Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From what I've read, 300-650 though I JUST started looking into it a few days ago as I was planning my trip...
Yeah, Im too cheap to pay that.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I wear out my original tires on a new vehicle that hasn’t been altered, and replace them with a different tire of the same size, I still consider that vehicle to be stock.
Your opinion/feelings do not change the meaning of the word 'Stock'. It is a noun.

In your world, it is like adding drag slicks to a Raptor and claiming it is the fastest 'Stock' Raptor on the quarter mile drag strip.

Rationalization does not make something true.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your opinion/feelings do not change the meaning of the word 'Stock'. It is a noun.

In your world, it is like adding drag slicks to a Raptor and claiming it is the fastest 'Stock' Raptor on the quarter mile drag strip.

It's still a stock Raptor, it just has appropriate tires for the conditions. That would be no different than a reviewer like the StraightPipes putting winter tires on a vehicle because there is snow and ice on the roads.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And some people consider setting the radio presets to be a mod.
I don't know anyone who would consider a change from OEM tires to be a mod, but I guess that's the kind of people I hang with. In the end it really doesn't matter, if you want to consider your vehicle modified because you changed the tires, rock on.

Also, I believe the word you were looking for was adjective, not noun, but English class was a long time ago.

How do you feel about modding a vehicle by running the OEM tires at a different PSI than what's on the door sticker?

Last edited:

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ditto! I'm in KC. I'd make the trek to wheel down there.
@kodiakisland I know several in our Arkansas Broncos Facebook group would be interested, several in NWA. And more and more are finally getting them.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@kodiakisland I know several in our Arkansas Broncos Facebook group would be interested, several in NWA. And more and more are finally getting them.

I will try to arrange a time with @Razorbak86 for next week and post it in the Arkansas thread and club for any that want to make it.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same size as the Bridgestones from the factory. He mentions engine and tire size in this video he posted in another thread.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/worlds-1st-stock-outerbanks-up-top-of-the-world-moab.26949/
Correct, but Not exactly, the KO2 in 255/70R18 is 1.1 in wider tread (7.3 vs 8.4) than stock, and .1" shorter in diameter. It weighs 14 pounds more (37/51). Those of us with stock 255/70R18 Bridgestones have studied this carefully, looking for an 18" tire that wont require a lift, won't give a harsh E-load ride, but still be an improvement. Knowing that the KO2 is a slightly larger tire in the same size, and more capable according to the video, is a great help.

Last edited:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They’re .8” wider than stock and exact same overall diameter at 32.1”. 265s
Thanks, @Chase Gentry. The minute details of your OBX are very important to those of us with that stock OBX, because some of us want to find a minor tire upgrade that won't require a lift, add too much noise or harsh ride quality, but give us an advantage on trails compared to the Stock 255/70R18 Bridgestone. The stock AT/RHS weighs 37#, 2535 WR, 10.2 SW, 7.3" tread, 32.1" diameter.

Mostly, the KO2 is bigger in the "same" size. An upgrade to same-size KO2 ups the load to a D rated 2835#, the tire weighs 14# more (37 vs 51#), the tread is 1.1" wider (7.3 vs 8.4) and the diameter is .1" smaller.

You've clarified that you installed "265's", which is a one-size upgrade, and an E-rated tire. I've considered this minor upgrade as a great compromise, and I appreciate your video showing this. The BFG KO2 265/70R18, when compared to the OBX OEM 255/70R18, is a size and capacity increase in every way:
Load: 2535 to 3525. (P to E)
Weight: 37# to 56# (19# gain)
Section 10.2" to 10.7" (.5" gain)
Tread 7.3" to 8.8" (1.5" gain)
Diameter: 32.1 to 32.6 (.5" gain)
Rev/Min: 649/637

Some of us on this forum have determined that an upgrade to 275/70R18 tires is the largest upgrade that wont require a lift, and these are true 33" tires in most models. But your 265/70R18 tires are a gentle upgrade I'm strongly considering, thanks to your video!

@Chase Gentry , I'd appreciate your double-checking which KO2 tires are on your OBX, the "stock" 255/70R18, or the slightly larger 265/70R18. Those of us with the stock OBX have been trying to find a slight upgrade size, thats not harsh riding.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But I thought the OBX was just a pavement Princess because it has painted mirrors and door handles!?
I was told I wouldn't be able to leave the asphalt without 35" tires and a sway disconnect ;)

OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 and 2016 TRD Tacoma & 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks, @Chase Gentry. The minute details of your OBX are very important to those of us with that stock OBX, because some of us want to find a minor tire upgrade that won't require a lift, add too much noise or harsh ride quality, but give us an advantage on trails compared to the Stock 255/70R18 Bridgestone. The stock AT/RHS weighs 37#, 2535 WR, 10.2 SW, 7.3" tread, 32.1" diameter.

Mostly, the KO2 is bigger in the "same" size. An upgrade to same-size KO2 ups the load to a D rated 2835#, the tire weighs 14# more (37 vs 51#), the tread is 1.1" wider (7.3 vs 8.4) and the diameter is .1" smaller.

You've clarified that you installed "265's", which is a one-size upgrade, and an E-rated tire. I've considered this minor upgrade as a great compromise, and I appreciate your video showing this. The BFG KO2 265/70R18, when compared to the OBX OEM 255/70R18, is a size and capacity increase in every way:
Load: 2535 to 3525. (P to E)
Weight: 37# to 56# (19# gain)
Section 10.2" to 10.7" (.5" gain)
Tread 7.3" to 8.8" (1.5" gain)
Diameter: 32.1 to 32.6 (.5" gain)
Rev/Min: 649/637

Some of us on this forum have determined that an upgrade to 275/70R18 tires is the largest upgrade that wont require a lift, and these are true 33" tires in most models. But your 265/70R18 tires are a gentle upgrade I'm strongly considering, thanks to your video!

@Chase Gentry , I'd appreciate your double-checking which KO2 tires are on your OBX, the "stock" 255/70R18, or the slightly larger 265/70R18. Those of us with the stock OBX have been trying to find a slight upgrade size, thats not harsh riding.
I’ll find out exactly. I don’t have that particular Bronco in my possession anymore actually. That tire Was in my opinion great on the OBX. At 40psi I could feel a difference in normal driving condition very minimal though. At 33 psi it was abouT the same as the Bridgestones. There’s always going to be a little compromise though. TheBridgestones and others similar are flimsy street tires. I ran a couple passes in Colorado with them and they did terrible.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll find out exactly. I don’t have that particular Bronco in my possession anymore actually. That tire Was in my opinion great on the OBX. At 40psi I could feel a difference in normal driving condition very minimal though. At 33 psi it was abouT the same as the Bridgestones. There’s always going to be a little compromise though. TheBridgestones and others similar are flimsy street tires. I ran a couple passes in Colorado with them and they did terrible.
Thanks, Chase. Most of the attention has been on the Badlands or on the Sasquatch upgrade, and so to have you demo the OBX on difficult trails with only a slight tire upgrade is very helpful. I have the 4.27 Rear Lockers, and mostly off-road on the beach. (In the 1970's, we would use "L" sized tires on our Scouts on the beach.) But this is mostly my daily driver.

OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 and 2016 TRD Tacoma & 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks, Chase. Most of the attention has been on the Badlands or on the Sasquatch upgrade, and so to have you demo the OBX on difficult trails with only a slight tire upgrade is very helpful. I have the 4.27 Rear Lockers, and mostly off-road on the beach. (In the 1970's, we would use "L" sized tires on our Scouts on the beach.) But this is mostly my daily driver.
seriously glad you enjoyed it and that’s sorta exactly why I’m intentionally pushing the OBX not everyone will but the Sasquatch or Badlands.

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have DJI, use tripod mode. The drone flies in a super smooth slower motion.
I use Dji Mavic Air2 with active track enabled while driving solo. I just need more practice at filming and editing

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I wear out my original tires on a new vehicle that hasn’t been altered, and replace them with a different tire of the same size, I still consider that vehicle to be stock.
Fairly certain his stock tires didn’t wear out in 5k miles though.
Sponsored