Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True, but the Bronco puts you deep into the side curtain. The Jeep also tosses you left, but then tosses you right - I think the Jeep two-step might be harder on the spine and brutal on the neck.
Agreed, that dummy's neck pretty much exploded

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pretty sure that both would be totaled. But it would take much longer to replace the Bronco.

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting considering how violently the Jeep dummies head bounced around I had the opposite opinion.
That's why I would like to see the g-force meters. A 6 G side to side with a 50 G impact is survivable for the vast majority... A 4 G side to side with a 75 G impact is 50/50 death. The video shows us nothing that would determine survivability. I'm just saying I would like to see more based on that.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's why I would like to see the g-force meters. A 6 G side to side with a 50 G impact is survivable for the vast majority... A 4 G side to side with a 75 G impact is 50/50 death. The video shows us nothing that would determine survivability. I'm just saying I would like to see more based on that.
All of that info is available on the IIHS website. Just search "2021 Jeep Wrangler" (and choose 4-door) vs "2021 Ford Bronco". You can scroll down to small overlap front and click on "technical measurements for this test". Unfortunately, both tests seem to use different standards, but in any case, the HIC (head injury criterion) is higher for the Wrangler, and all of the other force measurements are available. They also provide details with some photos - the Bronco had a little bit of floor intrusion, for example. They also mention with the Wrangler that "The partial rollover presents an additional injury risk beyond what the standard crash test criteria are intended to measure (second test shown).", so data from the rollover itself really isn't included.

I score this one easily to the Bronco.

Edit to add: If you look at the results for the 2022 Wrangler, it doesn't seem to have rolled, but the results seem somehow MUCH worse. HIC-15 is 297 vs 52 for the Bronco, and the neck measurements are also worse, and chest compression far worse for the Jeep.

Last edited:

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All of that info is available on the IIHS website. Just search "2021 Jeep Wrangler" (and choose 4-door) vs "2021 Ford Bronco". You can scroll down to small overlap front and click on "technical measurements for this test". Unfortunately, both tests seem to use different standards, but in any case, the HIC (head injury criterion) is higher for the Wrangler, and all of the other force measurements are available. They also provide details with some photos - the Bronco had a little bit of floor intrusion, for example. They also mention with the Wrangler that "The partial rollover presents an additional injury risk beyond what the standard crash test criteria are intended to measure (second test shown).", so data from the rollover itself really isn't included.

I score this one easily to the Bronco.
Odd how the scoring doesn't match up as you would expect it to... But I agree, the scores that you can match up favor the Bronco, that's good to see.

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The issue with the Wrangler is it was off-balance - There weren't enough Monster energy drink stickers on it to keep it from rolling over.

Also, watching a Bronco run into a wall makes me sad inside.
THIS IS NO JOKE - Jeep bro parked next to my Bronco a couple weeks ago, and I just had to laugh at him.

MONSTER.png

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THIS IS NO JOKE - Jeep bro parked next to my Bronco a couple weeks ago, and I just had to laugh at him.

Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Wrangler Crash Test Video 1641945959888
I F’ing called it…

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think either of those drivers are going to the prom.
Sponsored