Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still say someone should look at an aluminum or steel top, fiberglass no matter the quality degrades over time sometimes rather quickly (just ask Corvette folks) much quicker than steel or aluminum as a rule. Semi truck builders have switched to a plastic composite for hoods that is far superior to the fiberglass they used to use. A decent metal top could be produced at a competitive price to fiberglass and have a much longer life as well as being warrantable.
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They talk so much smack about the factory hardtops being terrible - yet here I am with over 10k miles on my MIC 1.x top that is still perfect. Oh well, still nice to have options for people that have a soft top and want to change I guess. I don't really understand wanting a one-piece hardtop though that doesn't even have a sunroof but to each their own.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m willing to bet ADV will have a better product based on the other fiberglass products they make. I specifically bought the one piece unit because ford doesn’t make one. As for lack of warranty, I know based on personal experience ADV will stand by their product. And I’m pretty sure ford won’t warranty your hardtop because it didn’t come with your truck. So what exactly did you gain.
I just did the 5" fenders and hood from ADV. John was incredibly responsive throughout the process. My body shop was highly skeptical of the product before seeing it and thought the quality was on the higher end.
I think the tops are pricey, but F screwed us all with the bait and switch to the "hardtop prep kit." that to me was a suggestion they would offer a reasonable hard top in the future, once they got the problems cleaned up and caught up on replacing MIC 1.0 and caught up w new production. I don't think they've done either of those things.
hopefully more producers will appear soon and prices will come more in line with Jeep tops.

Sponsored

flowingaway

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking forward to seeing a close up of this UV Black texture color. In the little teaser video it's a little cheap looking imo, but obviously we've not seen it in real life.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm looking forward to seeing a close up of this UV Black texture color. In the little teaser video it's a little cheap looking imo, but obviously we've not seen it in real life.
I want to see more close ups and angles too. I’d also like to see the mod top. If I get ADV’s that’s the one I’d want so seeing the one piece prototype only helps so much

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I finally got on Instagram and saw what everybody else has seem.
It does look VERY VERY nice.
John told me that next week they will have a blog, forum, etc etc set up so we can get more information. I for one would like to see the top from various angles, the insides, how the back opens up.
As I said, its very very nice. I told my friends that they better get their ass in gear and preorder one before the price effect takes place. Have no idea what increase they will do, but with the prices of the OEM hardtop and the Anderson hardtop hovering around 10,000, it will be interesting.
I have officially also given up hope of getting my top in the near future, I was originally planning on August, but that's in the shitter. so I am just going to enjoy the ride and when it comes in , it comes in. very similar to what I endured getting my Bronco.
It is a very very nice top though
The OEM top is not officially available, and the reason there's the $10k cost is to prevent people from buying them from the parts department when they can't even build enough for Broncos off the line. There's no way a $695 add on will have a price increase of over 10x the cost. Likely *when Ford can sell MIC tops it'll be priced in the $2k range. I'm sure ADV makes a great product, their fenders are perfect. But it's disingenuous to say their product is cheaper than the OEM product when it is not technically even available.

swmetal

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8 vette
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still say someone should look at an aluminum or steel top, fiberglass no matter the quality degrades over time sometimes rather quickly (just ask Corvette folks) much quicker than steel or aluminum as a rule. Semi truck builders have switched to a plastic composite for hoods that is far superior to the fiberglass they used to use.
Corvettes haven't used fiberglass since 2004. Starting with the C6 in 2005, they use SMC - sheet molding compound. Which raises the question as to why Ford didn't use SMC as Chevy does for the Vette.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Corvettes haven't used fiberglass since 2004. Starting with the C6 in 2005, they use SMC - sheet molding compound. Which raises the question as to why Ford didn't use SMC as Chevy does for the Vette.
IIRC, the outer layer of the MOD top was supposed to be SMC, according to the Webasto insider who used to post here in 2020 before he nuked his account.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The OEM top is not officially available, and the reason there's the $10k cost is to prevent people from buying them from the parts department when they can't even build enough for Broncos off the line. There's no way a $695 add on will have a price increase of over 10x the cost. Likely *when Ford can sell MIC tops it'll be priced in the $2k range. I'm sure ADV makes a great product, their fenders are perfect. But it's disingenuous to say their product is cheaper than the OEM product when it is not technically even available.
If Ford ever sells a complete bolt-on hard top kit, with all necessary parts included, for anywhere close to $2K, I’ll eat my shorts. 😜

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's no way a $695 add on will have a price increase of over 10x the cost.
Remember, it was a $695 increase ADDED TO the cost of the soft top.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would LOVE IT if it were $2k but yeah that would take a miracle lol

Squatch Parade

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
but how are you gonna feel if/when ford finally does release a hard top for around $4k and you've paid $6-10k for a fiberglass or carbon fiber top
Sponsored