Sponsored

Advanced Fiberglass Concepts vs Turn Offroad Hardtop?

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
TOR is a great choice and you will be happy with it no doubt.

But I think you’re off saying the AC top is inferior to MIC based info ADV’s video. I reached out AC on that video and they said ADV was making a lot of assumptions about their top. Also considering everyone who has an AC top has raved about the quality (except for 1 paint issue) I think the quality is solid.

For me the only negatives with the AC top is price and wait. But I got the text yesterday that mine is being produced so hopefully soon I’ll be out of this hard top waiting game haha
I wouldn't be concerned getting a AC top. Even if its not as rigid walking on it doesn't really matter as long as it holds up well.
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anderson Composites has the best hard top I've seen in person. Better than Turn Offroads, but Turn Offroad is a good chunk of change cheaper and likely has a much lower lead time.

But, between the two you listed... Turn Off-road is the clear winner because... well.... they're actually delivering product.

There are two companies that sponsor this forum that have extremely unrealistic lead times. One of them is Archetype Racing the other is Adv Fiberglass Concepts. Before you order, take the lead time listed on there website and times it by 10, and you may end up with a slightly more realistic timeline. (Though I'll admit AR is slowly getting better.)

You could always ask them on their thread that @RC Bronco linked to above.
I agree, Anderson's is the best and will probably get one down the road. They need to get on with making one for the 2 door.

Stomper

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The websites and reviews on these tops are very low on information. They dont even say how many pieces the top is or show an overhead photo. That just tells me the product is not ready for primetime if they cant give specifics and want to talk about the temporary polish or the sticker on the side rather than permanent features.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The websites and reviews on these tops are very low on information. They dont even say how many pieces the top is or show an overhead photo. That just tells me the product is not ready for primetime if they cant give specifics and want to talk about the temporary polish or the sticker on the side rather than permanent features.
Not sure what you are getting on about. The Turn top is pretty clear what it is all about. The AC top leaves room for speculation.

the AC top is a replica of the Nissan Cube looking MIC with a different construction, flappy vinyl headliner , no indication of strength, dealer installed, and undetermined wait times at a price point $2k more.

The TOR top is a two piece top, fiberglass construction used in their Jeep tops for years, strong enough for a full grown corn fed looking guy to walk on both panels, proven unfancy headliner, super simple unboxing and install, delivering and shipping according to schedule after a one week delay, no wiper or defrost at the moment but will be available soon as factory installed or retrofit available for early purchasers, available for around $2k below AC.

At this point the OEM Mic and the Turn have the most known about them.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree, Anderson's is the best and will probably get one down the road. They need to get on with making one for the 2 door.
I contacted Anderson Co. THEY PLAN TO BUILD A 2 DOOR TOP IN 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I may be in the minority, but I do not like the logo on the side, just rear of the door on the TOR. I prefer no visible logos, or blacked out. I know, I know, I can paint it, mask it, etc.

At the same time, I would never trust ADV with my money.
Should be able to buy blackout film and tone it down. Agree that the branding is a bit much on the TOR one.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure what you are getting on about. The Turn top is pretty clear what it is all about. The AC top leaves room for speculation.

the AC top is a replica of the Nissan Cube looking MIC with a different construction, flappy vinyl headliner , no indication of strength, dealer installed, and undetermined wait times at a price point $2k more.

The TOR top is a two piece top, fiberglass construction used in their Jeep tops for years, strong enough for a full grown corn fed looking guy to walk on both panels, proven unfancy headliner, super simple unboxing and install, delivering and shipping according to schedule after a one week delay, no wiper or defrost at the moment but will be available soon as factory installed or retrofit available for early purchasers, available for around $2k below AC.

At this point the OEM Mic and the Turn have the most known about them.
No need to try to tear down AC because TOR is also awesome. Install video on AC tops has been on YouTube for at least 9 months. It’s fiberglass construction. They also offer carbon fiber.

If you don’t like the AC top, or if you like TORs better because it’s a better value that’s fair. But to act like it’s a mystery is false. More people have AC tops in their possession than any other hardtop besides OEM.

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where are all these AC tops you speak of? I searched and I see one review from Bird Dog and that’s about it and that was 9 months ago. I’d like to see comparisons between Anderson Adv and Tor.
I love the hard top competition.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No need to try to tear down AC because TOR is also awesome. Install video on AC tops has been on YouTube for at least 9 months. It’s fiberglass construction. They also offer carbon fiber.

If you don’t like the AC top, or if you like TORs better because it’s a better value that’s fair. But to act like it’s a mystery is false. More people have AC tops in their possession than any other hardtop besides OEM.
This wasn't intended to tear down anything. It was in response to the post I replied to saying there was no info on the TOR top and the AC was the clear best choice. What I said holds true though. Have you seen the liner in those videos? The AC hardware does look nice and a 6 month warranty is short. Funny thing is we know more about the ADV than any of them if the prototypes are pretty much inline with the finished units when they get delivered. Anyhow, it would be nice for those trying to decide between the available tops if there was more reviews on all of them. I'm guessing alot of feedback will be coming from the TOR buyers and hopefully sometime this year from the ADV folks.

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This wasn't intended to tear down anything. It was in response to the post I replied to saying there was no info on the TOR top and the AC was the clear best choice. What I said holds true though. Have you seen the liner in those videos? The AC hardware does look nice and a 6 month warranty is short. Funny thing is we know more about the ADV than any of them if the prototypes are pretty much inline with the finished units when they get delivered. Anyhow, it would be nice for those trying to decide between the available tops if there was more reviews on all of them. I'm guessing alot of feedback will be coming from the TOR buyers and hopefully sometime this year from the ADV folks.
What would you like to know about the Turn Offroad hardtop? I’ve had mine since Tuesday.

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem with AC is that they have no one marketing for them. They are not a sponsor in B6G like ADV and TOR. We can’t harass them :)

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

There’s around 4 or so threads here on users with their AC tops. I’m too lazy to look them up lol. Other than that idk what additional info is needed on AC tops. dB numbers? We only have that for ADV’s prototype and who knows how accurate that is haha

IMG_5891.png

Brave Man

Heritage
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Where are all these AC tops you speak of? I searched and I see one review from Bird Dog and that’s about it and that was 9 months ago. I’d like to see comparisons between Anderson Adv and Tor.
I love the hard top competition.
I guess you did not search hard enough. I have had the AC top since September 1 st, I ordered April 18th. It looks and performs great and is quiet.

i added some pictures in the AC top thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...top-dont-hold-your-breathe.80981/post-2124599

i think it is a great option.
i can’t do comparisons, since i have no experience with other tops, all I can say is I really like the AC top. I hope the TOR is equally good, the more options the better. But we do not need to tear down other products just to reassure oursel es that we made the right choice, especially if you have no knowledge of the others.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What would you like to know about the Turn Offroad hardtop? I’ve had mine since Tuesday.
I’m good. Mine arrives tomorrow. Think TOR has answered everything and that was my point.
Sponsored