Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

evgenyvasenev
I think you meant to say "butt" ugly. That design is great if you always wanted a vehicle that looked like an armored car.
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AHEM @GotWake
$695 * 10 =$6,950 no need to apologize:ROFLMAO:
I understand the new cost is now 1895, but that's still 4 times the cost with shipping the adv top
1688658925294.png

and I can honestly say my hardtop is far from a POS with 0 issues to date
I also don't plan on replacing my truck when the warranty runs out lol
Isn't the $695/$1895 the difference in price from the standard soft top? You would have to add the soft top price to that to get an accurate price of the MIC top right?

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't the $695/$1895 the difference in price from the standard soft top? You would have to add the soft top price to that to get an accurate price of the MIC top right?
that’s correct. If you wanted a brand new ford mic top today by ordering individual parts through fords part department, I believe it’s well over 10k not counting labor. My dealer did this exercise for a customer and it came out to almost 16 with tax and labor. Pretty sure when it’s available as an accessory it’ll be in the 5-6k range (in todays dollars) but who knows when that will be. If you order it with your build you get a big discount too. For example… the safari bar is $300 if you order it with your bronco but if you go to the accessories website, buying it after is $570 without any labor.

back to the speculated mic top price as an accessory after, it will be slightly cheaper than the after market ones but not much. If you really want the mic top and don’t have your bronco yet, best to just have it included with your build.

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

that’s correct. If you wanted a brand new ford mic top today by ordering individual parts through fords part department, I believe it’s well over 10k not counting labor. My dealer did this exercise for a customer and it came out to almost 16 with tax and labor. Pretty sure when it’s available as an accessory it’ll be in the 5-6k range (in todays dollars) but who knows when that will be. If you order it with your build you get a big discount too. For example… the safari bar is $300 if you order it with your bronco but if you go to the accessories website, buying it after is $570 without any labor.

back to the speculated mic top price as an accessory after, it will be slightly cheaper than the after market ones but not much. If you really want the mic top and don’t have your bronco yet, best to just have it included with your build.
He is exactly right. Some of foolishly thought that to get our Broncos sometime before death, drop the MIC, because Ford will certainly make that hardtop available to those of us who sacrificed at a reasonable price. Not so much. Twice the price of #ADVFiberglass

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed. It's not like they're waiting to fill a truck and save on logistics. I think it's safe to assume they've built and have ready enough to fill a truck load right now...
IMO, they would probably to do LTL instead of FTL for their orders. I can't see them shipping a full truck out like that.

Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We also need to realize that the marketing material put out by ANY company is going to show that companies product in the best light possible. That's just basics of marketing.

Don't get me wrong - I firmly believe the ADV hardtop IS the best of the three by a long shot. But folks who watch any marketing material should take it with a grain of salt. No company is going to show their product in a situation where it may reflect poorly on it. I will give credit to ADV for being honest about the weight of theirs is heavier than the others - That could deter customers, if weight is their biggest concern.

Anyways, we're all adults and can use our brains to make a smart decision on what top is the best. The videos are very helpful, but should always be taken with a grain of salt by any company.

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
How in the world did Ford get away with making the hardtop out of CARBOARD?

If you park your Bronco outside in front of your house on the street and a acorn or hail hits it and damages it water will get in and mold the whole top within days.

It's literally (and I hate the word literally) made out of paper.

Ford Bronco ADV Advanced Fiberglass Concepts Hardtop  -- Cross Section Look at Material & Construction 2021 Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top 1.0 construction material cross section inside 5

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How in the world did Ford get away with making the hardtop out of CARBOARD?

If you park your Bronco outside in front of your house on the street and a acorn or hail hits it and damages it water will get in and mold the whole top within days.

It's literally (and I hate the word literally) made out of paper.

Ford Bronco ADV Advanced Fiberglass Concepts Hardtop  -- Cross Section Look at Material & Construction 2021 Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top 1.0 construction material cross section inside 5
I wish Ford would have used a plastic honeycomb core instead of the cardboard. Would have been just as light.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish Ford would have used a plastic honeycomb core instead of the cardboard. Would have been just as light.
Why not use real honeycomb? Let the bees do the work.

Have a leak in your hard top? Needs repairs? Bees will fix that for you.

🐝

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not use real honeycomb? Let the bees do the work.

Have a leak in your hard top? Needs repairs? Bees will fix that for you.

🐝
Need a snack on your road trip? take some honey that’s been stored in your MIC. Let the bees fill it back in and go on your merry way 😎

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I bought the hardtop with the truck it was 695. I did not have to buy the soft top as well. The build sheet had an option for dual top to get both. It was just 695 for the hardtop and no soft top

Last edited:

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I bought the hardtop with the truck it was 695. I did not have to buy the soft top as well. The build sheet had an option for dual top to get both. It was just 695 for the hardtop and no soft top
The hard top is (was) $695 in addition to the price of the soft top, which was $2400 or something like that. So you paid the $2400 PLUS the $695. You can’t order and back the soft top cost out. This has been discussed a million times on here.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If my factory top ever has an issue (it's been completely flawless for over a year), I wouldn't take an ADV top for free.

Besides the slant back (do not like it) the major drawback for me is the fact that the second row and cargo area are one piece. Congrats on turning this into a Jeep and eliminating one of the coolest features that set the Bronco apart.

If I cant do this, I don't want it.

Is that configuring the manual for the hard top? Or are people just doing that based on the patching system? I saw someone drive by me last week with just the clamshell off the back of their Bronco and the three panels installed.

Thanks for any and all answers 😁

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The hard top is (was) $695 in addition to the price of the soft top, which was $2400 or something like that. So you paid the $2400 PLUS the $695. You can’t order and back the soft top cost out. This has been discussed a million times on here.
Well this is the first time I have seen it posted on here. If I'm wrong I'll admit that. Obviously ford does not make it clear. I just see 695 on my window sticker with no mention of built in soft top cost
It always awesome when fellow forum members let others know in a respectful way

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

He is just trying to point out that the Soft top (Value $2400) is standard, price built into basic MSRP, for all 4dr Broncos (except models where Hard top is standard).
Meaning the $695/1895 is on top of the $2400 for soft top which you give up by ordering the Hard top.
Sponsored