BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TBH, I don’t have any plans of jumping on top of my roof, lol. I’ve got the TrailRax rack on it so, I don’t have any concerns regarding the strength. As far as noise goes, I have no complaints. In my 1 month review video, I mention the less piece versions from ADV might be the best option for less noise and creaking. I do really like the sound deadening in the Anderson Composites top. I’m not fond of the slanted designs for either the hard or soft tops on the market. Like he said in this video and I did in mine, it really comes down to what are your priorities and how much you want to spend. I considered the ADV top and priced it out prior to purchasing mine. It was roughly about $3k more for the same options and shipping and taxes. I wanted the removable middle piece and was willing to accept the trade off that comes with that.

My video review of the Anderson Composites top:
Thank you for the feedback! I wanted people to have real world reviews because sometimes destruction tests and extra strength aren’t always applicable to the real world application of the product. If the top can handle the forces expected to be exerted to it while driving and off roading that’s all it really needs. The extra strength doesn’t hurt but may not be necessary
Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now I know why Anderson didn’t advertise or show any details about the inside of their top. Because there isn’t an inside. It’s hollow. Pretty disappointing to see that.

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We also need to realize that the marketing material put out by ANY company is going to show that companies product in the best light possible. That's just basics of marketing.

Don't get me wrong - I firmly believe the ADV hardtop IS the best of the three by a long shot. But folks who watch any marketing material should take it with a grain of salt. No company is going to show their product in a situation where it may reflect poorly on it. I will give credit to ADV for being honest about the weight of theirs is heavier than the others - That could deter customers, if weight is their biggest concern.

Anyways, we're all adults and can use our brains to make a smart decision on what top is the best. The videos are very helpful, but should always be taken with a grain of salt by any company.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We also need to realize that the marketing material put out by ANY company is going to show that companies product in the best light possible. That's just basics of marketing.

Don't get me wrong - I firmly believe the ADV hardtop IS the best of the three by a long shot. But folks who watch any marketing material should take it with a grain of salt. No company is going to show their product in a situation where it may reflect poorly on it. I will give credit to ADV for being honest about the weight of theirs is heavier than the others - That could deter customers, if weight is their biggest concern.

Anyways, we're all adults and can use our brains to make a smart decision on what top is the best. The videos are very helpful, but should always be taken with a grain of salt by any company.
Yup agreed. Having the video is better than not having it, we finally get more info! But def have to take it with a grain of salt. Anderson said the presentation is based on assumption and opinion. I didn’t ask them specifics though. I figure if there are any major drawbacks we’ll start hearing about them soon because their tops have been in customer’s hands for a while now. So far I haven’t heard anything negative 🤷🏾‍♂️

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

would still like to see a third party take /analysis, instead of a marketing video created by the company selling the top explaining why their product is the best

I will admit the closed cell foam seems like a better material than the honeycomb, but other parts of the video are cheesy such as the "flex test" portion & the heavier must be better analogy. Everyone has opinions but I prefer data and facts.

I'm not saying their top is bad, it does seem ADV has put a lot of though / time into this. However this marketing video is not moving me to drop mid 7k for a top that has one less opening and unconfirmed improvements costing 10x the original OEM top price

Last edited:

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

would still like to see a third party take /analysis, instead of a marketing video created by the company selling the top explaining why their product is the best

I will admit the closed cell foam seems like a better material than the honeycomb, but other parts of the video are cheesy such as the "flex test" portion & the heavier must be better analogy. Everyone has opinions but I prefer data and facts.

I'm not saying their top is bad, it does seem ADV has put a lot of though / time into this. However this marketing video is not moving me to drop mid 7k for a top that has one less opening and unconfirmed improvements costing 10x the original OEM top price
Speaking of data and facts. 😂 I’m not sure 7k is 10x $1895. And when that warranty runs out that replacement OEM top will cost a whole lot more when it falls apart.

If the OEM top wasn’t a POS I would be fine with it. But, with what some are seeing with delam in such a short time, OEM tops are going to be falling apart in 5 years.

I know it’s a marketing video. But, it sure is nice seeing how well it’s made compared to the competition. A hardtop shouldn’t be doing a lot of flexing just with someone‘s weight on it.

The ADV tops may have problems once they get out. But, it just looks like the best option. When I switched my order over from a hardtop to soft top so I could get it faster. I decided I would just buy the best aftermarket one. everything I’ve seen with theirs makes me glad I went with them. It sucks it’s taken so long.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking of data and facts. 😂 I’m not sure 7k is 10x $1895. And when that warranty runs out that replacement OEM top will cost a whole lot more when it falls apart.

If the OEM top wasn’t a POS I would be fine with it. But, with what some are seeing with delam in such a short time, OEM tops are going to be falling apart in 5 years.

I know it’s a marketing video. But, it sure is nice seeing how well it’s made compared to the competition. A hardtop shouldn’t be doing a lot of flexing just with someone‘s weight on it.

The ADV tops may have problems once they get out. But, it just looks like the best option. When I switched my order over from a hardtop to soft top so I could get it faster. I decided I would just buy the best aftermarket one. everything I’ve seen with theirs makes me glad I went with them. It sucks it’s taken so long.
AHEM @GotWake
$695 * 10 =$6,950 no need to apologize:ROFLMAO:
I understand the new cost is now 1895, but that's still 4 times the cost with shipping the adv top
Ford Bronco ADV Advanced Fiberglass Concepts Hardtop  -- Cross Section Look at Material & Construction 1688658925294

and I can honestly say my hardtop is far from a POS with 0 issues to date
I also don't plan on replacing my truck when the warranty runs out lol

Last edited:

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I know why Anderson didn’t advertise or show any details about the inside of their roof. Because there isn’t an inside. It’s hollow. Pretty disappointing to see that.
Hard to see why they just dont go ahead and inject some type of foam into that space. I mean whats the downside besides a nominal weight increase. After seeing this the OEM sure looks like a deal compared to the AC. Heck, if I purchased an AC I'd be tempted to drill a few holes on the underside and inject some on my own.

It's also becoming more clear why the ADV keeps getting delayed. I'm assuming at this point they want to be the first ones out with the videos and social media content. The weekly videos do build excitement. Can't blame them for that. Curious how many AC buyers would have changed direction after seeing this. For somebody like me who was all in from day one based only on style and ADV quality reputation, I'm more anxious to get it than ever. Jonesing harder than ever! Looks great ADV!

Last edited:

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would like to update my comments on @ADVFiberglass. I just watched the Youtube video on the comparison of the three available tops. It appears that clearly, @ADVFiberglass top will be superior to the alternatives. Assuming I receive mine in August and it is as good as this video shows it to be, then it will be worth the wait. God's Speed gentlemen at @ADVFiberglass.

Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I preordered mine within the first 5 minutes of the preorder opening. I know alot of people who ordered early like me are getting antsy but tbh I thought about it… it’s summer… I’m going to enjoy my soft top a little longer before the swap. I’m totally okay with receiving it in August/September . 😎

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Translation:

What we expect to see from a 3rd party testing the hard top:

Ford Bronco ADV Advanced Fiberglass Concepts Hardtop  -- Cross Section Look at Material & Construction IllustriousMindlessHoverfly-max-1mb

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As another comparison, does anyone know what a cross section of an OEM Wrangler top looks like?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As another comparison, does anyone know what a cross section of an OEM Wrangler top looks like?
A quick Google search...
Sponsored