Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just like the flared fenders, this top would be right at the top of my mods list if they were actually available for the 2DR. Maybe that'll change by the time my BadSquatch finally gets here.

A. It's not the MIC top
B. I was already willing to pay a premium for the modular top.
C. Was never a fan of the "gunner hatch" in the modular 2DR top
D. It's not the MIC top.
E. I prefer the looks of the slight angle at the back. More in line with previous generations of Bronco.
F. It's not the MIC top.
Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have been entertaining the idea of developing our own roof rack/rail system. However we are focusing 100% of our efforts towards the hardtop and will revisit that after the hardtop has officially launched.
@OhhhhhhSnap There are at least 2 options for a roof rack. They are better, speaking of a workload, but less good, speaking of the look.

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Everything looks great; just need to know the price at this point.

Everybody has been playing the guessing game, and I laugh when I see these big price tags being suggested. $5,000? $7,500? $9,000?!? Surely, these are the rantings of those who spent the $20k ADM so they could drive a $70,000 Bronco, and obvioulsy have no grasp of the value of a dollar, right?

But I keep seeing these numbers over and over and over, and now I'm starting to doubt myself. Maybe I'm actually the one with no grasp on the value of things. Is the hardtop really going to cost that much? At those prices, I'm OUT!

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When and how much ?

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you guys are better at teasing than a high school girlfriend. I am still hanging onto my Bronco order with MIC, and I know that MIC is what's holding me back from going to production - but until I have an idea of what a hard top will cost, I won't remove MIC from my order.

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everybody has been playing the guessing game, and I laugh when I see these big price tags being suggested. $5,000? $7,500? $9,000?!? Surely, these are the rantings of those who spent the $20k ADM so they could drive a $70,000 Bronco, and obvioulsy have no grasp of the value of a dollar, right?

But I keep seeing these numbers over and over and over, and now I'm starting to doubt myself. Maybe I'm actually the one with no grasp on the value of things. Is the hardtop really going to cost that much? At those prices, I'm OUT!
I'd be surprised if it was under $6k

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why leave out the 2 door people? That sucks.
because the folks who have reserved/own 2 doors are so superior to everyone else, and are 'true bronco enthusiasts', with so much grit and badassery that they don't need a roof.

/sarcasm

Stardust4x4

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just make it lightweight and easy to install/unstall since the soft top windows are a complete pain to get off and on.

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m excited about this, but I’m concerned this company has never made hard tops before (don’t see any for Jeep on their website). Making a good hard top is much more difficult than a fender or a hood. You have to test the aerodynamics to make sure it’s quiet on the road. You have to have weatherproof seals everywhere for rain and snow. It has to attach really well so no air enters the cabin. It has stand up to hundreds/ thousands of opens/closes, etc. I could go on. I would not buy this myself based on looks and promises. Show us what your durability training looks like and how many test miles in inclement weather you’ve clocked on it and I’m sold.

DV8 has been selling hard tops for Jeeps for a while with what seems like good ratings (I haven’t owned one). Theirs go for about $3k. Hopefully you guys come up with a reasonable price.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I assure you I didn't pay ADM! I just don't see how it's going to be of any quality at all if it's 2-3,000 like some are saying. Have you seen the finish quality of a $2500 truck topper? I promise you wouldn't put one on your Bronco.

On Instagram ADV fiberglass is responding a lot better to comments, but certainly didn't squash the $6000+ price comments. If they were worried about that running off buyers they would comment.

The only price comment was they were still a few weeks away from releasing that info.

This info teaser strategy (and confidence it's going to be over $5,000) has turned me off from the company all together.

I'm sticking around more than anything to see peoples reactions when they finally say the price.

Sponsored

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My bronco came in with a damaged top from the shipper. Replacement cost was 7500 from the dealers body shop.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I appreciate the simpler days, My 76 CJ7 had a one piece hard top and it was easy as heck to take on and off. 4 c clamps and a buddy to help lift. One piece for me, multiple jeeps later and now a Bronco I don’t want to screw around with panels and leaks that occur over time.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How many 2-door owners are going to shell out $5k+ for an aftermarket hard top when they’ve already got a factory one? Not enough market to drive the R&D/tooling & mold investment.
Plus, a one-piece makes the Bronco just another SUV.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I applaud the OPs creativity and industriousness.

Reading this thread, and the other two, people have expectations out of whack with reality, and with such varying perspectives. If this were plotted on a scatogram, the dots would be everywhere.

I do hope ADV sells a shit ton of these, but they should be prepared. The Bronco 6g community is proving itself to be an inhospitable, needy, whiney group, willing to lynch a company if provoked. The rollout snafus have created a weird culture and attitude that I see extending over to vendors such as ADV. You can read it in the comments thoughout. There is strong pessimism and negativity.

As a business owner, it would have to be stupid profitable, for me to touch this hard top problem, with a solid preorder queue, otherwise, all the design, manufacturing, logistics, ongoing customer support, PR, warranty replacement etc etc would be Waterloo for a business. Even then, I would think long and hard about this.
Sponsored

Last edited: