Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The irony that the Jeep tie rod and front suspension seemed to stay in tact longer, making the body roll over the top of the tire and flip on its side. The Bronco seemed to gracefully collapse and dissipate energy.
Sponsored

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like the Jeep rolls because the front tire is ripped off and run over by the frame.

I'm curious if a sasquatch Bronco would roll over in this test because it doesn't have the crash bars.
Check the passenger side wheel. It turns hard on impact which looks like that helps to initiate the roll as well. Bronco's stays pretty straight.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd love to see the G-force meters on those impacts. The Bronco looks to me to generate much more G-force on the driver than the Jeep.... Don't like that the Jeep rolled over, but G-force kills.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd love to see the G-force meters on those impacts. The Bronco looks to me to generate much more G-force on the driver than the Jeep.... Don't like that the Jeep rolled over, but G-force kills.
Interesting considering how violently the Jeep dummies head bounced around I had the opposite opinion.

Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Check the passenger side wheel. It turns hard on impact which looks like that helps to initiate the roll as well. Bronco's stays pretty straight.
IFS vs Solid axle?

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
True, but the Bronco puts you deep into the side curtain. The Jeep also tosses you left, but then tosses you right - I think the Jeep two-step might be harder on the spine and brutal on the neck.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The issue with the Wrangler is it was off-balance - There weren't enough Monster energy drink stickers on it to keep it from rolling over.

Also, watching a Bronco run into a wall makes me sad inside.
If the Wrangler had angry eyes it would have done a complete barrel roll and turned out fine!

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Probably the difference between hitting a wall and stopping vs. hitting a wall and continuing forward while flipping on your side.

Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would like to see the wrangler's leg room before the crash, it looks like it collasped a little, especially looking at the hinge line on the jeep, and the where the body folded over. Hard to tell if there was frame damage there, or if that was just body damage. It's also hard to tell where the bronco's hinges are.

Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Wrangler Crash Test Video Crash.JPG

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IFS vs Solid axle?
More like easy to snap tie rod ends, jk 😉. Honestly I don't know if that makes a difference, but my guess is probably somewhat hah.