a bit fuzzy. Please verify what I'm saying especially part numbers.

First you have a Badlands so it would be LED? So 58992?

I had done the 4 wire flat trailer tow first, requiring the power line from the battery. It was the early version before Curt realized there was a difference in LED and non. We had to move pins around, not fun, I believe this is fixed now if you get the right one for your vehicle. I ran the power wire in the same wire loom as my 4 wire for my flat tow set up along the drivers frame rail, all worked fine. I used some strap on lights for flat tow.

A year later I decided to set up the Curt Flat tow 58996 (58992 if LED) to use the stock taillights for flat tow. When I received that I found it had a tap plug so that you only had to hook into the taillights once to utilize both the flat tow and trailer light set up. Curt list a part number of the 4 wire that could be used , but I for the life of me can't fine it, in my paper work or Curts website.

Anyway, it can be done. Either by using two independent kits plugging into the taillights twice, or by using the trailer kit that can plug into the tap if you can find it from Curt.

This is a photo of the flat tow kit , the tap so you can avoid tapping taillight twice is the black plug on the bottom. They sell a kit that plugs into this then your 4 wire trailer set up, but I can't find the number.
Ford Bronco Piggy backing Curt plug and and play systems 1711308135472-zv

OP
OP
AUG41

AUG41

Badlands
First Name
Marcelino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes thank you. Yes LED. Ok I was able to speak with someone at curt and they said it could be piggy backed. Thanks for your response I think I have enough info to give it a go. I will ask again about what you said re: the black plug. I figure it’s more important for me to get the flat tow set up so I will start with that-hopefully I can then piggy back or like you said use an alternative system. If not then I guess I can mount the ford hitch and pay for them to turn on the harness they tucked under the bumper.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes do the flat tow first. I think the part number you need to piggy back may be in the packaging.

I actually modified my trailer light set up to wire in as a piggy back, since I bought it first.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes thank you. Yes LED. Ok I was able to speak with someone at curt and they said it could be piggy backed. Thanks for your response I think I have enough info to give it a go. I will ask again about what you said re: the black plug. I figure it’s more important for me to get the flat tow set up so I will start with that-hopefully I can then piggy back or like you said use an alternative system. If not then I guess I can mount the ford hitch and pay for them to turn on the harness they tucked under the bumper.
Oh, yes. I see now you have a 24 so maybe getting the Ford set up wouldn't be to bad, and you'd get a 7 wire as well.

OP
OP
AUG41

AUG41

Badlands
First Name
Marcelino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah it’s not going to pull like my v8 sequoia but the 7 might not be a bad thing.
We’ll see as I go along. Thanks again so much!
Sponsored