Sponsored

Advanced Fiberglass Concepts vs Turn Offroad Hardtop?

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking between these two hardtops to order this year.

Anyone with information or personal experiences between these two hardtops for the Bronco?

Advanced Fiberglass Concepts Hardtop vs Turn Offroad Hardtop

Links:
Advanced Fiberglass Concepts Hardtop
Turn Offroad Hardtop
Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™d recommend reading their individual threads to get a grasp of the situation as well as a feel for how each company has treated their customers

One of them has a vastly better reputation with customers than the other just for communication alone

TOR: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/turn-offroad-aftermarket-hard-top-now-available.77794/

ADV: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/adv-production-modular-hardtop.57988/
Thank you I had no idea things were bad at one company vs the other.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you I had no idea things were bad at one company vs the other.
It really boils down to many broken promises with respect to timeline and a near total lack of communication to those who have given thousands of dollars to the company

Iā€™m sure the product will be greatā€¦ but man it hurts your reputation when youā€™ve had peopleā€™s money for 2 years and still donā€™t have anything to show for it

STXDrew

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if the turn off road top can be delivered in white or primer?

Sponsored
OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It really boils down to many broken promises with respect to timeline and a near total lack of communication to those who have given thousands of dollars to the company

Iā€™m sure the product will be greatā€¦ but man it hurts your reputation when youā€™ve had peopleā€™s money for 2 years and still donā€™t have anything to show for it
Thats so true! I just got through a lot of the last pages so i believe i see which company is slacking in the communication part.

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't see that when I've been looking into it.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anderson Composites has the best hard top I've seen in person. Better than Turn Offroads, but Turn Offroad is a good chunk of change cheaper and likely has a much lower lead time.

But, between the two you listed... Turn Off-road is the clear winner because... well.... they're actually delivering product.

There are two companies that sponsor this forum that have extremely unrealistic lead times. One of them is Archetype Racing the other is Adv Fiberglass Concepts. Before you order, take the lead time listed on there website and times it by 10, and you may end up with a slightly more realistic timeline. (Though I'll admit AR is slowly getting better.)

You could always ask them on their thread that @RC Bronco linked to above.

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anderson Composites has the best hard top I've seen in person. Better than Turn Offroads, but Turn Offroad is a good chunk of change cheaper and likely has a much lower lead time.

But, between the two you listed... Turn Off-road is the clear winner because... well.... they're actually delivering product.

There are two companies that sponsor this forum that have extremely unrealistic lead times. One of them is Archetype Racing the other is Adv Fiberglass Concepts. Before you order, take the lead time listed on there website and times it by 10, and you may end up with a slightly more realistic timeline. (Though I'll admit AR is slowly getting better.)

I'll have my TOR top on Friday, pics and video will be coming!

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I may be in the minority, but I do not like the logo on the side, just rear of the door on the TOR. I prefer no visible logos, or blacked out. I know, I know, I can paint it, mask it, etc.

At the same time, I would never trust ADV with my money.

Sponsored
OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I may be in the minority, but I do not like the logo on the side, just rear of the door on the TOR. I prefer no visible logos, or blacked out. I know, I know, I can paint it, mask it, etc.

At the same time, I would never trust ADV with my money.
why wouldnt you trust ADV with your money? Is it the delays and the communication problems?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do yourself a favor and wait until these hardtop manufacturers have been making and delivering them for a little while before you decide and order. We're all hopeful of the TOR being of good quality. Armadillo has a ways to go to prove they can produce them except in one-offs and is pricey with a headliner/options. The ADV hopefully materializes but they've screwed up with the full-price up front payment and two year wait with very poor communications. The Anderson Composites is delivering but is expensive (as is the ADV) and has a wait. I keep hearing about a Rally top (?), but don't know anything about it.

If you can, wait six months and see where all this settles.

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Have you seen a TOR hard top already?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you seen a TOR hard top already?
Huh? No. I think those are just now delivering.

EDIT:

OH... okay, I see. The way I structured that sentence in my post was extremely confusing, my fault. I had originally written something listing all of the hard tops I've seen in person (Armadillo, Anderson, & Rallytop). Ended up deleting the whole thing, but never corrected the first sentence. Thanks for calling that out.

To be clear, I have not seen TOR hard top in person. But the Turn Offroad top is not fully feature complete yet (by they're own admission). No rear defroster, no wiper. In addition, there is only a single modular panel rather than two. So based on the lack of a few key features, and based on what I saw from the Anderson top in-person (it was far and away the best option I've seen personally), I feel as though Anderson is the best option currently available.

It has nothing to do with build quality of TOR itself, because I haven't seen the TOR top. I will say visually, just based on the photos Turn Offroad posted, it does look like the Anderson Composites top may have better overall fit and finish. But that's just speculation on my part, you can only tell so much from photos.

TOR is working on adding those missing features in the future though. which is great to hear. In the future if may be the go-to option, especially if Anderson's lead times continue to be 6+ months and Adv Fiberglass can't deliver a product.
Sponsored

Last edited: