First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Splitting hairs since you can't buy a Bronco w/o a top so it really is only $695 for the hardtop. This thread is wandering lol.
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Splitting hairs since you can't buy a Bronco w/o a top so it really is only $695 for the hardtop. This thread is wandering lol.
It’s not splitting hairs when you’re discussing the cost of a hardtop. Many believe the hard top is $695 because “that’s what I paid”. It’s not. It’s the $2400 plus $695. Then there’s the fact that you can’t buy a complete hardtop for $3200 either if you order one, It’s more like $10k once you piece it together. I’ve had people argue with me on here about buying a hard top for $695- several times. I simply stated both facts- it’s not $695 and it’s been discussed ad nauseam on here. Not insulting the poster.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not splitting hairs when you’re discussing the cost of a hardtop. Many believe the hard top is $695 because “that’s what I paid”. It’s not. It’s the $2400 plus $695. Then there’s the fact that you can’t buy a complete hardtop for $3200 either if you order one, It’s more like $10k once you piece it together. I’ve had people argue with me on here about buying a hard top for $695- several times. I simply stated both facts- it’s not $695 and it’s been discussed ad nauseam on here. Not insulting the poster.
Guess Ididn't understand the other dudes post. Fact is if you didn't want one to begin with you ain't getting one for $695 or even $3200 after the fact. But it is only a $695 option when buying a new Bronco.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess Ididn't understand the other dudes post. Fact is if you didn't want one to begin with you ain't getting one for $695 or even $3200 after the fact. But it is only a $695 option when buying a new Bronco.
Yes- that’s true. It may have increased by now though. I haven’t looked at the increased costs in awhile.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly my thoughts....i have had 7 Wranglers, all hard tops, including my current one, and they are outstandingly built, so why didn't Ford just go to their manufacturer?!?!?
Agreed. Why reinvent the wheel, when there already were time tested "in the field" hardtop construction methods.

Also I still needed a person on each side to remove my Bronco hardtop. So it's not like any weight savings was a game changer in that regard, compared to my Jeep hardtops. It's too bad Ford got cute with the hardtop construction, they probably could have avoided a lot of trouble.

That said, my Bronco OEM 2-door hardtop has been fine so far. One small leak in a hard rain - I don't care about that kind of stuff. A bit of highway wind noise near a joint I should look into - not a big deal for me either. Long time open top 4x4 owner, knew what I was getting into.

Only have had the Bronco for a month though - will see how I feel a year from now. :)

Sponsored

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was wondering if advanced was going to use a core material/sandwhich layup or straight fiberglass which would be quite heavy. Looks like they went with Divinylcell/PVC Foam. That is what I we would have likely chosen as well, due to rigidity and stability, if we were building one.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Translation:

What we expect to see from a 3rd party testing the hard top:

IllustriousMindlessHoverfly-max-1mb.gif
Of course ADV is going to promote their own hard top, I would be concerned if they didn't. Honestly, I think their videos are informative and well done. Marketing material, sure! And it worked. I forked over $7000 to be on their waiting list.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this is old, but it still comes up in hard top discussions. $695 was the cost to delete the soft top and replace it with a hard top. It is incorrect to think of this as the cost of the hard top. The dual top option cost $2545, and it makes sense to use this number when comparing the cost vs aftermarket tops, as in both cases you have the dual top option. Of course it's still much less expensive to order with a hard top than buying aftermarket, but nobody paid $695 for a hard top. Honestly, ADV tops are made in California. I'm suprised they aren't a million bucks!

EasternSierra

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But it is only a $695 option when buying a new Bronco.
$1895 on the Ford site and it's been that way since I first checked a few months ago.
Sponsored