Sponsored

Is this the best aftermarket roof rack?? Badass Tents Full Size Roof Rack for Hardtop

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They wanna make a 2 door version... But they want a donor vehicle
If anyone is in SoCal.....
Yeah, just looks like it will need 2dr specific rails is what I'm getting at. The oem rack is the same for both 2dr/4dr, right?

Thankfully I'm not in SoCal. I think I'd rather share a burrow with @604Bronco
Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think zroads rack is a little nicer but not worth the price tag: https://zroadz.com/i-23915798-2021-2022-ford-bronco-roof-rack-4-door-model-pn-z845401.html#!submodel=BIG BEND||model=BRONCO||make=FORD||year=2021

I messaged Zroadz asking if the top panels are still removable with their rack but no reply yet...
They replied to me on the same question. Similar to factory rack - the front panels can still come off - not the 2nd row panel.

FWIW - my dealer has ordered me a factory rack for my 4-door. They told me it should be shipping this week. I don't love it (wish it extended to the rear mount point on hard top), but it should serve my needs (skis, roof top box, canoe, kayaks, and christmas trees).

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can the all three roof panels be removed while rack is on the vehicle? When someone makes that, I’m in!

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They replied to me on the same question. Similar to factory rack - the front panels can still come off - not the 2nd row panel.

FWIW - my dealer has ordered me a factory rack for my 4-door. They told me it should be shipping this week. I don't love it (wish it extended to the rear mount point on hard top), but it should serve my needs (skis, roof top box, canoe, kayaks, and christmas trees).
Yeah I'm really leaning towards this Badass tents rack, although a friend here who welds said he's keen to have a go making one for me hence why I haven't ordered one yet. The OEM one looks the best but seem like it's the biggest compromise in terms of size, modularity, weight capacity, etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And what did that cost you?

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, just looks like it will need 2dr specific rails is what I'm getting at. The oem rack is the same for both 2dr/4dr, right?

Thankfully I'm not in SoCal. I think I'd rather share a burrow with @604Bronco
I thought both 2 and 4 door racks were the same also.... Theyre not. But I imagine the ONLY difference on the OEM are the side rails.
The Badass rack looks like the front mounts are integral with the rails, single piece? Maybe this is how they get a higher weight/strength rating....

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can the all three roof panels be removed while rack is on the vehicle? When someone makes that, I’m in!
The description says both rows, you should be good!

Sponsored

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What did you pay for the the factory rack? Do you have a part number?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like a very nice roof rack. From an engineering perspective, though, I have a difficult time believing that the advertised load ratings -- 500lbs Static load (at Camp) 250lbs Dynamic load (in transit) -- can be better than the factory roof rack, since both racks attach at the same points on the roof. I assume the load rating of the factory roof rack is limited by the attachment points &/or the MIC hard top itself, rather than the actual strength of the rack
I was wondering the same thing about the ZROADZ roof rack since they have a 2dr version that has an optimistically high advertised static and dynamic load rating. My tent is 141 lbs so if the load ratings are correct, the ZROADZ rack would be perfect for me, but i'm not really looking to be the first unfortunate person to prove it wrong.

2DR rack
https://zroadz.com/i-23915802-2021-...=BIG BEND||model=BRONCO||make=FORD||year=2021

4DR rack
https://zroadz.com/i-23915798-2021-...=BIG BEND||model=BRONCO||make=FORD||year=2021

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering the same thing about the ZROADZ roof rack since they have a 2dr version that has an optimistically high advertised static and dynamic load rating. My tent is 141 lbs so if the load ratings are correct, the ZROADZ rack would be perfect for me, but i'm not really looking to be the first unfortunate person to prove it wrong.

2DR rack
https://zroadz.com/i-23915802-2021-2022-ford-bronco-roof-rack-2-door-model-pn-z845201.html#!submodel=BIG BEND||model=BRONCO||make=FORD||year=2021

4DR rack
https://zroadz.com/i-23915798-2021-2022-ford-bronco-roof-rack-4-door-model-pn-z845401.html#!submodel=BIG BEND||model=BRONCO||make=FORD||year=2021
Way too much Gawd Damn money. Lol
But nice!

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Way too much Gawd Damn money. Lol
But nice!
Agreed, way too much and they actually lowered the price from $2000+ already lol if they are still this expensive and no other alternatives by the time weather gets nice and i start wanting to use my tent, i'll sell the OEM rack and just fork out the rest for a stronger rack i guess. But not until i know for sure that those weight ratings are legit. Still waiting to see what Gobi and Archetype Racing come up with

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe the part numbers are:

2-Door: M2DZ-9955100-AA

4-Door: M2DZ-9955100-BA

Not sure about availability, but showing at all the different Ford part warehouses online. MSRP of $825 with a bunch doing 23% off.

@flip might know about availability(sorry for tag if not).

What did you pay for the the factory rack? Do you have a part number?
Sponsored