Sponsored

Advanced Fiberglass Concepts vs Turn Offroad Hardtop?

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I could be the guinea pig to compare both AC top and TOR top. Will compare & decide to keep one (more leaning toward TOR because it saves money, And I don't need the defroster in SoCal. lol)

I had AC top for 2 months now. It is quite/ looks better than OEM MIC IMO. I used to set the audio volume at 10-11 for music on highway cruising, yelling when I made a call with soft-top. Now it is 7-8.

I tried to do the DB test before, not sure if it is my phone or what, the reading varies a lot (10db +) so I give up. If you know any Android app that works better, let me know. Another pitfall about noise tests is the noise spectrum. Human ears are sensitive to a certain range of frequencies, so if you could reduce the energy within these spectra, you would feel much better. But most sound meter apps only get the total energy within the whole spectrum, so it is hard to show the difference with simple apps.

The problem I see with AC top is its OEM design. The OEM rubber, especially those alignment pins could cause some clicking noise. I fixed it using vinyl tape. Not a big deal.

TOR has a two-piece design, which I think will be stronger than the 4 piece OEM style in the long term. The latch is a bit disappointing compared with AC. The AC latch is top-notch.

If anyone wants to take over the AC top below, let me know. lol.
Ford Bronco Advanced Fiberglass Concepts vs Turn Offroad Hardtop? 20231228_142512~2

I agree, Anderson's is the best and will probably get one down the road. They need to get on with making one for the 2 door.
I’m good. Mine arrives tomorrow. Think TOR has answered everything and that was my point.
Man you are trashing AC top a lot.
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could be the guinea pig to compare both AC top and TOR top. Will compare & decide to keep one (more leaning toward TOR because it saves money, And I don't need the defroster in SoCal. lol)

I had AC top for 2 months now. It is quite/ looks better than OEM MIC IMO. I used to set the audio volume at 10-11 for music on highway cruising, yelling when I made a call with soft-top. Now it is 7-8.

I tried to do the DB test before, not sure if it is my phone or what, the reading varies a lot (10db +) so I give up. If you know any Android app that works better, let me know. Another pitfall about noise tests is the noise spectrum. Human ears are sensitive to a certain range of frequencies, so if you could reduce the energy within these spectra, you would feel much better. But most sound meter apps only get the total energy within the whole spectrum, so it is hard to show the difference with simple apps.

The problem I see with AC top is its OEM design. The OEM rubber, especially those alignment pins could cause some clicking noise. I fixed it using vinyl tape. Not a big deal.

TOR has a two-piece design, which I think will be stronger than the 4 piece OEM style in the long term. The latch is a bit disappointing compared with AC. The AC latch is top-notch.

Ford Bronco Advanced Fiberglass Concepts vs Turn Offroad Hardtop? 1706822262375

My AC top is supposed to be done any day now. But I’m getting it painted

Last edited:

OVRLNDR

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco Advanced Fiberglass Concepts vs Turn Offroad Hardtop? 1706822262375

What wheel and tire combo do you have?
Sponsored